SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [WIP] Cold War Mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=130521)

andycaccia 04-03-08 05:54 AM

@ gimpy117

This is due to the fact the .zon file of the 688I has a crush depth of 400-450'.
You can change this simply by opening the .zon file ( /data/submarine/NSS_688i/NSS_688i.zon) with s3d and go under CollisionableObject, then Properties. Hare you'll find the CrashDepth. The value you see there is not expressed in feet or meters, but it is near the crash depth in meters X1.4

i.e a crush depth of 100 meters (325') will have a value of 140. So make your calculations and modifications accoridingly.

spiksy 04-03-08 06:50 AM

Questions about mod

Please Someone Give Me Link Of That Mod

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I Need A Liiiiink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andycaccia 04-03-08 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiksy
Please Someone Give Me Link Of That Mod

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I Need A Liiiiink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link?? What are you looking for?
If is S3d the link is this:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571
(I posted this link 2 posts above, PLEASE READ:damn: )

If the mod you are looking for is the nuclear sub then the links are theese
(again, they can be found i my posts above)

that's the 688I Los Angeles.. (in russian, JSGME compatible)

http://slil.ru/25513964

and this is the 627 november class soviet SSN

http://slil.ru/25415672

Hope this will help, otherwise try to be more precise.

qqbadwolf 04-03-08 10:47 AM

Launch

Why 627A cannot launch torpedoes?

tomagabriel 04-03-08 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqbadwolf

... weird. In my case it launches torpedoes. Does it say something? Crashing?

andycaccia 04-03-08 01:56 PM

Quote:

Dunno:hmm: , It worked for me... does the sub have any torpedo loaded?
Are you using other mods?

qqbadwolf 04-04-08 12:44 AM

i am not use other mod

tomagabriel 04-04-08 10:46 AM

Quote:

i am not use other mod

tell us more:
-at what depth you try to launch
-are the torpedoes loaded?
-does it say something? ("cannot compute solution" for example)
-the game crashes?
-a screen of the firing station when you prepare to fire would be probably helpful.

Sledgehammer427 04-04-08 08:25 PM

anyone know where and how to request joining the dev team?

i can modify some campaign folders, write mission orders, set up flotillas, and i can add something to a storyline, if there is one.

anyone know if i can or not?

PM me plz

badaboom 04-04-08 09:04 PM

I believe the team of modders for this are Russian.here is a translated link to the Sukhoi forums where they've been discussing thier work.Good Luck:up:

http://translate.google.com/translat...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

qqbadwolf 04-05-08 01:11 AM

How to use 627 in the career mode ?

How to use 627A in the career mode?

Fincuan 04-05-08 03:17 AM

Quote:

How to use 627A in the career mode?

Look up my post from a few pages back, where you have instructions on how to enable the 688i in career mode. Follow those instructions, but replace 688i with 627a. Also, where you have to put "Fx688i, 10" in flotillas.upc you now put "Fx627a, 8", x being the number of your flotilla.

Sledgehammer427 04-05-08 03:51 AM

jeez, i spent two hours modifying the flotilla and careerstart.upc files to get the november in career, i feel accomplished :know:
by the time i was done, it was 1. am and even coffee couldnt save me :D

i am almost tempted to try and see if we can match the russians...
(the irony is reaching the redline and rising!)
anyone have an account on sukhoi to see if we can make this a joint effort?
apparently they have some 3d modelers worth their salt and im sure the subsim modding community can fill in whats left?

yes?
no?
am i insane?
(the third most likely, its a personal itch i need to scratch to combine the graphic realism of sh4 ((i feel i just made myself rather redundant)) with the ultra sleek, modern boats of the cold war)

Snakeeyes 04-06-08 09:52 AM

Somebody Make A Damn Movie!!

tomagabriel 04-07-08 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snakeeyes
Somebody Make A Damn Movie!!

Bruce Willis for the captain!! (as a result he will swim all movie:rotfl:).

K19hiroshima 04-08-08 02:32 PM

Hotel class submarine

Hi, ive just joined this forum because i saw your post about the possible hotel class submarine.
I am totally obsessed by the hotel class (including K19 of course) and i would be all to happy to model it for you guys.
I have had plenty of expereince with modelling with programs such as "Gmax" and "valve hammar" (but produced the finer detailed with the former), i have a full version of "3DS max", and i would be overjoyed if you let me produce the hotel class.
If you let me, i promise that i will put time and effort into producing a thouroughly convincing submarine that will be true to size and detail(i am currently in the throes of gathering pictures of the internal compartments), and i will not quit in the middle of the job. in one month i will have about 8 weeks of solid free time; in which i hope to get the bulk of the job done (but obviosly i will work on it from the thumbs up). the stuff you guys are turning out at the moment are amazing! nice work! ill wait for any reply.
my email is "docsoat@yahoo.com" in case you have any pictures of anything that might help me, and if you want to talk about anything in general, as im totally sub crazy; so once u get me going i wont shup up (unless u depth charge me lol).

BadPirate 04-08-08 02:54 PM

Hotel class....:hmm:
Sounds good. Which one of the existing units in SH4 will you sacrifice? Balao, Gato, S's?

Snakeeyes 04-08-08 08:06 PM

Seriously... if you have been able download the mod PLEASE get fraps and make a movie!

K19hiroshima 04-09-08 07:27 AM

Hotel class submarine

balao i suppose, as its pretty big, and its the more advanced version on the gato.
what is the best software to use?
how do i get my model into the mod?
is there someone else making a hotel as well?
and, has anyone got any good pictures of a real hotel hull (not from the film k19 widowmaker, as they used a juliet class submarine which looks a lot different), i have the actual blueprints of the real k19, but its only a side on cutaway view.
also when you guys made the 688 sub, does it still operate as a desil sub, or have you found a way to bypass this?
also if i find that the hotel is being too much trouble, i can always make a foxtrot first, and then once im more familiar with the early russian style of sub internal etc. i will be better prepared to take on the hotel.
is anyone making a foxtrot yet? as i would be happy in making that, as it is a desil sub, it will be oh so easy to model in performance, so i can get the physical parts good, so when i move on to the hotel i will be able to effectively make the model in no time, and then be able to spend even more time figuring how to do the missiles and nuclear powerplant for the hotel.
anyone else tried a nuclear sub?
or had any success with missiles?
and has anyone started or finished a foxtrot, if not i think i should make that first, so i will be able to make a better hotel with the experience of a russian sub.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glory to the motherland!

K19hiroshima 04-09-08 07:30 AM

foxtrot

if i made a foxtrot i think i would use the type XXI model for performance, and create my own skin for it