SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   SH3 Commander-The Complete Super Deluxe Thallium Commander's Special Ultimate Edition (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147237)

Platapus 05-03-09 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL (Post 1095180)
@ Platapus Simple fix. Pull out radioman for 24-48 hrs.

I don't go above 128 tc but, yes a batch of traffic can at times get annoying.

hmm If I remove the radio operator from his station that will stop all the annoying radio messages?

But then I would lose the radio contacts/interceptions that indicate possible ships.

I don't think I would want to lose the latter in favour of losing the former.

FIREWALL 05-03-09 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 1095190)
hmm If I remove the radio operator from his station that will stop all the annoying radio messages?

But then I would lose the radio contacts/interceptions that indicate possible ships.

I don't think I would want to lose the latter in favour of losing the former.

I'm not sure if the batch of messages I get are the same or has skipped to the next ones.

I still get the convoy or task force messages tho with the radioman off duty.

Jimbuna 05-03-09 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 1095189)
Is there a way to delete the radio messages or their frequency by altering a game file?

Simply go to:

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\GWX3.0\data\Campaigns\Campaign

You will see a text document entitled 'messages_en' this contains all the radio messages in English.

I suggest you move it to somewhere safe in case you ever need it again in the future. http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif

ivank 05-09-09 04:52 PM

I install SH3 1.4b, then SH3C, then GWX3?!

Alex 05-09-09 05:13 PM

SH3 Commander at the end, mate. ;)

Jimbuna 05-09-09 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 1098530)
SH3 Commander at the end, mate. ;)

Like the man said http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif

ivank 05-09-09 07:54 PM

So I install GWX3GOLD, then SH3C, then any other mods?

JScones 05-09-09 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivank (Post 1098517)
I install SH3 1.4b, then SH3C, then GWX3?!

You can install SH3Cmdr at ANY time. It is not connected in any way to SH3, GWX etc UNTIL you run it.

All you need remember is:
a) install the GWX config files before running SH3Cmdr
b) run SH3 first to set up the save game folder that SH3Cmdr requires access to

Bronzewing 05-10-09 01:02 PM

I just checked my log for my last patrol, and I see I sank a C2 "SS Sea Nympg". Either a typo in SH3 Commander, or that ship was painted by a Dyslexic shipyard worker! ;)

Hitman 05-10-09 02:54 PM

Quote:

I just checked my log for my last patrol, and I see I sank a C2 "SS Sea Nympg". Either a typo in SH3 Commander, or that ship was painted by a Dyslexic shipyard worker! ;)
Are you joking? Didn't you now that SH3 Commander also simulates real typo errors in the reports? :hmmm:

Sailor Steve 05-10-09 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bronzewing (Post 1098919)

A definite typo on my part. Thanks for pointing it out, and I'll fix it for the next update.:sunny:

TarJak 05-10-09 08:22 PM

Yeah forgetting the I in Nympig is a common error.:D

Graf Paper 05-10-09 11:36 PM

:har:

Still love the work both of you have done, Jaesen and Sailor Steve.

I'd sooner go without GWX, rather than be parted from my beloved and indispensable SH3 Commander! :know:

And your contribution by adding that extra spice of realism with the "ships registry" for SH3C is like the cherry on top of an ice cream sundae, SS! :yeah:

If I thought begging and groveling like the most piteous wretch to ever grace this earth would soften your heart enough to create SH4 Commander, I would do so with bells on, Jaesen. :yep: You are truly the greatest of unsung heroes here in the Mods Workshop.

Bless all your endeavors! :salute:

JScones 05-11-09 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TarJak (Post 1099127)
Yeah forgetting the I in Nympig is a common error.:D

Phew. I thought for a second that SS managed to replace a "ho" with a "g". :-j

JScones 05-11-09 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graf Paper (Post 1099186)
:har:

Still love the work both of you have done, Jaesen and Sailor Steve.

I'd sooner go without GWX, rather than be parted from my beloved and indispensable SH3 Commander! :know:

And your contribution by adding that extra spice of realism with the "ships registry" for SH3C is like the cherry on top of an ice cream sundae, SS! :yeah:

If I thought begging and groveling like the most piteous wretch to ever grace this earth would soften your heart enough to create SH4 Commander, I would do so with bells on, Jaesen. :yep: You are truly the greatest of unsung heroes here in the Mods Workshop.

Bless all your endeavors! :salute:

What is this "SH4" of which you speak? :hmmm:

Unfortunately, SH4 lasted about 1 day on my hard drive. I might see what SH5 brings, although I think--if user comments are anything to go by--that the devs should now have the hint to include everything within the game, in which case no SH5Cmdr will be required. <fingers crossed>

Anyway, didn't a few others take over the controls for an SH4Cmdr (or equivalent)?