SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215433)

jonmar 02-29-16 09:45 PM

I'm still getting weird AOB results. Here is what I do.

First I measure range by counting the tic marks to the reference point on the ship. Then I align that value on the mid inner dial to the 90 degree mark on the inner ring. Then I look up the ship's mast height * 2 on the outer ring and check the range corresponding to it on the mid outer dial.

Then to get the AOB, I align the range value on the mid outer dial with the ship's length on the outer ring... then I count the horizontal tics along the ship's entire length. Then I find that value on the mid inner dial and look up the AOB corresponding to it on the inner ring.

The problem is that the tic mark value is always above the 90 degree mark so there is nothing to read there. :/\\!!

I must be doing something wrong here.

siege00 02-29-16 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonmar (Post 2385570)
I'm still getting weird AOB results. Here is what I do.

First I measure range by counting the tic marks to the reference point on the ship. Then I align that value on the mid inner dial to the 90 degree mark on the inner ring. Then I look up the ship's mast height * 2 on the outer ring and check the range corresponding to it on the mid outer dial.

Then to get the AOB, I align the range value on the mid outer dial with the ship's length on the outer ring... then I count the horizontal tics along the ship's entire length. Then I find that value on the mid inner dial and look up the AOB corresponding to it on the inner ring.

The problem is that the tic mark value is always above the 90 degree mark so there is nothing to read there. :/\\!!

I must be doing something wrong here.

That one is my fault, trying to do it from memory. I just checked and it's half the length tics. So I used the tics on the right hand side with the ship locked.

I use the Naval Academy > Torpedo mission to check my calculations. I know the stationary ship is around 800m away and around 36 degrees starboard (green) AOB.

So whenever I'm checking a UI and the rings, that's where I go with it.

Sorry about that. :oops:

jonmar 03-01-16 01:07 PM

No problem. I've been using that same mission to test. I always turn 90 degrees to east and attack the small tanker because I know his speed and heading.

BTW is it just me or do the ships despawn after a while? I've had this happen many times when I'm tracking one of the ships and trying to get ahead of them to establish a good attack position, after a while they just aren't there anymore. Especially if I use time compression.

Kumando 03-01-16 09:28 PM

Is it possible to adjust it for 1680x1050 resolution?

szolnok95 03-10-16 05:04 AM

In this mod, how can i calculate with this:

http://i44.tinypic.com/rhq491.png

This from SH 5 but, i have the same in this mod.(different colour, but same 10-10 degree at hor and ver)

szolnok95 03-13-16 03:31 PM

Hi lads! Guys can you help me in 1 thing? :)

When i use the LSH mod with Ahnenerbe WideGui 1920 x 1080 Final I have thi bug at carrier map:

http://i.imgur.com/SvCrCZL.jpg

After this when the game loaded the game place me onto South African sea. What is the problem? :'(

Belew 03-24-16 02:25 AM

Здравствуйте! Во-первых говорю Вам спасибо за проделанную работу! За Ваш МОД. Игра и впраду преображается. В первой странице, где релиз мода, есть скрины с хорошей графикой (1920х1080), но меня интересует, прежде всего, как Вам удалось достичь в интерфейсе кириллицы кругом? Можете показать порядок действий, начиная с установки SHIII 1.4b и далее. Я установил на ванильную SHIII программу JSGME, затем с его помощью активировал Ваш мод. В итоге получился широкоформатный SHIII с частичной кириллицей. Конкретно так: описание заданий на русском, а интерфейс English. ЧЯДНТ? Подозреваю, что в папке из архива нужно копировать в папку MODS не всё.
Прошу извенить меня за перевод через Гугл переводчик
С уважением, Евгений.

Hello! First you say thank you for the work done! For your mod. The game truly transformed. In the first page, where the release of fashion, there are screens with good graphics (1920x1080), but I'm interested in, first of all, how did you manage to achieve in Cyrillic interface circle? You can show the procedure, starting with the installation SHIII 1.4b onwards. I installed the program on vanilla SHIII JSGME, then use it to activate your mod. This results in a wide SHIII partial Cyrillic. Specifically as follows: Description of tasks in Russian and English interface. What me Done Wrong? I suspect that the archive folder you want to copy in the folder MODS is not all.
I apologize for the translation via Google translator
Sincerely, Eugene.

THEBERBSTER 03-24-16 03:19 AM

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Belew
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Highly Recommended > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod

Jimbuna 03-24-16 09:12 AM

Welcome to SubSim Belew :sunny:

HW3 03-24-16 01:12 PM

Welcome Aboard!

Anvar1061 03-24-16 11:04 PM

(en_menu.txt)
750=Kiel
751=Brest
752=Wilhelmshaven
753=Lorient
754=St. Nazaire
755=Bergen
756=Bordeaux
757=La Spezia
758=Toulon
759=Flensburg

siege00 03-25-16 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvar1061 (Post 2392310)
(en_menu.txt)
750=Kiel
751=Brest
752=Wilhelmshaven
753=Lorient
754=St. Nazaire
755=Bergen
756=Bordeaux
757=La Spezia
758=Toulon
759=Flensburg

Anvar,

Is this the solution to the campaign selection screen or something else?

Anvar1061 03-25-16 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siege00 (Post 2392322)
Anvar,

Is this the solution to the campaign selection screen or something else?

Start at the equator.

TigerTager 04-01-16 04:42 AM

Guys, I have a problem. At start of the company in 1939, in 1y flotillas it is still normal. And if in 2 flotillas (on VII), at start of patrol game crumbles with a mistake with probability in 80%. And if to start in 1940, then it is not possible to start not one patrol at all... You can help? Who had similar?

p.s.: forgive for broken English...

THEBERBSTER 04-01-16 05:36 AM

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > TigerTager
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Highly Recommended > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod

buntaro 04-09-16 05:01 PM

Is it possible to make the drawings on the map (like ruler, compass, marks) thicker? In 1920x1080 on a 150dpi display they are almost invisible.

buntaro 04-10-16 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buntaro (Post 2396440)
Is it possible to make the drawings on the map (like ruler, compass, marks) thicker? In 1920x1080 on a 150dpi display they are almost invisible.

Think I have found why map drawings were impossibly thin for me even using a stock SH3 installation with no mods at all.

Turned out I had FXAA turned on for Silent Hunter in NVidia drivers. This thing performs some post processing of the screen image to make the edges more smooth. But it also absolutely destroys thin elements like small text and thin lines. Once I turned it off, some rough edges appeared but also the text and the thin lines on the map became much more readable.

Still I wonder if it's possible to modify the map drawings. It would be nice to have them have different colors and/or line weight for example.

bidou1958 04-14-16 04:26 AM

Thanks for this mod !
I put it on my portable computer (17 pouces) which only gave me SH3 on 1024 x 768 ...:wah:

Whith this mod , SH3 is all over my screen ....
that give me hapiness to play SH3 LSH, realistic ...
THANKS SIR !:up:

antoni112 06-13-16 03:50 AM

O YEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! THX Thank You Spaciba:):rock:

antoni112 06-13-16 07:45 AM

Mod is sensational (my jaw dropped) to the happiness I miss the only drivers in the central part of the periscope and combat watch :) I have a question: Is it possible to somehow add this parting, if so, how? Regards :):salute: