SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Operation Monsun (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134922)

green_abobo 09-05-09 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejccva (Post 1162375)
Trying out this mod, and I'm also curious.

Are there any other missions besides just patrol missions? I've just started a uboat campaign and every time I finish a patrol and contact HQ through the radio..they just give me a new patrol mission instead of returning to base.

Is this going to loop forever or is there a mission where I have to complete something and then return to base to get ready for the next mission?

Confused.

f.y.i.- i'm pretty sure you can end patrol at home port anytime you wish. if you get innundated w/ objectives and feel you have already done your part,just call it quits.

Akula4745 09-05-09 11:43 PM

Can someone help me understand what each dial is for? Or point me towards a tutorial I may have missed? I am trying to learn more about the German torpedo controls.

http://www.jimdeadman.com/images/germantorp.jpg

If I am correct - dial "B" sets salvo spread and dial "C" controls running depth... but I am at a loss for the others... I have some ideas, but thought I would ask. Thanks in advance.

dmlavan 09-06-09 06:15 AM

Akula,
I'm new to OMU (less than 24hrs since I downloaded!). "D" selects an individual torpedo (T) or salvo (S). "A" lets you select which salvo spread, i.e. this jpeg is pointing to a salvo of all 4 forward tubes (I, II, III and IV). If you select Salvo w/ "D", you then use "A" to click on which tubes to use. I believe "E" selects the torpedo range for those torpedoes that have multiple range/speed settings (L would be long range - slowest speed, S would be short range - fastest speed). Not sure about "F"... in SH3 there was a switch to select impact or magentic fuse... this could be it but not sure.

lurker_hlb3 09-06-09 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmlavan (Post 1167131)
Akula,
Not sure about "F"... in SH3 there was a switch to select impact or magnetic fuse... this could be it but not sure.

You are correct A= contact fuse / M = magnetic

Akula4745 09-06-09 05:43 PM

OM torpedo settings - Dials explained

Thanks dmlavan... I really appreciate the help sir. I could not find this info documented anywhere. Hopefully this post will be searchable for future skippers with similar questions... as I could not find anything like this in my forum searches. So for others future reference:

http://www.jimdeadman.com/images/germantorp.jpg

Dial "A": lets you select which tubes will launch a salvo, i.e. the arrow in the above image is pointing to a salvo of all 4 forward tubes (I, II, III and IV).

Dial "B": sets salvo spread angle

Dial "C": controls running depth

Dial "D": selects an individual torpedo (T) or salvo (S)

Dial "E": selects the torpedo range for those torpedoes that have multiple range/speed settings (L would be long range - slowest speed, S would be short range - fastest speed)

Dial "F": select impact or magnetic fuse - A= contact fuse / M = magnetic

Reece 09-07-09 01:21 AM

Getting some weird German speech problems:
1) For some reason ahead slow and ahead one third are reversed!
2) If I press the "P" key the boat goes to Periscope depth but speech says Ahead Standard, and if I press "S" the boat surfaces but speech once again is Ahead Standard!:-?

Mods:
OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V712
OM_V712_Hotfix1
OMEGU_v200
OMEGU_v200_Patch1

PS. tried with the following but computer reset itself a couple of times:
RSRDC_SH15_V401
RSRDC_V410_Patch2
OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V712
OM_V712_Hotfix1
Sh3toSh4.V3_RSRDC_OM

Edit: The problem (2) is with the Commands.cfg file, either OMEGA version v2 or v2 patch 1!

More info found, seems that this is the problem command:
[Cmd164]
Name=Ahead_standard
Ctxt=1
Str=1013
Key0=0x33,C,"3"
Key1=0x50,,"P"
Key2=0x53,,"S"
Key3=0xBA,,";"
I will just delete the last 3 lines, don't know if this is all that needs to be done though!

lurker_hlb3 09-07-09 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 1167632)
Getting some weird German speech problems:
1) For some reason ahead slow and ahead one third are reversed!
2) If I press the "P" key the boat goes to Periscope depth but speech says Ahead Standard, and if I press "S" the boat surfaces but speech once again is Ahead Standard!:-?

