SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [WIP] Mega-Mod for SH5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176123)

BigBANGtheory 07-04-11 03:31 PM

I haven't played SH5 for months because of this, the rate of change and quality of mods in the past 12months has been really something special and I can't wait to play again.

SIMs are funny things, they have to be right (which is a subject of indiviual opinion) and as the player you have to click with it but when you do the gaming rewards are great.

Rhubbs 07-04-11 05:44 PM

How do you change the default grey of the marks and lines you can draw on the map, I would like to change it from the grey default to black

thanks in advance

Targor Avelany 07-04-11 06:10 PM

Look for .exe patches from TDW

Silent Steel 07-05-11 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhubbs (Post 1697758)
How do you change the default grey of the marks and lines you can draw on the map, I would like to change it from the grey default to black

thanks in advance

There is one exquisite program by TDW called TDW_SH5_Patcher that allows you to change all the colors of the markings on the map.

But right now I can't find where to dowload it. :nope:

Maybe someone can help?

/

TheDarkWraith 07-05-11 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Steel (Post 1698165)
There is one exquisite program by TDW called TDW_SH5_Patcher that allows you to change all the colors of the markings on the map.

But right now I can't find where to dowload it. :nope:

Maybe someone can help?

/

Bottom of post #1 of .exe patches thread I made :up:

Silent Steel 07-05-11 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1698249)
Bottom of post #1 of .exe patches thread I made :up:

Thanks TDW! :yeah:

Psychocandy 07-07-11 06:11 PM

Hi there,

Does this mod include one of the 'lite campaign' modifications? And if so, how would I know if they're working?

Despite having installed this mod, in the campaign's first mission, I'm still being given objectives like 'sink 50,000 tons off Britain's East coast' and 'sink 100,000 tons of Britain's South coast'. These are ridiculous figures! Are these actually the modified values?

Thanks

TheDarkWraith 07-07-11 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychocandy (Post 1699676)
Hi there,

Does this mod include one of the 'lite campaign' modifications? And if so, how would I know if they're working?

No it does not.

Shadriss 07-08-11 10:25 PM

Unless I missed it somewhere, I've not seen an actual list of included mods. With no list, I'm having problems determining which other mods I can even use. IE, I would ASSUME that you have your FX_Update mod in here... but I dont know that for certain. And if it gets updated after the most recent update to MO, could I just d-load the updated standalone and overwrite with JSGME?

On a totally unrelated note, I'm a NUB.... again. *sigh* ANd I thought I was done with those days. I'll be down on the mess decks, cranking... again.

Targor Avelany 07-08-11 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadriss (Post 1700421)
Unless I missed it somewhere, I've not seen an actual list of included mods. With no list, I'm having problems determining which other mods I can even use. IE, I would ASSUME that you have your FX_Update mod in here... but I dont know that for certain. And if it gets updated after the most recent update to MO, could I just d-load the updated standalone and overwrite with JSGME?

On a totally unrelated note, I'm a NUB.... again. *sigh* ANd I thought I was done with those days. I'll be down on the mess decks, cranking... again.

there is a readme for MO in the folder.

Quote:

- TheDarkWraith: RemoveLogoIntro
- SteelViking: SV&Com Underwater Mod
- W_Clear: Environment 5.0
- Sober: sobers base wave mechanics for SH5 V11
- Conus00 and SteelViking: Compatible Conus00's Graphic Mod+SV's work
- SteelViking: SteelViking's Interior Mod v1.2
- SteelViking: Shadow Improvement Mod (High res version)
- ddrgn: U-boat Historical Specifications 1.4
- TheDarkWraith: FX Update_0_0_11_ByTheDarkWraith
- TheDarkWraith & Arclight: FX_Update_0_0_11_BARF_1_3_Full_Fix (Better and Realistic Flotation)
- TheDarkWraith: FX_Update_0_0_11_UHS_Fix
- TheDarkWraith: NewUIs_TDC_6_3_2_ByTheDarkWraith
- Trevally: Trevally Harbour & Kiel Canal Pilot v2.4
- Krauter: Krauters Automated Scripts
- Abd_von_Mumit: Patrol Routine Scripts v 01_02 by AvM
- TheDarkWraith: IRAI_0_0_29_ByTheDarkWraith
- TheDarkWraith: IRAI_0_0_29_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting
- Oby: AirTorpedoes
- Vickers03: SUB_hyd_fix_SH5
- TheDarkWraith: SubFlags_0_0_6_byTheDarkWraith
- TheDarkWraith: Sub_Exhaust_1_0_5_byTheDarkWraith
- Heretic: MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock w beards
- Athlonic: MCCD_1.04
- Athlonic: MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
- Nisgeis: High Contrast Nav Map with Inverse Shallow Colour - Chart color scheme 3
- thfeu58: Terrain_harbour_flags_Mod_v1_2_1
- doomlordis: Dooms Decks for VIIABC41 1_4
- TheBeast: SKIN_SH5_Type-VIIC_North_Atlantic_Grime_Weathered
- Athlonic: Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC_SH5_v120
- avee: No magic skills v1.5 MCCD compatible
- Venatore: Elite German Black & Copper Torpedo
- Pascal: Pascal uniforms
- Cerberus62: Historical Ship Equipment 1_3
- Ailantd: AilBubbles 1.0
- Ailantd: AilClouds 3_0
- Ailantd: AilSmoke 1_7
- KarlKoch: Speech fixes and additions (english version)
- Cerberus62: Additional Merchant Ships 1.1
- Heretic: Less annoying footsteps
- ACSoft: fix for Environment 5.0
- Trevally: Trevally's tutorials

gunnycook 07-10-11 03:11 PM

First off, well done to TDW and all others involved in this mega mod. it has really made the sim more immersive.:up:
there are just a couple of things i would like to ask, ( probably somewhere within this thread but i dont have the time to read the hundred or so pages ;))

can i use any of the fixes for the sonar? i just cant seem to detect anything even at 1 knot. i have even been within 10 kms of a reported target in the fog and still not heard it

is there a fix for time compression collisions ? sometimes i find myself having to travel for days to get to a target only to collide or be attacked and sent to the locker during TC.
thanks

Targor Avelany 07-10-11 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnycook (Post 1701535)
First off, well done to TDW and all others involved in this mega mod. it has really made the sim more immersive.:up:
there are just a couple of things i would like to ask, ( probably somewhere within this thread but i dont have the time to read the hundred or so pages ;))

can i use any of the fixes for the sonar? i just cant seem to detect anything even at 1 knot. i have even been within 10 kms of a reported target in the fog and still not heard it

is there a fix for time compression collisions ? sometimes i find myself having to travel for days to get to a target only to collide or be attacked and sent to the locker during TC.
thanks

have you used the .exe patcher? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...39&postcount=1

Shadriss 07-10-11 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 1700422)
there is a readme for MO in the folder.

THanks for that - but only half my question got answered. THe second half had to do with updating and overwriting in JSGME those mods which have since been updated. As an example, the MO has TDW's FXupdate V11... and IIRC it's up to v16 now. COuld I safely overwrite the MO files that FX16 would affect and still have everything work?

gunnycook 07-12-11 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 1701628)

dont think so, i will try it out

Targor Avelany 07-12-11 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadriss (Post 1701699)
THanks for that - but only half my question got answered. THe second half had to do with updating and overwriting in JSGME those mods which have since been updated. As an example, the MO has TDW's FXupdate V11... and IIRC it's up to v16 now. COuld I safely overwrite the MO files that FX16 would affect and still have everything work?

I would say that generally - if it is TDW's mod: yes. He is very good with back-compatability. The problems sometimes arise if you will have other mods overwriting files, especially if they don't specify the compatability. That is, howEver, trial and error way only. So far I have about 20 mods installed and have very few problems. But I also haven't dogged in the files myself that much yet.