SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Multiple UIs for SH5 with TDC (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093)

TheBeast 03-28-10 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emtguf (Post 1338556)
No as long as the major hardware doesnt change.

Ive reinstalled several times and never had to reactivate

OK, wow::sighs::, almost filled my shorts with nasty stuff because I was reinstalling when I read that.

TheDarkWraith 03-28-10 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 1338542)
Tried the "BackSlah" and got the same result.

Here's a list of the keys the game recognizes:

A-Z of the alphabet (Capitalized!)
Tab, Enter, Shift, Ctrl, Alt, Escape, PageUp, PageDown, End, Home, Left, Up, Right, Down, Insert, Delete, numbers 0-9 (which are Keyx - i.e. 4 would be Key4), F1-F11 functions keys.

Since the backslash isn't a defined key it will cause errors (in the script files - the game exe recognizes more keys). Only the keys listed above will work. I'll have to update my text file in the mod with this.

mcaa666 03-28-10 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaa666 (Post 1337263)
Great work on this mod. Did notice a small issue though. Not sure if it is a SH5 bug or a mod bug...
When I tried to manually set the speed to 10 kts via the speed dial it didn't want to do it. I was only able to set it to 8 or 14. I could not set any speed in between.

Bump :)
Is anyone else having this issue? coz it's getting a bit annoying :shifty:

TheDarkWraith 03-28-10 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaa666 (Post 1338570)
Bump :)
Is anyone else having this issue? coz it's getting a bit annoying :shifty:

what version of the mod? What UI Style?

mcaa666 03-28-10 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1338571)
what version of the mod? What UI Style?

I'm using version 1.1.0 and enhanced SH5 UI. No other mods besides that right now.

TheDarkWraith 03-28-10 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaa666 (Post 1338628)
I'm using version 1.1.0 and enhanced SH5 UI. No other mods besides that right now.

what speed dial are you referring to? The only 'dial' SH5E has is the heading/rudder.

kylania 03-29-10 12:04 AM

I just saw the same thing using SH5E. I pressed control, moved my mouse over the green speed ribbon till the tooltip said 10 then let go. It said "speed set to 10kts" and I ended up going 12kts.

I have 1 box awarded to my Motor Officer for the "extra speed" thing, might that be causing this? Like how the torpedo special passive abilities aren't counted in the TDC, perhaps the motor officers aren't counted into the speed setting? They just add on?

Cap.Palla 03-29-10 05:07 AM

I've just installed newUIs 1.1.0 and maybe i have a noob question: how can i choose the three differents UI (sh3,sh4,sh5) ? I'd like to play with sh4 ui but i can't switch...:oops:

stoppro 03-29-10 05:45 AM

does the new version allow course change at a higher tc. i noticed you are able to dive and change speed at high tc. but have to drop to 16x to turn with the compass. i haven't tried with the rudder keys.but all that aside this mod makes it much more bearable thanks

java`s revenge 03-29-10 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap.Palla (Post 1338844)
I've just installed newUIs 1.1.0 and maybe i have a noob question: how can i choose the three differents UI (sh3,sh4,sh5) ? I'd like to play with sh4 ui but i can't switch...:oops:

Hey mate read a message some posts before,

Open the downloaded as if you see below,

NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_TheDarkWraith\NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_By TheDarkWraith\MODS\NewUIs_TDC_1_1_0_ByTheDarkWrait h\data\Scripts\Menu

search this file below te menu folder

TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py
Open with Notepad and change the # the current UI Style

from this
# the current UI Style
UIStyle = SH5Enhanced

into this
# the current UI Style
UIStyle = SH3Style

after the change don`t forget to save.

Hey presto you`ll now have SH3.

cothyso 03-29-10 08:37 AM

TDW, more observations:

- the red selection for an officer is way too strong. make a white border (in tone with the oder icons), or not at all (as it was)
- sometimes when I was on the advanced depth gauge, the tooltip still showed me the normal gauge depth numbers for that position of the mouse (like in, I was at 30 something meters deep, with the depth gauge showing 10/20/30/40/50 but the tooltip over the 30 showed 12.5 or something). dunno if it's a bug from original SH5 interface, or from your mod
- while paused or in the save/load screens, the interface would still work (tooltips while while mouseover buttons, etc).
- i did a fix with the deck and flack gun order groups being accessible on the watch officer while submerged (see a few posts above)

keep up with the good work, SH5 simply can't be played without this mod

gutted 03-29-10 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylania (Post 1338671)
I just saw the same thing using SH5E. I pressed control, moved my mouse over the green speed ribbon till the tooltip said 10 then let go. It said "speed set to 10kts" and I ended up going 12kts.

I have 1 box awarded to my Motor Officer for the "extra speed" thing, might that be causing this? Like how the torpedo special passive abilities aren't counted in the TDC, perhaps the motor officers aren't counted into the speed setting? They just add on?

bingo.

The motor officers passive abilities screw up setting an exact speed, much like the torpedo officer's passive abilities screwing up the TDC.

If you have the motor officer max'd out you have to actually click a few knots less than you want to get th correct speed, as his ability adds a certain percentage to the speed you selected. If you choose 8 knots it adds +25% so you get 10 knots. If you choose 12 knots.. it adds +25% so you get 15knots. etc. etc.

badaboom 03-29-10 09:04 AM

Thank You Dark,SHV was unplayable until this mod,Great Work!!!:up:

mcaa666 03-29-10 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1338646)
what speed dial are you referring to? The only 'dial' SH5E has is the heading/rudder.

I mean the speed 'dial' in the lower left hand corner which is active in advanced mode and which allows you to set the speed manually.
Gutted and Kylania might be right about this abilities thingie. But I simply can't set any speed between 8 and 14 kts; meaning that when I click 8 it sets the speed to 8 and when I set it to 14 it sets it to 14, just like it should. In between those two numbers I can click what I want but it will not do those speeds. I will do some testing tonight with default abilities to see if it persists.

pascal4541 03-29-10 12:40 PM

You are great!!!! very thanks for the job