SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   What Are You Doing In Real Life II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=227726)

STEED 10-22-16 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Wallace (Post 2441931)
Steed, you never said what is causing this pain in your back. Injury or slipped disc or .....
Make inquirers with your physician regarding devices which can block nerve impulses and pain receptors if you can't get relief any other way.

Glad things are working out for you though, jim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen (Post 2441945)
TENS machine? I didn't know you were this bad, mate. I'd been thinking you were quiet lately; chronic pain gets you right down, for sure.

Trapped nerve or sciatica or both according to the the GP I had to call out two weeks ago. I can now sort of walk around but sitting is short term only. Finally after six or more weeks got a date for some physiotherapy in two weeks time.

Got a TENS machine but not much use with this due to it makes it worst so not much point using it for this latest set back.

Jimbuna 10-22-16 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEED (Post 2441930)
Off work losing money and no end to my back pain. Two weeks with hardly any improvement and hit a new low, can't take much more of this. Second major time this year my back has gone on top of three minor ones as well.

Chin up matey, I bet the gargoyles are mightily relieved :03:

Eichhörnchen 10-22-16 10:12 AM

Been out for a bike ride and passed the 'Hurrying Man' again. Remember him? He's not a jogger and he's not a power-walker; rather he looks likes a man about to fill his pants, trying to get to the toilet without attracting too much attention.

Jimbuna 10-23-16 11:18 AM

Pleasant afternoon having been visited by my son, daughter and her fiance.

Currently on Skype with Steve, watch some bugger is sure to spoil the afternoon :O:

Red October1984 10-24-16 03:00 PM

Replaced the front struts on the BMW yesterday. Took way longer than expected and two trips to the parts store for various bits. Seems Bilstein seems to like to change the nut size on their struts from stock. :doh:

Old struts had no life left. Zero rebound. New ones are incredible. Satisfying project for an afternoon.

Catfish 10-24-16 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen (Post 2442204)
Been out for a bike ride and passed the 'Hurrying Man' again. [...] rather he looks likes a man about to fill his pants, trying to get to the toilet without attracting too much attention.

You do not happen to ride through Hannover, Germany?

Eichhörnchen 10-24-16 03:37 PM

Why... do all you guys run like this in Hannover?

Catfish 10-24-16 03:40 PM

I just thought you might have spotted me.

Jimbuna 10-24-16 04:05 PM

Just ended a pleasant evening with the son, daughter and her fiance round for a meal.

Time for a beer or three.

Mr Quatro 10-25-16 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2442620)
Just ended a pleasant evening with the son, daughter and her fiance round for a meal.

Time for a beer or three.

What does your daughters fiance do for a living?

Jimbuna 10-25-16 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Quatro (Post 2442695)
What does your daughters fiance do for a living?

He's a bridge engineer.

Jimbuna 10-25-16 12:43 PM

Second day wearing my new glasses (varifocals) and I must admit I am struggling but I will continue to persevere.

STEED 10-26-16 12:22 PM

Another week off work for me, Back is a little better but my right hip is painful.

Jimbuna 10-29-16 09:54 AM

Busy day in the Buna household today. Women are having their facemasks and hair done for the daughters engagement tonight but I still found the time to watch Arsenal beat Sunderland on the tv in todays lunchtime match.

Eichhörnchen 10-31-16 04:02 PM

Happy Hallowe'en

http://i.imgur.com/AJ7gezu.jpg

Selfie just before Halloween supper tonight... my son's idea (caught the light just right, Tango :yeah:)