PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hunter IV Dev Diary

Subsim Monitor
10-20-06, 10:47 AM
SILENT HUNTER IV DEV DIARY

Stand by for incoming Ultra. I am updating the SH4 Dev Diary Part 1 now, it will be online in a few minutes.

Here it is, 12MB rar zipfile with three screens and a 1:27 minute Windows Media file trailer.

http://www.subsim.com/sh4_ dev1.rar (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/../sh4_%20dev1.rar)

or

http://files.filefront.com/sh4_dev1rar/;6096502;;/fileinfo.html

Let me know in this thread if you experience any trouble downloading the file.

SteamWake
10-20-06, 11:11 AM
Its been clamped for bandwidth already :-?

Subsim Monitor
10-20-06, 11:22 AM
I think the link was broke, looks like Gizz fixed it :yep:

Safe-Keeper
10-20-06, 11:54 AM
It's awesome, promising, and authentic. And I haven't even downloaded it yet;)!

Edit 5 mins later:
WOW! Interior shot, and a sunset shot with beautiful waves (stand by for concept art vs. real screenshot-debate;)).

Nice, nice, nice. And if you watch the dev diary, it seems your sub's finally getting a search-light, too.

TDK1044
10-20-06, 12:20 PM
Good stuff. I like the idea of the Dev diary.:up:

Jimbuna
10-20-06, 12:51 PM
That was fantastic....can't wait for the next episode :up:

Sir Big Jugs
10-20-06, 01:32 PM
Unbelievable!:o

I am sooo looking forward to SH 4

Safe-Keeper
10-20-06, 02:05 PM
That officer looks so cool, if not a tad bit overweight. Note how the gauges have no needles; they're probably a work-in-progress.

Looking forward to the details on scenery.

WilhelmSchulz.
10-20-06, 02:17 PM
It's Interior shot, and a sunset shot with beautiful waves (stand by for concept art vs. real screenshot-debate;)).

Nice, nice, nice. And if you watch the dev diary, it seems your sub's finally getting a search-light, too.

I have to admit I belive thoes where screenes that time.(I was one of the Concept art belivers)

And I hate to break a buble or two but I think the Search light will be stadic *cough*raido antena*cough*

_Seth_
10-20-06, 03:06 PM
.. if not a tad bit overweight...

:rotfl:Looking forward to "Safe-keepers non-fat officers mod" for SHIV!:rotfl:

AVGWarhawk
10-20-06, 03:24 PM
It's Interior shot, and a sunset shot with beautiful waves (stand by for concept art vs. real screenshot-debate;)).

I have to admit I belive thoes where screenes that time.(I was one of the Concept art belivers)

And I hate to break a buble or two but I think the Search light will be stadic *cough*raido antena*cough*
I believe the search light will not be static. What good is a search light if you cannot search with it? You have to admit, if they did make it usable it would be a neat feature. Anyway, it looks like a winner of a sim already. I cannot wait. :up:

AG124
10-20-06, 03:44 PM
Is that a New Mexico class BB I see in the first screenshot?:huh: Not my first choice for a US battleship, but I won't complain.:cool:

Driftwood
10-20-06, 04:35 PM
HOT DAMN!:up:

Safe-Keeper
10-20-06, 04:54 PM
Let's hope the search-light is operable. Surely it shouldn't be that hard to implement when AI ships have them already?

It'd open for morse code communication with other ships, too.

As for the obese officer, I actually like that. Adds to variation and immersion (not all submariners had been photo-models in their past occupation:p).

Syxx_Killer
10-20-06, 06:23 PM
What an awesome idea. I am highly looking forward to the next episode of the dev diary. I simply can't wait for SHIV to arrive!

Sulikate
10-20-06, 06:26 PM
Wow, looks great :D

Bort
10-20-06, 10:11 PM
Really, Really cool!:|\\ Great job guys, keep it up!!!!:up:

WilhelmSchulz.
10-20-06, 11:11 PM
Looks like they worked on the water textures a bit. :yep:

TDK1044
10-21-06, 09:41 AM
Based on what little we've seen so far, I think it's clear that SH4 will offer graphical enhancements that are tangible but not radical. Good news for those with mid range systems. The Diary is great PR, and involves the customers in the journey of the development of the game.

Sailor Steve
10-21-06, 10:29 AM
That officer looks so cool, if not a tad bit overweight. Note how the gauges have no needles; they're probably a work-in-progress.

Looking forward to the details on scenery.
He's not an officer, just a common sailor, and I don't think he looks overweight at all; his clothes are just a little baggy, which is not uncommon. The pants are 'stovepipes' designed to be pulled on while already wearing shoes. I think he's perfect.

But then, I'm biased.

[edit] On second thought, compaired to my own picture, he does look a little heavy.

Sulikate
10-21-06, 11:06 AM
Looks like they worked on the water textures a bit. :yep:
Agreed. That's nice:yep:

C-4
10-21-06, 10:37 PM
Does anyone here know if the first picture in the archive is an in game screenshot? It looks too good to be true.

Also, did anyone notice the reddish hue in the screenshots? Or am I seeing things?

A great job the dev team did on this game here.

C-4

mikaelanderlund
10-22-06, 04:07 AM
What an awesome idea. I am highly looking forward to the next episode of the dev diary. I simply can't wait for SHIV to arrive!

Maybe someting for GWX team?

Mikael

Safe-Keeper
10-22-06, 08:09 AM
Nah, let them get finished with their project. They're busy enough already.
Maybe something to go with it when it's done, though? A "Designers' Note" of sorts?

Does anyone here know if the first picture in the archive is an in game screenshot? Here we go again:p!

Chooky88
10-22-06, 09:28 AM
Awesome!

I was so dissapointed by SH3. I didnt think the lineal "campaign" would make a diff but it got very boring/unplayable.

I like the idea of SH3 developers learning from the past and mising it with 'fresh blood.' A sound business approach.:know:

All the pretty graphics in the world dont make a game playable.

Having said that, it looks bloody awesome. Add dynamic playability to purdy images and models so real I feel like I could touch em.

Well, since AOD, I'm really pinning my hopes on this one!:up:

labo
10-22-06, 09:34 AM
anxious to see it on the shops .Great sim nice graphics

don1reed
10-22-06, 09:35 AM
SH4 will be "Four-OH".

elanaiba
10-22-06, 10:08 AM
I was so dissapointed by SH3. I didnt think the lineal "campaign" would make a diff but it got very boring/unplayable.

Hmm... but SH3 has a "dynamic" campaign, the branching one was dumped a long time before release...

PsychoElvis
10-22-06, 10:37 AM
Einfach nur Geil!

tommyk
10-22-06, 10:38 AM
woah, great! thanks!

Deep-Six
10-22-06, 10:46 AM
WOW is right.:o Cant wait for it to come out.:)

Respenus
10-22-06, 11:04 AM
Spring is SO FAR away, I don't know if I'll hold that long :dead:

SH3 was an excellent upgrade of SH2 (which was wortless in my opinion), so SH4 must be MORE THEN EXCELLENT upgrade of SH1 (which was a good game, let her rest in peace).

I like the control room and the graphics themselves are WOW! :o

Plus when you read the features on the official site, it looks like they've outdone themselves this time around!

The Avon Lady
10-22-06, 11:04 AM
I will hopefully be getting a new high end notebook once Vista becomes available. Then I'll be able to really enjoy a few games on my "must have" list, SH4 being #2.

Jimbuna
10-22-06, 11:23 AM
I will hopefully be getting a new high end notebook once Vista becomes available. Then I'll be able to really enjoy a few games on my "must have" list, SH4 being #2.

Hmm.....just wondering like but what is your #1 ? :D

STEED
10-22-06, 11:51 AM
Looking good. :up:

Sulikate
10-22-06, 01:44 PM
I second that.

Paajtor
10-22-06, 01:49 PM
Wow, nice little update! :D

Did I see a new type of waves in that movie?
In the harbor-shot with the cranes in the back, the waves looks like from a ship that has just passed...can't remember ever having seen that in SH3.

And the battleship seems to have a more advanced type of bumpmapping, giving a much more realistic metal-look.

Awesome.

Sulikate
10-22-06, 02:16 PM
Wow, nice little update! :D

Did I see a new type of waves in that movie?
In the harbor-shot with the cranes in the back, the waves looks like from a ship that has just passed...can't remember ever having seen that in SH3.

And the battleship seems to have a more advanced type of bumpmapping, giving a much more realistic metal-look.

Awesome.
I was also happy to noticed these things.
Go Devs, Go!

Nightowl
10-22-06, 02:25 PM
I can't play this file, but I would love to... -Nightowl

Webchessie
10-22-06, 03:33 PM
I really like the idea of a video update of SH IV as it comes to "life". That builds interest and excitement for the release.

And let the "fat guy" alone. He happens to be eating his way to a pacific victory!:D :D :D

Paajtor
10-22-06, 06:01 PM
I can't play this file, but I would love to... -Nightowl
What's your media-player? Set it to open *.wmv files, that's all.

TwistedFemur
10-22-06, 06:04 PM
oooh oooh SAMPANS! :D

marius
10-22-06, 06:17 PM
Based on that movie alone I am buying the game.

AG124
10-22-06, 06:27 PM
I also thought I saw some kind of small tugboat next to the Yamato on a monitor.:hmm: And of course, the Yamato herself...:cool:

tower7861
10-22-06, 06:36 PM
:ping:
It doesn't get much realistic than that:rock: .If ,only i coukd get my hand on a dvd rom:damn:

XPav
10-22-06, 07:21 PM
Wow, that's a lot of people crammed into a small amount of space, and I'm not talking about the submarine.

Schultzy
10-22-06, 07:30 PM
.. if not a tad bit overweight...
"Safe-keepers non-fat officers mod" for SHIV!

LMAO!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

An excellent trailer and a nice touch with the dev diary! The submersion screenie, and i'm not bothered if it's concept art or screenshot, is beautiful and is now my wallpaper.

Looking forward to the next installment!

IronOutlaw
10-22-06, 08:12 PM
I am not much into the pacific campaign, but this could tempt me.

However, I cannot help looking to the future and thinking what SH V might look like one day!!! Better start saving for a new PC!!!!!

rodan54
10-22-06, 08:44 PM
oooh oooh SAMPANS!
Hehe....sampans + 5 in. deck gun = hours of fun. :D

I also thought I saw some kind of small tugboat next to the Yamato on a monitor.
Upon closer inspection it would appear to be an Agano Class CL next to the Yamato. Plus the tug next to the sampan. ;)

Reece
10-22-06, 08:50 PM
Stunning!:D The detail of the interior is awsome & the sea looks even better than SH3, this makes me think that SH4 may have a new engine or the old one certainly improved, I hope my current system will still be ok, have they indicated what the required specs will be (probably too early to say)?
Great work Devs!:up:

Jimbuna
10-23-06, 05:08 AM
I second that.
Armed Assault (http://www.armedassault.com/). :yep:

Looks cool Avon Lady :up:
Do you prefer the land combat to subsim ? :arrgh!:

thehiredgun
10-23-06, 09:00 AM
My windows media cannot play a RAR file,what can I do?

letterboy1
10-23-06, 09:32 AM
My windows media cannot play a RAR file,what can I do?

Go here:
http://www.rarlab.com/
Download and install WinRAR. After you've installed it, go back to the file you downloaded from Subsim and right click, choose "Extract Here." It will extract one wmv file and three jpgs into a folder called "SILENT HUNTER 4_ 1st Online package."

Enjoy.

letterboy1
10-23-06, 09:34 AM
I think it's a nice touch how they got Borat to narrate.:rotfl:

Seriously, three cheers to the devs for keeping us updated and involved in the process. I'm definitely getting this.

TDK1044
10-23-06, 10:39 AM
Stunning!:D The detail of the interior is awsome & the sea looks even better than SH3, this makes me think that SH4 may have a new engine or the old one certainly improved, I hope my current system will still be ok, have they indicated what the required specs will be (probably too early to say)?
Great work Devs!:up:

I think it's a revamped SH3 engine with some graphical and gameplay enhancements. I think it is too early for the game specs, but I think it's fair to say that low end video cards won't run this game. From what little we've seen, I think DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 will be required. It'll be interesting to see if the minimum RAM required is 512MB or 1 Gig....my guess is 1 Gig.

tycho102
10-23-06, 12:41 PM
The movie and screenshots look wonderful. But I wish they'd spend more time on the gameplay and quality-assurance, than the aestheics.

It's the bug list I'm worried about.

The Avon Lady
10-23-06, 12:48 PM
Do you prefer the land combat to subsim ? :arrgh!:
In the specific case of Armed Assault (and its predecessor, OFP), yes.

In the general case of other land combat games, I much prefer SH3, for example.

TDK1044
10-23-06, 12:54 PM
The movie and screenshots look wonderful. But I wish they'd spend more time on the gameplay and quality-assurance, than the aestheics.

It's the bug list I'm worried about.

I think in fairness to the Devs, there may have been a lot of indecision in the early days of SH3 which led to a bottleneck situation as they neared the release date. With the lessons learned from SH3, and the fact that they've modified the existing engine rather than build a new one, I think that SH4 will be a stronger product at release. I hated the whole 'patch mania' thing during the first three months of SH3, and I don't think we'll get that situation to anything like the same level in SH4. I hope not anyway.

Safe-Keeper
10-23-06, 02:07 PM
It'll probably be better than Silent Hunter III in many ways. But then again, you never know.

I think it's a nice touch how they got Borat to narrate.:rotfl:
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2787/benicebs7.th.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=benicebs7.jpg)

Payoff
10-23-06, 04:22 PM
This is great.:up: When discussing model textures he says "And the best thing is our users can customize them further" Is this perhaps a hint at a ship editor? The water looks incredible in the video.

Sir Big Jugs
10-23-06, 04:28 PM
You have the "Wild night in Bangkok" avatar!:rotfl:

LOL!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

bookworm_020
10-23-06, 05:28 PM
Watched the video on the way home from work last night, 4 times!!!

I'm impressed. I like the look of it, and can't wait to see the next installment.

I love the Sampan, so will my 40mm AA gun!

Roads88
10-23-06, 09:23 PM
After Watching this i just want to say: thank you...thank you...Thank you...:sunny:

After Christmas, I'm putting together a killer system to run the SH series on.

(drool):D

bookworm_020
10-23-06, 10:53 PM
I thinking of giving my computer a chrismas present of giving it 2 Gigs Ram as a treat for good service for SHIII and preperation for SHIV

The General
10-24-06, 03:28 AM
Hot-digiddy-damn! Gonna need to see those system requirements, eh?

Safe-Keeper
10-24-06, 05:56 AM
The devs have told us they'll ship some editors with the game. Let's hope:up:.

JU_88
10-24-06, 06:04 AM
The devs have told us they'll ship some editors with the game. Let's hope:up:.

Still got 9 months or so to brush up on my 3d studio max - Im getting better every week :D

Tofke
10-24-06, 03:54 PM
:o waou :up:
now try to be patient... :damn:

WilhelmSchulz.
10-24-06, 06:33 PM
When dose #2 come out?

FesterShinetop
10-25-06, 06:52 AM
Wow, that looks GOOD!

Bring it on!!! :rock:

Safe-Keeper
10-25-06, 05:05 PM
When dose #2 come out?Eagerly anticipating it here, too:up:.

Hylander_1314
10-25-06, 08:22 PM
Just to be able to go back to the Pacific Theater, like the first Silent Hunter as USN submariner will be cool. Too bad Dad isn't around anymore to see this, he would have loved it, being a real subman himself in the old days.

Rosencrantz
10-26-06, 08:35 AM
Well, it looks COOL! Can't wait...

-RC-

JSF
10-26-06, 10:19 PM
SILENT HUNTER IV DEV DIARY

Stand by for incoming Ultra. I am updating the SH4 Dev Diary Part 1 now, it will be online in a few minutes.

Here it is, 12MB rar zipfile with three screens and a 1:27 minute Windows Media file trailer.

http://www.subsim.com/sh4_ dev1.rar (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/../sh4_%20dev1.rar)

Let me know in this thread if you experience any trouble downloading the file.

I can't get the link to open............

Gizzmoe
10-27-06, 03:44 AM

Try this one:
http://www.subsim.com/sh4_%20dev1.rar

SmokinTep
10-27-06, 06:31 AM
Awesome stuff...........:up:

plaice390
10-27-06, 04:06 PM
doesn/t work

Sailor Steve
10-27-06, 04:18 PM
Can't watch the video: Can't download stuff to watch at the library.

jumping billy
10-29-06, 12:25 AM
When down loads unit says no page to display ,have tried this differn't times ??????:cry:

Gizzmoe
10-29-06, 03:31 AM
When down loads unit says no page to display ,have tried this differn't times ??????:cry:

You can also download it here:

GakunGak
10-29-06, 05:51 AM
I'm concerned would this run under minimal settings for FX 5200?
1GB RAM & P4 3.0GHz should not be the problem....
Any news on system requirements?
Anyhow, this game will kick ass of current sims...:rock:

Gizzmoe
10-29-06, 09:48 AM
FYI, I´ve moved the OT "Armed Assault" discussion here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=100177

Reece
10-30-06, 10:13 PM
Since they are using the SH3 engine I hope this texture issue is resolved:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/Reecehk/Plank1.jpg
To me this really spoils the "reality effect" of the game and does nothing for snapshots!:-? Please Devs, fix this!:yep:
Thanks.

bookworm_020
10-30-06, 10:41 PM

I have a simlar set up. From what the dev's have said and hinted, If your computer can run SHIII, it most likely will be able to cope with SHIV, as they're using the same graphic's engine as SHIII, but improved for better rendering and increased speed.

Keep your fingers crossed:yep:

GakunGak
10-31-06, 02:12 AM

I have a simlar set up. From what the dev's have said and hinted, If your computer can run SHIII, it most likely will be able to cope with SHIV, as they're using the same graphic's engine as SHIII, but improved for better rendering and increased speed.

Keep your fingers crossed:yep:
THNX for the response. I can run SH3 with no problems but i have a framerate drop when event camera enabled such as bombers droping DD's at me...
I would like some more options under video options of the game, and to support these older video cards, if possible....
They could include a level of details, and possible Auto Detect for video cards so the game can set it to recomended....
That's what I'do.....:hmm:
But Anyhow, SH4 will rock!:rock:

Jimbuna
10-31-06, 11:33 AM
As bookworm 020 said earlier...surely everyone should expect to be able to run SH4 on their pc if it managed to run SH3 :hmm:

WilhelmSchulz.
10-31-06, 05:17 PM
Has Epsode 2 been shown yet?

marius
11-01-06, 06:53 AM
If you cannot run SHIV with all bells and whistles turned on with something as old as a FX 5200 then I wouldn't blame the devs in any way. There are not many new games out there that will run well with such an old card.

I would asume that SHIV will require better hardware to run. If it doesn't then I will be surprised. Same engine or not.... better models with bigger textures and more polygons... new effects... new lighting... any of these will decrease FPS on current systems.

Sulikate
11-01-06, 11:48 AM
If you cannot run SHIV with all bells and whistles turned on with something as old as a FX 5200 then I wouldn't blame the devs in any way. There are not many new games out there that will run well with such an old card.

I would asume that SHIV will require better hardware to run. If it doesn't then I will be surprised. Same engine or not.... better models with bigger textures and more polygons... new effects... new lighting... any of these will decrease FPS on current systems.
Agreed. For this and other reasons I just bought a 7600GS.

Respenus
11-01-06, 03:29 PM
I'm sure that okder computer will be able to play as well. Again, the main problem will probably be the memory. Again a memory hog :down:

I'm sure 256Mb Graphic Ram will be more then enought to run the game supermoded, as it will most surerly be :yep:

Sulikate
11-01-06, 03:40 PM
I'm sure that okder computer will be able to play as well. Again, the main problem will probably be the memory. Again a memory hog :down:

I'm sure 256Mb Graphic Ram will be more then enought to run the game supermoded, as it will most surerly be :yep:
Well, it depends also on the video card, for example: my 9250 256MB cannot be compared to my new 7600GS, even if they have the same VRAM. In SHIII, having a card with 256MB was essential to run some graphic mods, but I hope SHIV will also have more complex shader and lightining setups, so a good card (pipes, clock...) is important to run it with all bells and whistles (and filters).

Jimbuna
11-01-06, 03:40 PM
Has Epsode 2 been shown yet?

