SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Elder Scrolls V in the works - direct sequel to Oblivion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177327)

jwilliams 11-10-11 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arclight (Post 1784779)
There's a day-1 patch that may fix plenty of issues, I'm betting it will actually. If not, I might actually give the 360 pad a whirll untill they do.

Steam unlocking game now. day one patch is 18mb. And steam download is slow. :nope:

Usually I have to wait an extra day to get games unlocked, but this time New Zealand will be the first to play skyrim. :O:

:ping:

Drewcifer 11-10-11 10:03 AM

I prefer mouse and keyboard over the game pad.. but anyways over at Gamespot they are playing a marathon all day... on both consoles and PC, and so far the PC version has crashed 3 times.

Arclight 11-10-11 10:09 AM

I prefer it as well, just saying I'm willing to give the pad a shot for now if the menu doesn't cooperate.

Still hopefull it will be stable. No offense, but I'm not convinced some box in a gameshop is properly set up and maintained. :hmmm:

Drewcifer 11-10-11 10:14 AM

LoL... not a game shop Arc... Gamespot the review site.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/index.htm...ead%3Bpc%3Btop

Dowly 11-10-11 10:31 AM

Skyrim = bought.

Unlocks in 9 hours according to the counter on Steam. :yeah:

Arclight 11-10-11 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewcifer (Post 1784809)
LoL... not a game shop Arc... Gamespot the review site.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/index.htm...ead%3Bpc%3Btop

Aah, I see. That's even worse. :haha:

soopaman2 11-10-11 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arclight (Post 1784779)
There's a day-1 patch that may fix plenty of issues, I'm betting it will actually. If not, I might actually give the 360 pad a whirll untill they do.

That is the trend, to cater to consoles.

Been in a gamestop recently and seen the PC section?

Ever wonder why digital download services took off?

I have faith in the TES modders to fix what Bethesda messes up.:DL As they always do.

It's preloaded...I wanna play... NOW!

Arclight 11-10-11 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopaman2 (Post 1784827)
That is the trend, to cater to consoles.

It is? I thought it was a result of games becoming bigger and more complex every year. :hmmm:
Quote:

Been in a gamestop recently and seen the PC section?
Nope. I bet it's pretty much non-existent though.
Quote:

Ever wonder why digital download services took off?
Convenience? Don't have to wonder about that for a second. Think you got it backwards though; pretty sure it was digital distribution that diminished regular retail.
Quote:

I have faith in the TES modders to fix what Bethesda messes up.:DL As they always do.
That I'll agree to.

Spike88 11-10-11 11:20 AM

In 12 hours I'll be standing in line to get my copy :woot:
An hour and a half after that I'll be at home playing! The anticipation is intense.

mookiemookie 11-10-11 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1784822)
Skyrim = bought.

Unlocks in 9 hours according to the counter on Steam. :yeah:

13 hours for me. Bah!

I'll be staying up until midnight for this one.

Raptor1 11-10-11 12:05 PM

Bah, those bastards won't have it until Sunday. Might have to get it from Steam directly...

Dowly 11-10-11 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1 (Post 1784917)
Bah, those bastards won't have it until Sunday. Might have to get it from Steam directly...

You could get it via Direct2Drive, the download for me is coming at full speed most of the time, unlike with Steam when I quickly tried it. :shifty:

Crécy 11-10-11 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1 (Post 1784917)

Bastards on this end packed the damn game for two days before shipping... So, I expect a superbly protected package which can withstand the heinous and grotesque handling the post office will most certainly exercise.

jwilliams 11-10-11 01:12 PM

Just spent 2hrs playing. :O: Only stopped due to having to go to work. TFI Friday. Then I've got the whole weekend to continue where I left off.

So far I'm loving it. Amazing graphics, water, mountain fog, livestock. It really looks and feels like a living world.:yeah:

My biggest complaint ATM is the menu system, its made to be used with a gamepad. Took me awhile to figure out how to exit the equip screen (Tab key). Steamlined for consoles. :nope:

Other minor annoyances are, that you cant see your character on the equip screen. So you can't see how the clothing looks on yourself (unless you exit the menu system and zoom out in 3rd person view).
No ability to create a class type, choose birthsigns etc. If fact there is no character building at start what so ever. Except for cosmetic appearance and the race bonuses, Everyone starts with the same build. :nope:
Thought the customisation of the your appearance is very good.

Bugs :-
A few path finding problems with NPC, nothing game braking.
Warping NPC's... I'm in your way, walk around me. Don't suddenly warp 2 meters. (kills immersion).

But this is the least buggy TES game I've ever played. Not crashed yet. :up:Cant say the same for obilivion, which crashes all the time.

A little disappointed that the construction kit didn't make it out for the release. Hopefully it wont be too long.

Looking forward to the realism Mods....

kiwi_2005 11-10-11 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwilliams (Post 1785008)
Just spent 2hrs playing. :O: Only stopped due to having to go to work. TFI Friday. Then I've got the whole weekend to continue where I left off.

So far I'm loving it. Amazing graphics, water, mountain fog, livestock. It really looks and feels like a living world.:yeah:

My biggest complaint ATM is the menu system, its made to be used with a gamepad. Took me awhile to figure out how to exit the equip screen (Tab key). Steamlined for consoles. :nope:

Other minor annoyances are, that you cant see your character on the equip screen. So you can't see how the clothing looks on yourself (unless you exit the menu system and zoom out in 3rd person view).
No ability to create a class type, choose birthsigns etc. If fact there is no character building at start what so ever. Except for cosmetic appearance and the race bonuses, Everyone starts with the same build. :nope:
Thought the customisation of the your appearance is very good.

Bugs :-
A few path finding problems with NPC, nothing game braking.
Warping NPC's... I'm in your way, walk around me. Don't suddenly warp 2 meters. (kills immersion).

But this is the least buggy TES game I've ever played. Not crashed yet. :up:Cant say the same for obilivion, which crashes all the time.

A little disappointed that the construction kit didn't make it out for the release. Hopefully it wont be too long.

Looking forward to the realism Mods....

:up:

Your from NZ did you buy a case copy or a steam download? Damn I read copies ain't out till 14th onwards.

No construction kit: same thing with Oblivion they put it out later if I remember right, not that I was a master at it, I use to like fiddling round with it though.

No character building: that's a shame

Quote:

Amazing graphics, water, mountain fog, livestock. It really looks and feels like a living world.
:rock:

Okay I'm going to avoid this thread till later next week when I finally will have the game. :damn:

Crécy 11-10-11 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi_2005 (Post 1785137)
Okay I'm going to avoid this thread till later next week when I finally will have the game. :damn:

Me and you both :D.

Dowly 11-10-11 07:02 PM

And it has been unlocked. :up:

Oberon 11-10-11 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1785360)
And it has been unlocked. :up:

http://getasword.com/blog/wp-content...s-teutonic.jpg

Spike88 11-10-11 07:32 PM

It's time's like these that I wished I lived overseas. I can see 3 people playing online. :wah:

Dowly 11-10-11 09:09 PM

Skyrim is.. uh.. it's..

Well, this is me right now: :D