Mods:
OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V712
OM_V712_Hotfix1
OMEGU_v200
OMEGU_v200_Patch1

PS. tried with the following but computer reset itself a couple of times:
RSRDC_SH15_V401
RSRDC_V410_Patch2
OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V712
OM_V712_Hotfix1
Sh3toSh4.V3_RSRDC_OM

Edit: The problem (2) is with the Commands.cfg file, either OMEGA version v2 or v2 patch 1!

More info found, seems that this is the problem command:
[Cmd164]
Name=Ahead_standard
Ctxt=1
Str=1013
Key0=0x33,C,"3"
Key1=0x50,,"P"
Key2=0x53,,"S"
Key3=0xBA,,";"
I will just delete the last 3 lines, don't know if this is all that needs to be done though!

That is "NOT" a problem but "as designed", I recommend that you re-read the "readme" that is in the first post of OMEGU thread

Quote:

New / Modified Command Keys

“Periscope Depth” – dive to assign periscope depth, and set speed to “ahead standard”

“Surface” – return to surface, set speed to “ahead standard”, lower all periscopes, and lower snorkel.

Captain von Keldunk 09-07-09 10:00 AM

ahead slow and ahead one third

Easy fix is:D
folder Data/Sound/speech/1 rename ChE_K_Ahead_Slow to ChE_K_Ahead_One_Third.
and ChE_K_Ahead_One_Third to ChE_K_Ahead_Slow.
also for ChE_P and for Che_S.
Why, it is some kind of SH4 thing, I have no idea why:06:
About
S. tried with the following but computer reset itself a couple of times:
RSRDC_SH15_V401
RSRDC_V410_Patch2 :Dshould be RSRDC_V401_Patch2
OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V712
OM_V712_Hotfix1
Sh3toSh4.V3_RSRDC_OM

Reece 09-07-09 10:03 AM

@ Lurker_hlb3, Oh I see, I would prefer not to have the speeds changed by these commands, could you please tell me how to put this part back?:DL If you don't mind of course.:oops: Thanks.

Reece 09-07-09 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain von Keldunk (Post 1167808)
Easy fix is:D
folder Data/Sound/speech/1 rename ChE_K_Ahead_Slow to ChE_K_Ahead_One_Third.
and ChE_K_Ahead_One_Third to ChE_K_Ahead_Slow.
also for ChE_P and for Che_S.
Why, it is some kind of SH4 thing, I have no idea why:06:

I did actually!! Just seemed weird to have to do it!:up:

Von Talon 09-07-09 10:33 AM

:wah::wah::wah:

Crashes after the loading after the intros. I have downloaded the only 705 version, and activated it by JSGME. This might sound like dumb question, but does this reguire the U-Boat Missions Expansion?

lurker_hlb3 09-07-09 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Talon (Post 1167830)
This might sound like dumb question, but does this reguire the U-Boat Missions Expansion?

Yes

hotlead 09-07-09 12:52 PM

I just did 2 missions on my first patrol and i am unable to dock back at my homebase, the end patrol option in the middle is greyed out, postpone and refit work fine, any help?

lurker_hlb3 09-07-09 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotlead (Post 1167885)
I just did 2 missions on my first patrol and i am unable to dock back at my homebase, the end patrol option in the middle is greyed out, postpone and refit work fine, any help?

All I ask of people when the have a “comment / compliant" is to provide the following information:

Date
Flotilla assigned

lurker_hlb3 09-07-09 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 1167811)
@ Lurker_hlb3, Oh I see, I would prefer not to have the speeds changed by these commands, could you please tell me how to put this part back?:DL If you don't mind of course.:oops: Thanks.

Just change to this

[Cmd164]
Name=Ahead_standard
Ctxt=1
Str=1013
Key0=0x33,C,"3"