SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX 2.1 Update Released (yes really) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135224)

sh3rules 04-18-08 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakatan
Anyway I want thank you all for that super-, hiper-, extra-, awesome mod. :up:
Ubisoft's SH3 without GWX looks like WIP 'alpha stage' demo.

I’d say Beta, but I guess we can agree that at the time of release SHIII was far from finished. BTW there have been worse releases: Falcon 4, Enemy Engaged 2...

Wreford-Brown 04-18-08 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenRivet
i hate to be "that guy" but according to the install instructions posted above we have to start this install process all over from scratch... does this include those of us who already have GWX2.0 installed on a clean copy of 1.4b? :-?

could it not be possible to roll back SH3 Commander, delete all careers and run the 2.1 exe?

or is that scenario acceptable.

hate to be a pain

@Goldenrivet - I tried your short cut and suffered fatal CTDs while the game was loading:oops: .
Went back to the recommended GWX install process and no problems.:rock:

Shakatan 04-19-08 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh3rules
Quote:

I’d say Beta, but I guess we can agree that at the time of release SHIII was far from finished. BTW there have been worse releases: Falcon 4, Enemy Engaged 2...

But that's unfair... If I, for example, sell on market any product witch is not ready for use or have multiple malfunction, a customer will bring it to me and will want his money back. Ubisoft don't said even 'sorry...'! That's why SH3 was the last game whitch i buy from them! If GWX DevTeam make a mod for SH4 i will buy it only from second-hand - I will not support again that thievish company!:down:

Kpt. Lehmann 04-19-08 12:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh3rules
Quote:

But that's unfair... If I, for example, sell on market any product witch is not ready for use or have multiple malfunction, a customer will bring it to me and will want his money back. Ubisoft don't said even 'sorry...'! That's why SH3 was the last game whitch i buy from them! If GWX DevTeam make a mod for SH4 i will buy it only from second-hand - I will not support again that thievish company!:down:

Easy there mate.

Without SH3 (buggy or not) there would be no GWX.;)

Venatore 04-19-08 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Easy there mate. Without SH3 (buggy or not) there would be no GWX.;)

Is that like saying "without the egg, there would be no chickens" :hmm: :rotfl: Sorry that wasn't funny :shifty:

Shakatan 04-19-08 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venatore
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Easy there mate. Without SH3 (buggy or not) there would be no GWX.;)

Is that like saying "without the egg, there would be no chickens" :hmm: :rotfl: Sorry that wasn't funny :shifty:

I know;) Sorry for my english, maybe i don't explained it clearly and precisely - I think that selling new product (SH4) before previous game was fully fixed and done was dishonesty. UBI should support SH3 utill it will coresponding with their pre-relase game content
declaration. I'm talking about tens unused .ogg voices in game directory, other features that have description in SH3 manual but doesn't work in game and many many less important or major bugs. Why they don't published SH4 as paid add-on for SH3 or at least as separate, but compatibile with SH3 (like Il sturmovik and Pacific Figters)?
As I said I know that without SH3 there's no GWX, but why moders must work for free and wasting their own time just because Ubi can't make fully functional game.

1.. 2.. 3.. 4.. deep breath, need to calm down myself;)
Sorry for OT, that was last post full of complaint...

Meridian 04-19-08 02:41 AM

Great work all, and thanks for the update.

What happened to the "Scene.dat" file? It's now 4mb. Not causing any problems, was just curious about the size difference.

Contact 04-19-08 03:41 AM

... I'm getting crashes while loading mission after "Not so long ago" screen, I saved it in the port of Hella just few hours before the start of war. Using SH3 commander and GWX 2.1 :down:

Contact 04-19-08 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contact
Just a reminder: I'm still waitin' for answers in my post above :know:

OK
Yes you will get minus renown as they are neutral ships
Did you not start with 1000 renown to compensate for that ?

As at that time ALL countries are neutral you will become the enemy of all for attacking one
Which is why the message says press " esc " to end patrol

:hmm: the sinking ship looks like Sergs minesweeper
Obviously overlooked when the sinking ship bug fixed
Happens when you spent a long time in render range without visual contact or you enter render\visual range then leave it and re enter some time later

Not sure about the camera issue not seen that one before

So if I want to keep renown points in my pocket I can simply let them live right ? :)

Dronston 04-19-08 04:57 AM

Thanks so much Grey Wolves! :up:
Is it just because of my clean install or have the loading times improved?

Just finished my 5 day shakedown trip form Wilhelmshaven and I'm preparing for my first patrol. Really cool that the campaign now starts on august 1st since thats my birthday. Since my boot number is 698 (year and month of birth) I'm sure I'll have a brilliant career, there's no coincedence :smug:

A few questions.

I installed the res fix again to be able to play at 1280x1024 but I noticed this disables the F9 F10 and F11 keys. Any cure for that? (set keys prog doesn't seem to work).

Can someone confirm that installing sound mods won't matter for the 2.1 install?
I want to reinstall Thomson's Whispering Ring Ring mod, and replace the diesel sounds.

Can I install the SB_cameras mod?

Sub skins?

Hope this isn't in the new manual 'cause I couldn't find it in there.

von Zelda 04-19-08 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dronston
Can someone confirm that installing sound mods won't matter for the 2.1 install?
I want to reinstall Thomson's Whispering Ring Ring mod, and replace the diesel sounds.

I installed Thomsen's Whispering Ring Ring mod and the game works fine! And since it is a sound file, you can install during a mission.

Dowly 04-19-08 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von Zelda
Quote:

I installed Thomsen's Whispering Ring Ring mod and the game works fine! And since it is a sound file, you can install during a mission.

Sound mods are usually compatible with any mod. :up:

Dronston 04-19-08 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:

Originally Posted by von Zelda
Quote:

Sound mods are usually compatible with any mod. :up:

Thanks Zelda and Dowly.

Will try right away.

Venatore 04-19-08 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contact
... I'm getting crashes while loading mission after "Not so long ago" screen, I saved it in the port of Hella just few hours before the start of war. Using SH3 commander and GWX 2.1 :down:

Contact,

I read your post and thought lets have a try saving the game around the harbour location [career mode] and reload to see what happens, and yep I crashed to desk top at the "Not so long ago" load up screen just like you did :shifty:

I took all mods of so it was a clean 2.1 running through SHIII Cmdr 3.1, no joy :shifty: :hmm:

I read the manual and it talks about 50km and game crashes, but not about this part :hmm: I was surfaced as well, I did this just to see what would happen, I've played the game prior to this and everything worked fine 2.1 through SHIII Cmdr 3.1 :roll:

Interesting :hmm:

Contact 04-19-08 06:34 AM

Heh.. yeah.. well.. some problems still making some dark clouds around this release too.. :shifty:

This crash can be simply be avoided by not saving close to docks.. or if possible better not touching save option in mission at all, or making multiple saves to lower the crash risks. I can remember my disapointment in GWX 2.0 when I made a save at 00:00 time after that couldn't load it back.. heh, had to say goodbye to that pretty big tonnage I did on that patrol.. :cry: