SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] RCB's SH4 effects GWX 3.0(and 2.1) V7.1 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136018)

TheDarkWraith 07-01-08 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asanovic7
YOU HAVE A PM!!!
:rotfl:
Always wondered why people write this kind of reply, now I know why..

cheers!

the major thing that v2.04 was about was my 'live_AI_ships'. Did you port that as well to GWX 2.x?

asanovic7 07-01-08 10:12 AM

yep

I answered in the pm.

Finally, I am through with college today and able to drink a cold beer!!!

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Cheers!
:rotfl:

Gorshkov 07-01-08 04:16 PM

I noticed there is lack of sinking sailors in your mod at least on my computer. On the other hand your mod causes practically no FPS hit in contrary to Racerboy's last production. :lol:

Hakahura 07-01-08 04:39 PM

Welcome back Racerboy :up:

Kaleu_Mihoo 07-02-08 07:43 AM

Yeah, welcome back, RB!

Schwuppes 07-02-08 09:18 AM

Good to see you back Racerboy! :up:

asanovic7 07-11-08 11:23 AM

ok

Ok, racerboy told me I can still use this version of the mod and work on it, if I understood it correctly. And maybe I will.
I feel this version is ok(204f1) and will not get you serious problems with fps(lite version people, lite) or anything, since there are no bug reports, other than bodies float like s..t which is as it is, or maybe that is because people don't use this mod, whatever.
Although I am amazed with that fact, since racerboy added the little supermen which relieved me of thinking that I am sinking cans. Together with life boat.. :D But it's a matter of taste and I.. got stuck into nonsense.

Since racerboy said he will release a new version of the mod, I have put this matter on hold. But.. Maybe if that takes time I will do the updates as I said I will do.
Anyways, I am pretty much intrigued by the "revamping the particle dat" stated by racerboy, so maybe I will wait for that.

That's what I wanted to say :doh:

It sounds like a pile of crap..

Anyways, have fun and ofcourse cheers!

roadhogg 07-26-08 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myxale
Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
a lot of people here didn't have the courage to stand up and assume this awesome work

I think it's more like
"a lot of people here don't have the knowledge to do this awesome work
and begging gets them no where."
:roll:

Amen to that Brother!

I sometimes want to sink myself...when I'm reminded of my noob-ness mod wise!
If i had the know-how and the stones :dead: I'd mod my own game!:arrgh!:

Hi asanovic,
i just noticed this post after recently installing GWX 2.1, and although i haven't downloaded the effects yet, i would like to add my thanks for your efforts in taking on this mod, to the quotes stated above.

Well done sir, and i hope you are continuing to add your knowledge to the community. :up:

roadhogg 07-26-08 01:42 PM

......Correction, i've just downloaded it, and the flags, for inclusion on my next patrol.

:)

TheJaguar 08-13-08 02:39 AM

Is this mod for SH3 or SH4?

I loved GWX for SH3.

I now have SH4 and want to find out if there is a GWX for it.

Thanks

Jimbuna 08-13-08 05:15 AM

If you find one let me know :hmm:

Sailor Steve 08-13-08 09:22 PM

The GWX team has just barely started working on the SH4 version. Maybe in a year or so it will be ready.

This mod imports some SH4 effects into SH3.

Gezur(Arbeit) 08-21-08 03:28 PM

Shall these pieces flaying away really be that yellow?!

http://www.abload.de/img/screenshot_205pe5.jpg

Jimbuna 08-22-08 05:32 AM

They look like something ablaze to me....quite normal.

Fubar2Niner 08-22-08 01:06 PM

Either that or someone is throwing daffodils :rotfl:

Best rgeards.

Fubar2Niner

Fubar2Niner 08-22-08 01:18 PM

Second thought, maybe they are lifevests :know:

Best regards

Fubar2Niner

asanovic7 08-25-08 05:19 AM

nice summer

Hello!
Thought I say something..
Dropped only one message in the subsim this summer on general forums, regarding world and stuff like that. I got a reply that I have to get drunk and laid. Well, the man has a point. Very nice to see no one gives a flying f..k about anything happening anywhere if it isn't their country or family. Which is kind of nice, because to tell you the truth, optimistic visions of future like star trek really suck because there is no sex and nobody dies. Although it's nice to watch 90% of Earths history, science whatever is somehow related to Texas, watching movie trekkers really is much more fun than the actual show. Spiner femme takes the cake, woman holding a child pointing to a spot, virtual spot behind a hill she can't see but it is there where brent spiner lives, and she does so with a glare in the eyes every morning. :rotfl:
Do they have to be yellow, well, no, they don't have to. Grab the s3d, open particle.dat and paint it blue. Only hard thing is to find the right event, but it's not that hard. 2 or 3 hours.
Did racerboy release new effects, what's going on? I would appreaciate the update. If not, thanks anyway for reading.

I am proud this mod was downloaded by 937 men according to filefront(IMO very nice number concerning it is for another big mod, it is a mod of another mod and "fps eater" with people not floating the way they should float, :88) and regarding the fact many people fire torpedoes and don't see jack s..t of effects because they play this game the way it shoud be played, all the same very nice work by racerboy and others mentioned in the readme) godarn them to hell and their policy of downloads.
Just a reminder bts forums is a nice place where you can take the mod better if something didn't change there.
Regarding anything about the continuation of this mod. I don't know the status of racerboy's mod, don't know anything as a matter of fact. If you have idea, know how to mod, make a new effect(did SNORKEL GET A SOUND? anyone?), get drunk and laid, I would appreciate you say something here or wherever or go help whoever needs help. Whatever.. :rotfl:

And I cannot believe Francesco Totti missed a penalty for the win..
Nevertheless, he is the capitano, and I forgive him, although, godamn..

asanovic7 12-29-08 08:54 AM

I am not in the condition to..

download gwx 3.0 currently, darnit, so I really don't know whether this mod is compatible to gwx 3.0 anymore. But I saw most changes are of graphical nature specific to ships and campaigns. So, I think it is still.. I made this mod compatible to olce 2(some small changes in materials and particles) allready. But, if there are any new sounds or effects then there is a problem..

I would appreaciate members of gwx team would send out an signal is it compatible still or not..

Thanks in advance.. :up:

p.s. still enjoying gwx 2.1.. :rotfl: must enjoy.. :rotfl:

EDIT: I asked members of the gwx team, but I forgot to add "if they use or know what".. :rotfl:
I would like to know if they made crucial changes to materials.dat, particles.dat, particles.dsd.. If I remmeber names correctly.. Then..
I forgot about the funnels I added to the last version. It is from val files, which I think are changed in 3.0 for some if not all ships..
I will have to say until I download gwx 3.0 I don't know s..t... :rotfl: Then I could make a new version..
If anyone wants it and uses this mod, can someone check compatibility? And let me know..
And about little camera mod? Is cameras.dat the same in gwx 3.0?

So many questions, so few options to download gwx 3.0.. :rotfl:

Cheers and happy hollidays!

Madox58 12-29-08 09:39 AM

I believe there were some changes to the Camera.dat
I didn't work that area so I don't know what was done.

The val file changes to the Subs is non-critical as far as this mod is concerned.
I reduced particals for the siaj of Subs to reduce FPS impact.
Your adding generators that increase the impact so it's a non-issue.

No changes to the sounds were done.
No changes to the particals nor materials dats.

To make a new version based on changes to the Sub val files
would be a total waste of time for no viable reason.

I reduce something by 20% and you add 300% more impact?
Don't waste the time.
:lol:

Go party it up for New Years instead.

asanovic7 01-03-09 08:35 AM

well

I obeyed it without reading.. :rotfl:

Happy new year everybody!