SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Realism- and gameplay-related hardcode fixes for SH3.EXE (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225)

Magic1111 08-29-11 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish In The Water (Post 1738595)
It's come a long way in it's first year... Lots of issues sorted, lots of people helped and tons of progress. Very good work indeed...

Congrats and happy thread anniversary! :woot:

2nd this Post ! :rock::rock::rock:

Jimbuna 08-29-11 02:32 AM

Much kudos H :sunny:

Robin40 08-29-11 03:10 AM

sh3 patched V15G1 GWX on computer1 works fine

sh3 patched V15G2 GWX on computer1 CTD with new career

sh3 patched V15G2 LSH3V5 on computer2 new career works fine

sh3 patched V15G2 applying
Stiebler_Surrender_Smoke_Patchkit to SH3_V15G2.exe on computer1
impossible to find the specified file

:damn:

Stiebler 08-29-11 04:10 AM

@LGN1, @SSB:

I was very interested to discover that you have prevented CTDs from Sergbuto's AI-boats by cloning them with new IDs.

It would be very helpful indeed if either or both of you could release your cloned variants for public use. I would certainly like to update NYGM with a bullet-proof AI-U-boat, if you kindly give me permission for use.

Since H.sie is planning to use LGN1's version for his wolf-packs mod, perhaps this would be the preferred version to upload for general use, in the interests of economy of mods.

Of course, I could always make my own clones, since I have Sansal's Pack3D, but there is a small chance that my cloned version could also clash with an existing ship/air/land-unit. And again, in the interests of economy of mods, it is better if I use an existing stable clone.

Incidentally, did you both remember to clone the turms of the AI-boats also?

@Robin40:
My patch Stiebler_Surrender_Smoke has now been replaced with Stiebler_Surrender_Smoke_CAM, see here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...8&postcount=10

Also your statement 'impossible to find the specified file' is very vague. What cannot find which file? Can you give more details, please.

Stiebler.

h.sie 08-29-11 04:24 AM

@Stiebler: Of course you can have the cloned AI-Subs - if they are finished and final and tested. There is some work to do with them in the future, either by LGN1 or me. LGN1 has the cloned ones, but he isn't here at the moment.

H.Sie

Robin40 08-29-11 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler (Post 1738708)
@LGN1, @SSB:

I was very interested to discover that you have prevented CTDs from Sergbuto's AI-boats by cloning them with new IDs.

It would be very helpful indeed if either or both of you could release your cloned variants for public use. I would certainly like to update NYGM with a bullet-proof AI-U-boat, if you kindly give me permission for use.

Since H.sie is planning to use LGN1's version for his wolf-packs mod, perhaps this would be the preferred version to upload for general use, in the interests of economy of mods.

Of course, I could always make my own clones, since I have Sansal's Pack3D, but there is a small chance that my cloned version could also clash with an existing ship/air/land-unit. And again, in the interests of economy of mods, it is better if I use an existing stable clone.

Incidentally, did you both remember to clone the turms of the AI-boats also?

@Robin40:
My patch Stiebler_Surrender_Smoke has now been replaced with Stiebler_Surrender_Smoke_CAM, see here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...8&postcount=10

Also your statement 'impossible to find the specified file' is very vague. What cannot find which file? Can you give more details, please.

Stiebler.

When I run the patch bat file no patching

impossible to find the specified file

this applies also to CAM patch

Stiebler 08-29-11 06:31 AM

@H.sie,

Many thanks for the reply about the AI-Uboats.

@Robin40:

It seems that you are missing one or more of these files from your patch folder:
1. SH3.exe already patched with H.sie's V15G2.
2. V15_G2_Surrender_Smoke_CAM (a file with no extension).
3. bspatch.exe.

You must have all these files in the same folder in which you run patch_SH3.bat.

The file SH3.exe is your file which you have patched already with H.sies's patch-kit V15G2. Make sure you create a back-up copy of it somewhere before using my Surrender_Smoke_CAM patch.

Stiebler.

U-Falke 08-29-11 12:05 PM

Good morning

This mod is briliant, congratulations!
Is it posssible to have a gauge for oxygen
and another for CO2? They could be located
in the control room, so guys what do you think?

h.sie 08-29-11 02:15 PM

@U-Falke: Thanks. No, it is not possible to have both gauges, one for O2 and one for CO2. One can only have O2 or CO2. It's your choice.

h.sie 08-29-11 02:29 PM

Some input needed (historical facts preferred):

Let's assume there has been a contact report and BDU really sent a wolfpack to sink the reported convoy.

I work with a certain chance p that the wolfpack will find the convoy (that means: it has not been sunk, no machine damage, no navigation problems and so on).

For calculating this chance, I want also to consider the weather conditions. Now my question: What does affect this chance stronger: storm or visibility or both factors equally??

h.sie

Robin40 08-29-11 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler (Post 1738747)
@H.sie,

Many thanks for the reply about the AI-Uboats.

@Robin40:

It seems that you are missing one or more of these files from your patch folder:
3. bspatch.exe.

You must have all these files in the same folder in which you run patch_SH3.bat.

The file SH3.exe is your file which you have patched already with H.sies's patch-kit V15G2. Make sure you create a back-up copy of it somewhere before using my Surrender_Smoke_CAM patch.

Stiebler.

no missing file:wah:

Stiebler 08-30-11 02:05 AM

@H.sie (Wolfpacks):

The main factors affecting whether a U-boat pack could find a convoy are these:
1. The U-boat that found the convoy must *continue* to send contact reports. That is the critical factor.
2. No U-boats can find a convoy in fog.
3. Storms affect the speed at which distant U-boats can arrive, and cause much greater fuel consumption. Some U-boats might not have sufficient fuel to arrive in storms.

Remember that the U-boats did not arrive all together as a 'pack'. They arrived individually from their patrol (1941) or pack reconnaissance areas (1942-1944), and had to travel different distances. However, once arrived, they would be coordinated by BdU to attack all on the same night. Thus it is reasonable to have the pack seem to arrive all at once.

The original U-boat must send several contact reports. The more contact reports it sends, the greater the chance of a pack attack. (But allow a space of at least two hours between contact reports - it would be silly if a U-boat could send 10 contact reports in five minutes in order to organise an attack!) This (multiple contact reports) was another feature well modelled in the old Aces of the Deep.

Stiebler.

Stiebler 08-30-11 02:09 AM

@Robin40:

Quote:

Quote:
@Robin40:

3. bspatch.exe.

Stiebler.

no missing file:wah:
Sorry, but now I cannot guess what is your problem.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Can anyone else provide a suggestion?

Stiebler.

h.sie 08-30-11 05:30 AM

@Stiebler: Thank you very much, J., for the information.

I was able to reduce the time between contact messages from 12 hours to 1 hour, that means, it is now possible (and required) to send a contact report on a regulary basis. Otherwise the chance rises that the other Subs won't be able to intercept the convoy. This is already programmed, only the influence of the weather was missing, but this will come in the next days.

Regarding Robin40: I'm also not able to see where his problem is, because his description is not very helpful.

h.sie

SquareSteelBar 08-30-11 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler (Post 1739277)
...Has anyone else had the same problem? Can anyone else provide a suggestion?...

Just ckecked your CAM patch once more -> works like a charme...

Don't know what's Robin's prob.

Stiebler 08-30-11 06:35 AM

Many thanks for the confirmation that the Surrender-Smoke-CAM patch works properly, SSB.

Stiebler.

Robin40 08-30-11 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiebler (Post 1739392)
Many thanks for the confirmation that the Surrender-Smoke-CAM patch works properly, SSB.

Stiebler.

well....don't bother about that

anyway here it is what I have in my window c:\Windows\syste32\cmd.exe when I apply Patch_SH3

Quote:

SH3 Patcher V1.0 by h.sie

Trying to apply patch V15G2_Stiebler to H.sie' V15G2 sh3.exe

Premere un tasto per continuare (trans. press a key to continue)

Making backup sh3.old

Impossibile trovare il file specificato (trans. Impossible to find the specified file)

Patching.....

Exit

Wreford-Brown 08-30-11 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin40 (Post 1739438)
anyway here it is what I have in my window c:\Windows\syste32\cmd.exe when I apply Patch_SH3

Are you using a completely new sh3.exe?
If you use one which has been modified in any way (e.g. using a no-CD patch, or even using earlier versions of h.sie's work) then the patch will not work.

Use the 'Patch_SH3' MS DOS file to check you have a compatible version. If you still have problems then PM me.

h.sie 08-30-11 10:47 AM

@Stiebler: I think about to also model the chance of wolfpack subs being sunk by hunter-killer groups. But I'm not sure whether it makes sense, since, as you told, the UBoats did not travel together as a single group.

I thought about a simple model: The later the war, the higher the chance that a wolfpack is sunk by enemy.

On the other hand: Since radar was available in late 42 (?), life will be hard enough in sh3 to keep visual contact and send contact reports without being detected. Maybe an additional modelling of wolfpack Uboats being sunk by hunter-killer-groups makes life too hard????

urfisch 08-30-11 01:43 PM

nice to see you are still deep in it h.sie!

:yeah: