SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Open Horizons II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=189818)

THE_MASK 09-06-12 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leettari (Post 1931205)
Seems to have some problems, I'll let you seasoned veterans to help me out as this is a hefty package of mods, probably one of my biggest packages ever for any modded game.

I had to rename couple folders for few mods because they weren't named like sober's modfile required. If it's about this, then why sober haven't updated his post regarding such details and yet giving links to updated topics?

One thing I've found out here is that most of the stuff seems outdated.
Like JSGME, they should have online manual on their website - ops, site doesn't exist anymore.

What problems ?

leettari 09-07-12 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1931212)
What problems ?

Considering it stated 'data doesn't exist' for twice thought it'd mean problems, suppose not then?

I'll have to try and configure settings for NewUI then later today and see if it helps, supposedly it should.

Trevally. 09-07-12 07:12 AM

As others have said you should have TDWs UI v 7_1_0 installed before the IO_StrategicMap_4_7_for_TDWv710

Where the report states no data file - you have not installed the mod correctly. Open the mod and make sure the first folder you see (1 level down/subfolder) is a data folder. Then it is ready to be placed into your MODS folder.

Also - if you are going to follow Sobers mod list - you should follow it fully.
Just dont use the patcher on your steam version of your sh5.exe:up:

Kloef 09-07-12 07:27 AM

Hey Trevally,

Thanks for your excellent mod but i looked at the screenshots in your first post and i see lots of ships and such, not in my game although i see the Open Horizon logo in the menu. I installed the full version V2..am i missing something?

Silent Steel 09-07-12 08:17 AM

@ leettari

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1931344)
Open the mod and make sure the first folder you see (1 level down/subfolder) is a data folder. Then it is ready to be placed into your MODS folder.

This goes for ALL mods!
Like this:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=5936

Trevally. 09-07-12 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kloef (Post 1931356)
Hey Trevally,

Thanks for your excellent mod but i looked at the screenshots in your first post and i see lots of ships and such, not in my game although i see the Open Horizon logo in the menu. I installed the full version V2..am i missing something?

Did you start a new career after installing (you can play the tutorial):06:
Can you see buoys in the harbours:06:

Targor Avelany 09-07-12 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leettari (Post 1931205)
Seems to have some problems, I'll let you seasoned veterans to help me out as this is a hefty package of mods, probably one of my biggest packages ever for any modded game.

nope. Let me correct myself - there is a problem. Out of all those mods with TDW's real nav installed and all that... I don't see the NewUI actually enabled... You sure you have enabled it?

Half of the script/map/nav mods that you have cannot be used w/o that UI...

Trevally. 09-07-12 02:04 PM

Off topic

Stare at the red dot on her nose for 30 seconds
Turn your head and stare at a blank wall/roof
Blink very fast:|\\
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5241/negativen.jpg

Sartoris 09-07-12 02:24 PM

Don't we have general discussion for things like this?

Kloef 09-07-12 02:29 PM

Quote:

Did you start a new career after installing (you can play the tutorial):06:
Can you see buoys in the harbours:06:
Yes i started a new career, and i can see the extra missions.

No, i don't see anything extra, no buoys and no extra ships. After patrolling for some time i encountered an unprotected convoy with 6 ships, 2 medium cargo and 2 medium transports, also 2 big transport ships with NO skin or textures, just grey ghosts...

Something is very wrong here :hmmm:

Trevally. 09-07-12 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sartoris (Post 1931509)

Did you try it:06:

Trevally. 09-07-12 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kloef (Post 1931513)
Yes i started a new career, and i can see the extra missions.

No, i don't see anything extra, no buoys and no extra ships. After patrolling for some time i encountered an unprotected convoy with 6 ships, 2 medium cargo and 2 medium transports, also 2 big transport ships with NO skin or textures, just grey ghosts...

Something is very wrong here :hmmm:

Can you post your mod list so I can see what you have installed:06:

gap 09-07-12 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1931501)
Stare at the red dot on her nose for 30 seconds
Turn your head and stare at a blank wall/roof
Blink very fast:|\\

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sartoris (Post 1931509)

:spammm:

Would you please Treally stop spamming your own thread :D

By the way, I thied doing it. After blinking my eyes I saw a naked version of the Mona Lisa... is it what it was supposed to happen? :doh: :haha:

Trevally. 09-07-12 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 1931542)
By the way, I thied doing it. After blinking my eyes I saw a naked version of the Mona Lisa... is it what it was supposed to happen? :doh: :haha:

yes:D :har:

gap 09-07-12 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1931552)
yes:D :har:

:cool:

^
||

in this context the previous emoticon means that I've probably gone totally blind :03:

Kloef 09-07-12 03:49 PM

:up:ON TOPIC::up:

Never mind i downloaded the base mod and it seems to be running fine, this is my current modlist:

Mighty fine crew mod 1.21 alt with beards

Dynamic environment SH5 basemod normal

Equipment upgrade fix V1.4

Open Horizons 2 base V2

It seems to be running fine, all the other mods i tried screwed up my game one way or another or greyed out..

I guess i am totally out of modding and i just don't want to spent my time figuring out this and that, i just want to play and i will leave it at this. I fiddled with the mods and saw the buoys and Flattop in Kiel but again some ships in the harbour didn't have textures or anything so i donwloaded the base version as my interest is more towards the extra mission then graphical goodies, mind you i think this is a truly awesome mod!

leettari 09-07-12 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 1931459)
nope. Let me correct myself - there is a problem. Out of all those mods with TDW's real nav installed and all that... I don't see the NewUI actually enabled... You sure you have enabled it?

I had in the first place, yes, again I'm using sober's modfile.
When it didn't work with everything (including NewUI) enabled, I disabled NewUI and couple other TDW mods - still a no go.

Haven't had time to test it further today.
Fix I'm going to apply is edit TDW's NewUI .cfg settings, then enable them all again and try once more.

Trevally. 09-07-12 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kloef (Post 1931559)
:up:ON TOPIC::up:

Never mind i downloaded the base mod and it seems to be running fine, this is my current modlist:

Mighty fine crew mod 1.21 alt with beards

Dynamic environment SH5 basemod normal

Equipment upgrade fix V1.4

Open Horizons 2 base V2

It seems to be running fine, all the other mods i tried screwed up my game one way or another or greyed out..

I guess i am totally out of modding and i just don't want to spent my time figuring out this and that, i just want to play and i will leave it at this. I fiddled with the mods and saw the buoys and Flattop in Kiel but again some ships in the harbour didn't have textures or anything so i donwloaded the base version as my interest is more towards the extra mission then graphical goodies, mind you i think this is a truly awesome mod!

Glad you got it working:up:
Greying out some mods when installing other can still work.
You should add a UI mod to that list and TDWs IRAI:yep: - this will give you a great game with just those.

Grey ships is harbour - this can be caused by not updating your game to v1.2 (see top right main menu). If this is the case - you should update or you will get cdts

Trevally. 09-07-12 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leettari (Post 1931574)
I had in the first place, yes, again I'm using sober's modfile.
When it didn't work with everything (including NewUI) enabled, I disabled NewUI and couple other TDW mods - still a no go.

Haven't had time to test it further today.
Fix I'm going to apply is edit TDW's NewUI .cfg settings, then enable them all again and try once more.

When adding TDWs UI mod - be sure to follow SSTeels advice here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2005:up:

leettari 09-07-12 06:04 PM

Followed sober's guide now to the letter, but still having the exact same issue.
Also changed NewUIs_TDC_x_x_x_Real_Navigation last in JSGME by editing his MEP-file.

I do have it like Mod/Data etc.
Apart from NewUIs_TDC_7_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith, it's like this.
http://i.imgur.com/496BH.png

Also I seem to have for some reason like double of NewUIs files.
http://i.imgur.com/MknQJ.png

I'm growing more confident I have made an error at some point.