SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Multiple UIs for SH5 with TDC (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093)

tonyw 04-01-10 03:01 PM

I'm using your enhanced SH5 UI, and have found a small problem.
You have stopped the "Lock" button coming up which is a good thing but it also stops the "take photo" button appearing for the recon missions.

I don't know if you can get one to work without the other. For now I'll switch to the std ui just to take the photo to complete the mission.

TheDarkWraith 04-01-10 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyw (Post 1344023)
I'm using your enhanced SH5 UI, and have found a small problem.
You have stopped the "Lock" button coming up which is a good thing but it also stops the "take photo" button appearing for the recon missions.

I don't know if you can get one to work without the other. For now I'll switch to the std ui just to take the photo to complete the mission.

thanks for the bug report. I'll add it to the list of things to look into.

lumat83 04-01-10 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1343844)
It's on my list of things to fix/look into. The list is quite long for the upcoming version (1.2.0) :DL

Ok, thank you, I thought that it was a problem with my system seulement (On your screen, this icon don't appear)

For the new version :DL

7thSeal 04-01-10 07:09 PM

Hey DarkWraith, I was wondering if you'd might consider increasing the time it takes for the description window (bottom right) that pop-ups when hovering over the sub commands and over ships when on map?

Don't really need a quick pop-up every time hovering over the commands but I can see it being useful for getting the ships speed when on map. Didn't get the exact time it takes for it to pop-up but just guessing that its a little less than a second. Maybe increasing it to 2-3 seconds if possible?

Any thoughts on it?

:)

TheDarkWraith 04-01-10 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7thSeal (Post 1344331)
Hey DarkWraith, I was wondering if you'd might consider increasing the time it takes for the description window (bottom right) that pop-ups when hovering over the sub commands and over ships when on map?

Don't really need a quick pop-up every time hovering over the commands but I can see it being useful for getting the ships speed when on map. Didn't get the exact time it takes for it to pop-up but just guessing that its a little less than a second. Maybe increasing it to 2-3 seconds if possible?

Any thoughts on it?

:)

screenshot please? I think I know what you're talking about but not sure one can tinker with that time delay. I'll look into it though after I verify what you're referring to.

THE_MASK 04-01-10 07:13 PM

Running the enhanced sh5 one . With the rudder dial on 10deg it says i am at 2deg etc . thanks .
AilClouds 3.0
ImprovedWaves_Improved Pitch&Roll
MightyFine Less Annoying Footsteps 1.0
Sobers better crew SH5
MoraleMod
No Surface Hydrophone v2
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith
More crew commands dialog v1.00 ENG
Reboot's Water Drips 1.1
Reboot's Hot Soup 1.1

TheDarkWraith 04-01-10 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1344337)
Running the enhanced sh5 one . With the rudder dial on 10deg it says i am at 2deg etc . thanks .
AilClouds 3.0
ImprovedWaves_Improved Pitch&Roll
MightyFine Less Annoying Footsteps 1.0
Sobers better crew SH5
MoraleMod
No Surface Hydrophone v2
No Damn Bubbles, No Damn Halo Mod
NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith
More crew commands dialog v1.00 ENG
Reboot's Water Drips 1.1
Reboot's Hot Soup 1.1

yeah for some reason the voice always says the wrong rudder degrees. It's at the right rudder degree though as it's controlled by a game dial it's just the called out speech that's wrong. Haven't been able to nail that one down yet.

7thSeal 04-01-10 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1344336)
screenshot please?

You bet, bottom right within the red square.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5...0119192190.jpg

TheDarkWraith 04-01-10 07:34 PM

okay that's what I thought you were talking about. I'll have to dig for this one....

etheberge 04-01-10 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1344369)
okay that's what I thought you were talking about. I'll have to dig for this one....

I would personally love the option to take it out completely if it's do-able. It would remove the temptation to use it to get target speed and type for those of us too weak to resist :-)

kylania 04-01-10 07:41 PM

2-3 seconds is painful. :) That's a "hey, is my game broken?" length of time, if not "throwing the cat across the room" length of time. I'm sure it'll be made optional, but 1 second is probably more than long enough. Even that will be a noticeable delay. :03:

7thSeal 04-01-10 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylania (Post 1344374)
if not "throwing the cat across the room" length of time.

:haha:

I'm probably a bit slower sometimes when deciding to click something. :DL
I already know what its going to do when I click it and pop-ups have a tendency to get on my nerves after awhile. :)

2-3 seconds may be a bit long though... just threw that out there to get it increased a bit. :salute:

TheDarkWraith 04-01-10 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etheberge (Post 1344372)
I would personally love the option to take it out completely if it's do-able. It would remove the temptation to use it to get target speed and type for those of us too weak to resist :-)

now that is easy to do. I can make that an option.

kylania 04-01-10 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1344389)
now that is easy to do. I can make that an option.

Leave it in, just make the speed random and constantly changing! :rotfl2:

keith_uk 04-01-10 10:40 PM

Can someone please tell me how to take photos in recon missions with this mod? I've been reading through lots of posts, but i still have no idea.

Keith.