SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   The Wolves of Steel: Bugs, glitches and issues thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238315)

THEBERBSTER 03-30-19 03:58 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > abzac
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Antiscamp 04-06-19 07:44 AM

I am trying to install the modpack, but I get this error when trying to run the game. I've obviously done something wrong. I have the UPlay version of the game (bought from GamersGate many years ago, but now it's on UPlay), and Win10.

Error message is in Swedish, but I hope someone can make out what it means.

https://i.imgur.com/6w0LN6D.jpg

Aktungbby 04-06-19 09:57 AM

welcome aboard!

Antiscamp!:Kaleun_Salute:

Sjizzle 04-06-19 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiscamp (Post 2601623)
I am trying to install the modpack, but I get this error when trying to run the game. I've obviously done something wrong. I have the UPlay version of the game (bought from GamersGate many years ago, but now it's on UPlay), and Win10.

Error message is in Swedish, but I hope someone can make out what it means.

https://i.imgur.com/6w0LN6D.jpg

when u install the modpack did u selected the correct Sh5.exe location ????

THEBERBSTER 04-06-19 01:30 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Antiscamp
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Antiscamp 04-06-19 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2601705)
when u install the modpack did u selected the correct Sh5.exe location ????

Well, yeah! I even just now reinstalled it to make sure I had the right path. Same thing.

Antiscamp 04-06-19 04:05 PM

I tried reinstalling the game from scratch. Now I can't even get in-game in vanilla before it crashes. I knew this game was a buggy mess, but I never expected this absolutely hellish experience lol

EDIT: OK, All uninstalled now and gone with the wind. Never touching Ubisoft/UPlay or their games again. Ima wait for UBoat instead for my WWII itch. I'm never touching this disaster area of a game again. Geez!

Thanks to you who tried to help me at least. Cheers.

Edit2: So I didn't give up after all. Because what would Churchill have said about that! I tried reinstalling it a third time. And now, all of a sudden it works like a charm. With Wolves of Steel and all. Never give up lol

PCloadletter 04-08-19 01:28 AM

Hello All,

I'm having an issue where my attack periscope and UZO will not zoom. Attack periscope is stuck in 1.5x zoom and UZO at 7x. Using the mouse wheel does nothing when using either of those two. The mouse wheel zoom works for the observation periscope and binos on the bridge, so I'm unsure why it won't zoom in with the attack scope and UZO. I've searched around and could not seem to find anyone with this issue.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

vdr1981 04-08-19 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antiscamp (Post 2601741)
I tried reinstalling the game from scratch. Now I can't even get in-game in vanilla before it crashes. I knew this game was a buggy mess, but I never expected this absolutely hellish experience lol

EDIT: OK, All uninstalled now and gone with the wind. Never touching Ubisoft/UPlay or their games again. Ima wait for UBoat instead for my WWII itch. I'm never touching this disaster area of a game again. Geez!

Thanks to you who tried to help me at least. Cheers.

Edit2: So I didn't give up after all. Because what would Churchill have said about that! I tried reinstalling it a third time. And now, all of a sudden it works like a charm. With Wolves of Steel and all. Never give up lol

And I guess you did everything exactly the same this time...Must be Gremlins, human factor is never the issue when it comes to modding. I learned so much by now...:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCloadletter (Post 2602063)
Hello All,

I'm having an issue where my attack periscope and UZO will not zoom. Attack periscope is stuck in 1.5x zoom and UZO at 7x. Using the mouse wheel does nothing when using either of those two. The mouse wheel zoom works for the observation periscope and binos on the bridge, so I'm unsure why it won't zoom in with the attack scope and UZO. I've searched around and could not seem to find anyone with this issue.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

The UZO is not zoom-able, but scopes should be...

PCloadletter 04-08-19 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2602074)
The UZO is not zoom-able, but scopes should be...

Ok, that explains the UZO, user error :haha: But I still have the issue with the attack periscope. I'm still not 100$ familiar with everything TWoS mod changes with regards to UI, but I compared my game with some Youtube videos to try and catch any issues. I noticed my periscope still has those green crosshairs in addition to the black ones. They overlap so I'm assuming they're not supposed to be there which leads me to believe there's an issue there that's causing my problem? I'll post screens of periscope and UI along with my mod list.

