SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096)

caspofungin 07-22-07 03:29 PM

@jimbuna

from the 2wo in das boot (my favourite line from any movie, actually)

"it's always better when it's hard" :up:

Jimbuna 07-22-07 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caspofungin
@jimbuna

from the 2wo in das boot (my favourite line from any movie, actually)

"it's always better when it's hard" :up:

Precisely Kaleun :up:

Hellraiser 07-22-07 04:08 PM

MY faves

My favorite lines from 'Boot are:

'You got any hairs up your nose?" (etc.)

'I Can't navigate on Bananas!"

'WHO DID THAT!?!?!'

'...It landed on my shoe' and 'Better than in your coffee!'

Thomsen in the bar:

'Allaaaaarm!' and 'I'm not in a condition to fu#*'

Heibges 07-22-07 05:01 PM

When I run the installer, I get an error message it says to insert disk 1, and then it says it can't see the GWX-1.exe in the target folder.

The file is definitely in the target folder.

bigboywooly 07-22-07 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heibges
When I run the installer, I get an error message it says to insert disk 1, and then it says it can't see the GWX-1.exe in the target folder.

The file is definitely in the target folder.

Do you have all 5 bins and the exe in the same folder ?

Heibges 07-22-07 05:20 PM

Yes, I have them all in a folder on my desktop.

bigboywooly 07-22-07 05:46 PM

:hmm:

Are they named correct ?

GWX-2.bin

IIRC some sites changed to GWX_2 etc so it cant be found

Heibges 07-22-07 06:05 PM

That must have been it. I downloaded another GWexe and it worked fine. I patched up to 1.03 and steamed around Kiel.

I totally love it so far.

I just enabled 16KM and Lower DF Antenna.

Looking for crew skins now.:ping:

Thank you for your help.:know:

Heibges 07-24-07 10:03 AM

You guys did a fantastic job!

I started a campaign Sept 1939, and the very first thing I see is a seaplane taking off.

This is the way Ubi should have released SH3 in the first place.

Congratulations!:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

StanT 07-25-07 06:12 AM

There is a lot of posts around considering the future GWX 1.04.People are mentioning huge AI improvements and much more.

Therefore,I would like to ask the Developers,whether GWX 1.04 is going to be the another patch,like the 1.03 version,or a complete huge download of new .bin files,as welll as .exe installer ?

Thanks for your support and keep up doing great work.:):up:

danlisa 07-25-07 06:57 AM

Patch;), but as always, they are cummulative i.e you just need GWX 1.0 plus the latest patch.

We can't expect people to re-download complete .bin files again.

StanT 07-25-07 07:31 AM

Good News,Danlisa.:D:up:

But,as far as I understand,I won't be able to apply GWX 1.04 over my present GWX 1.03 installation.That means a complete reinstall of GWX in general,as well as the end of all 1.03 carrers.:nope:

danlisa 07-25-07 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanT
Good News,Danlisa.:D:up:

But,as far as I understand,I won't be able to apply GWX 1.04 over my present GWX 1.03 installation.That means a complete reinstall of GWX in general,as well as the end of all 1.03 carrers.:nope:

We'll have to wait and see but I currently have the 1.04 APLHA installed over my copy of 1.03 and all is working fine.:up:

As long as your current 1.03 is clean of mods/changes there should be no problem. As for career saves, nothing can be guaranteed when new campaign scripting & addtional shipping is added. May work, may not.

The usual rule is, newcomers to GWX need only GWX 1.0 & the latest patch but people already using 1.03 will only need the update.

Like I said, let's wait and see what happens.

StanT 07-25-07 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa

Yes,that's right.Let's keep our fingers crossed,that everything will be alright.GWX is a very user-friendly software.

However,it will feel a bit strange,to go half-campaign in 1.03 and finish the war with announced monster enemy AI of 1.04.A complete new experience of GWX,I think.:up:

Jimbuna 07-25-07 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanT
Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa

Yes,that's right.Let's keep our fingers crossed,that everything will be alright.GWX is a very user-friendly software.

However,it will feel a bit strange,to go half-campaign in 1.03 and finish the war with announced monster enemy AI of 1.04.A complete new experience of GWX,I think.:up:

Why not prepare an additional installation of GWX and add v1.04 when it's released ? :hmm: