SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   DCS:- Warthog (A-10C) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171148)

Dowly 08-20-11 05:23 AM

Mmm... I'd welcome Tomcat too.

But ONLY if there's a button to make the RIO sing Highway to the Danzer Zone out of tune ala Bill & John. :hmmm:

Oberon 08-20-11 06:49 AM

:o DCS: Apache - DO WANT

An interesting combination of Black Shark and A-10 would be the Harrier. :yep:

Herr-Berbunch 08-20-11 08:10 AM

Harrier? Single seat, multi-role, carrier/land based...

And I'm sure they can get their hands on one or two...

ajrimmer42 08-20-11 08:40 AM

+1 for DCS: Harrier :rock:

Raptor1 08-20-11 01:58 PM

IIRC they said the next one is a US fixed winger. In which case I'm betting on the F/A-18 (Though if I had my choice, B-1B Lancer or B-52, obviously).

I hope they get around to making the Su-27 and its variations at some point (Especially the Su-34), though.

Dowly 08-20-11 02:26 PM

Yeah, it's going to be US plane.

As for next Russian plane, Mig-29, please. :yep:

Arclight 08-20-11 03:01 PM

Still wondering how they plan to tackle dual-seat cockpits. I guess either have the option to hop between seats or have the AI take a station.

Both thoughts are terrifying to be honest. Relying on AI should be obvious why, and hopping seats means twice the work and twice the number of buttons.

Might be nice in MP with 2 human pilots though.

Herr-Berbunch 08-21-11 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arclight (Post 1732456)
...and hopping seats means twice the work and twice the number of buttons.

I don't even know what I'm supposed to press with just the one cockpit :o

Do you think they'll go in to the air-air side a bit more? Seem to like their mud-moving. :hmmm:

Arclight 08-21-11 02:59 AM

Unless they do something obscure, the next one will be able to carry the AMRAAM (F-16, F-15, F/A-18 and Harrier). So some AA capability is, I think, a given at this point.

I'm glad they've focused on air-to-ground. Far more versatile missions. The F-15C for example can engage aircraft... that's it. With the Ka-50 you can go after any kind of vehicle, short-range air defences and AAA, other helicopters and even CAS fixed-wings who forget a Vikhr greatly outranges their self-defence AA missiles.

(to be honest AA combat bores me to tears)

I'm hoping for a multirole, F-16 or F/A-18. The HARM on the F-16 or Harpoon on the F/A-18 would make an interesting addition to the stuff we can launch right now, along with the AIM-120.

Skybird 09-16-11 04:55 PM

German DVD version has been released today, Friday. Also got confirmation that German Amazon has shipped my copy. Take-off on Saturday, I think.

Let'S see what it brings. The English manual I had already downloaded and read in full in the past weeks, and surely will need to read parts of it again.

As for the next DCS plane, if they go classic, I could imagine the F-4 Phantom, maybe the Skyhawk. The F4 would deserve to be simulated, it has not been done since the days of "Flight of the Intruder", and is there a post-WWII aircraft more classical than the Phantom II...? Also, I would expect that it is pretty much known technical stuff, and declassified information by now.

If they go modern, I think it will be the F-18. Anything stealthy would be too speculative for their standards, I assume.

Skybird 09-18-11 04:34 PM

That is a fun thing to fly! Very dynamic flight model, maybe even a little bit too nervous, but no flying-on-rails, brings back memories of flying the Flanker 2.5 and Fulcrum. Did a first go at it, took of, and landed, but now am left with finetuning the keyboard commands and HOTAS assignments, and the interface for that, in good old tradition of theirs, is no real fun. Also, while having understood all the stuff when reading the manual - plenty of it reminds of the later Falcon things - I still need to find a way to actually memorise it all. I feel that I am not mentally hyperagile 20 year old anymore. :DL

But the feeling of flying is very, very good. It'S a movement in a constantly flowing, dynamic medium - like it should be.

German DVD version is 1.1.0.9, btw. No patching needed.

Herr-Berbunch 09-18-11 04:55 PM

Glad it's reached your expectations, had no doubt it would. :03:

Fine tuning HOTAS/Keyboard has never been fun, but necessary! :cry:

Skybird 09-18-11 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1752091)
Fine tuning HOTAS/Keyboard has never been fun, but necessary! :cry:

Yes, but - also as expected - they make it unnecessarily uncomfortable.

Russians just don't know about ergonomics. :cool: And they stick to it. :D

hawk2495 09-18-11 10:29 PM

In Soviet Russia, the keyboard and HOTAS fine tune YOU!!

CrowSHV 09-19-11 09:10 PM

Hmm interesting. Do you guys still play A-10/Black Shark together? I would be willing to join.. with your permission of course. I'm not 'too great' at the game, but I'm not horrible either. I have both, but for now I'm mostly playing A-10.