Additionally, should I have more depth/control options in the bottom left corner? Currently there's only "decks awash", "snorkle depth", and "dive" as quick options.

Attack Periscope and UI
https://i.imgur.com/5EFq9cf.png

Mod list:
https://i.imgur.com/tMGcrCX.png
https://i.imgur.com/ubmiGVs.png

Thank you for your help, cheers :Kaleun_Cheers:

Aktungbby 04-08-19 12:16 PM

Welcome aboard!

PCloadletter!:Kaleun_Salute: after bit of a silent run!

vdr1981 04-08-19 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCloadletter (Post 2602133)

Mod list:

https://i.imgur.com/ubmiGVs.png

Thank you for your help, cheers :Kaleun_Cheers:

You've got to be kidding me? :o Good by to you Sir and happy "bug" hunting. This is a thread for TWoS and not for messed up modlists...

PCloadletter 04-08-19 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2602163)
You've got to be kidding me? :o Good by to you Sir and happy "bug" hunting. This is a thread for TWoS and not for messed up modlists...

Ouch.. Wow ok, well I'm fairly new to modding this game with TWoS mod, so sorry I'm not up to speed with how everything works...

That being said, all I did was load "sobers 1421 23012017" mod profile into JSGME and disabled real nav/map to highlight another issue I was having... So as far as I knew, there was no issue with the mod list.

I'm approaching this with honest ignorance and after trying to research the issue myself decided to reach out to the community, my mistake.........

fitzcarraldo 04-08-19 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCloadletter (Post 2602166)
Ouch.. Wow ok, well I'm fairly new to modding this game with TWoS mod, so sorry I'm not up to speed with how everything works...

That being said, all I did was load "sobers 1421 23012017" mod profile into JSGME and disabled real nav/map to highlight another issue I was having... So as far as I knew, there was no issue with the mod list.

I'm approaching this with honest ignorance and after trying to research the issue myself decided to reach out to the community, my mistake.........

Download TWoS 2.2.11 FULL VERSION, install on SH5 1.2 via the autoinstaller, use OFEV (Option File Editor Viewer) to adjust your tastes in gameplay, add the included addon mods for TWoS and that is all. If you want to play with TWoS, donīt make your own modlist. TWoS is an independent compilation of mods and tweaks; you canīt mix apples with eggs with SH5 :Kaleun_Wink:

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 04-08-19 02:34 PM

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > PCloadletter

That's a nuclear mod list you have got there.

vdr1981 04-09-19 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2602182)
That's a nuclear mod list you have got there.

More like "dirty bomb":). I still can not grasp why would people do this to them self...It's annoying, to say the least.

I don't think I will be offering any more assistance to people for whom is quite obvious they didn't go trough the included documentation at least once...:yep:

Sjizzle 04-10-19 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2602286)
More like "dirty bomb":). I still can not grasp why would people do this to them self...It's annoying, to say the least.

I don't think I will be offering any more assistance to people for whom is quite obvious they didn't go trough the included documentation at least once...:yep:

90% of players never read the documentation they think that they know all and are the best... no need to read documentation :D
here i don't wanna be rude to someone but this is the true

Propnut17 04-11-19 02:39 AM

Lucky to say that some of us "oldies" from the DOS era grew up on first reading all the documentation available, or else you would not know what was going on.

VDR your documentation as supplied with TWoS is superb and I can appreciate the time you have dedicated in getting the documentation in sync with the released updates.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Thecoroner 04-12-19 11:15 AM

Fresh install hydrophone aint usable

Hello, I just did a fresh install of the game + Twos mod 2.2 and I cannot use the hydrophone. At hydrophone station isn't not possible to turn the wheel to listen.

I didn't find any thread on this. Maybe too old.

Can anyone help?

Everything else looks to work great.

XenonSurf 04-12-19 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thecoroner (Post 2602917)
Hello, I just did a fresh install of the game + Twos mod 2.2 and I cannot use the hydrophone. At hydrophone station isn't not possible to turn the wheel to listen.

I didn't find any thread on this. Maybe too old.

Can anyone help?

Everything else looks to work great.

Using your mouse wheel when on hydro station will not work?