SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096)

Kpt. Lehmann 12-09-07 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brotebjo
so for the time being how can I add back the tail of the ships in 2.0? Thanks!

Will address that in a few days.

By the way mate, when you close to VISUAL RANGE the tails reappear when you zoom in.

brotebjo 12-09-07 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:

so for the time being how can I add back the tail of the ships in 2.0? Thanks!

Will address that in a few days.

By the way mate, when you close to VISUAL RANGE the tails reappear when you zoom in.

Ok, thanks, I'll try and be patient...;)

3Jane 12-09-07 08:49 PM

Just finished downloading, I just want to check something. Is SHIII Weather usable with GWX 2.0

TarJak 12-09-07 08:54 PM

No externally developed mods were tested during the Beta testing of GWX2.0 so you can give it a go. Our advice is to try it as is for a few days to make sure that there are no problems before installing other mods over the top.

We do know that any graphics only mods will be OK though as they do not alter configurations, ships and subs or campaign files. Any mods which alter these run the risk of causing CTD's.

3Jane 12-09-07 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarJak
Not externally developed mods were tested during the Beta testing of GWX2.0 so you can give it a go. Our advice is to try it as is for a few days to make sure that there are no problems before installing other mods over the top.

We do know that any graphics only mods will be OK though as they do not alter configurations, ships and subs or campaign files. Any mods which alter these run the risk of causing CTD's.

Will do. Thanks.

Packerton 12-09-07 09:08 PM

Cheers Everyone, I hope you enjoy the content I helped test.

miner1436 12-09-07 09:19 PM

question: it says to create a fresh/brand new installation of GWX patched to version 1.4b

Does this mean to download the oroginal 5 bins from the previous GWX?

brotebjo 12-09-07 09:50 PM

another question about 2.0

Please forgive me is this was mentioned somewhere, but did 2.0 do away with the Sub Commander skin pack?

tdean001 12-09-07 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miner1436
question: it says to create a fresh/brand new installation of GWX patched to version 1.4b

Miner1436 - No, you just need to have a clean installation of SH3 1.4b and the NEW GWX 2.0. This is totally stand-alone, no prior version of GWX necessary.

Tom

12-09-07 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miner1436

no, it means to make a new install of stock SH3, eg: Your CD, then patch it with version 1.4b, then download and install GWX2.0.

Hope that helps;)

KeptinCranky 12-10-07 03:06 AM

Quote:

Please forgive me is this was mentioned somewhere, but did 2.0 do away with the Sub Commander skin pack?

Yes it is now integrated into the mod itself

Jimbuna 12-10-07 04:39 AM

GWX 2.0 ia a standalone upgrade of 1.03.....all you need is a fresh install of SH3 patched to 1.4b.
SH3 Commander is a separate install, but you will need the CFG file, downloadable from the GWX website. :arrgh!:

danlisa 12-10-07 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna
.....but you will need the CFG file, downloadable from the GWX website. :arrgh!:

Not yet it's not.;) The website will be updated following the donation download week.

Paco 12-10-07 06:05 AM

Hi,

there is a funny literal error in the Docu and the SH-3 Ingame-Map.

The little island in the "Deutsche Bucht" is Helgoland and not "Heligoland".

In WW2 there was no "heli-pad" :rotfl:

Thanks for the great work on GWX:up::up::up::up:
Paco

Mush Martin 12-10-07 06:14 AM

Quote:

I Believe thats correct