No, not as far as I know :hmm:

Respenus
11-01-06, 03:59 PM

I'm sure 256Mb Graphic Ram will be more then enought to run the game supermoded, as it will most surerly be :yep: Well, it depends also on the video card, for example: my 9250 256MB cannot be compared to my new 7600GS, even if they have the same VRAM. In SHIII, having a card with 256MB was essential to run some graphic mods, but I hope SHIV will also have more complex shader and lightining setups, so a good card (pipes, clock...) is important to run it with all bells and whistles (and filters).

I'm sure this one will do just fine :smug:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/VGA/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2235

kylania
11-01-06, 04:28 PM
As bookworm 020 said earlier...surely everyone should expect to be able to run SH4 on their pc if it managed to run SH3 :hmm:

If that were always the case, we'd still be using SH1 graphics. Upgrades must happen, and games should be designed for the future, the hardware people will have 2-3 years from now, not a graphics engine from 2-3 years before the development year much less the release year.

Steeltrap
11-01-06, 05:03 PM

I'm sure 256Mb Graphic Ram will be more then enought to run the game supermoded, as it will most surerly be :yep: Well, it depends also on the video card, for example: my 9250 256MB cannot be compared to my new 7600GS, even if they have the same VRAM. In SHIII, having a card with 256MB was essential to run some graphic mods, but I hope SHIV will also have more complex shader and lightining setups, so a good card (pipes, clock...) is important to run it with all bells and whistles (and filters).

True....I've gone for this:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/VGA/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2365

:rock:

Sulikate
11-01-06, 08:27 PM

Sure thing :huh:

stabiz
11-01-06, 10:44 PM
Yes, I bet all the guys with systems that can barely run GW will have big difficulties in SH4. Thats the nature of games, the graphics get better, and so must also the hardware.

Oh, and as already pointed out, 256MB is no guarantee of performance. My old Radeon 9600 had 256MB, and the 6600GT I got after it had the same, but was way better. The 7600GS I have now also have 256MB, but smashes those two.

I plan to get a better card before SH4 comes out, since the 7600GS uses DDR2 RAM. (Its a good card though, and it is very kind to the psu, because of the passive cooling)

There is still time to start saving money! :rock:

Sulikate
11-02-06, 10:05 AM
Yes, I bet all the guys with systems that can barely run GW will have big difficulties in SH4. Thats the nature of games, the graphics get better, and so must also the hardware.

Oh, and as already pointed out, 256MB is no guarantee of performance. My old Radeon 9600 had 256MB, and the 6600GT I got after it had the same, but was way better. The 7600GS I have now also have 256MB, but smashes those two.

I plan to get a better card before SH4 comes out, since the 7600GS uses DDR2 RAM. (Its a good card though, and it is very kind to the psu, because of the passive cooling)

There is still time to start saving money! :rock:
I'm glad to hear this. It seems I made a good choice (7600 GS):arrgh!:

Respenus
11-05-06, 06:10 AM

:rock::rock::rock:

Nice one. I just didn't have the money as even the cheapest DUO CORE 2 isn't cheap. Thwn my new graphic card and 2GB DDR2 RAM and a new housing, new power supply and all together I wen't kindda broke even with the help of my parents.

But I'm sure both will do just fine in SH4 :yep:

Steeltrap
11-05-06, 10:45 PM
Well I have the 'advantage' of being 39yo and a manager in a very well known multinational, so I fiddled the budget to toss $$ at it....haven't bought a new computer since 2000, and my poor old 866 was getting a bit beyond it!

Oh, btw, the budget I fiddled was mine, not the company's!!

bookworm_020
11-05-06, 11:08 PM
I'm stuck with the fx5200 as I can only use a low profile AGP graphics card. I don't know of any other cards out there that are better.
It does the job at the moment, frame rates drop around oil fires, but with only 768Mb Memory (will be upgrading it to 2 and half Gb, when I get my tax return back)

Does anyone know of a better card out there??? PM if you do...:up:

marius
11-06-06, 09:11 AM
I'm stuck with the fx5200 as I can only use a low profile AGP graphics card. I don't know of any other cards out there that are better.
It does the job at the moment, frame rates drop around oil fires, but with only 768Mb Memory (will be upgrading it to 2 and half Gb, when I get my tax return back)

Does anyone know of a better card out there??? PM if you do...:up:

Personally I think you should update your PC. But if you must the only card I know of in low profile is the 7300GS

JSF
11-07-06, 12:59 AM

Try this one:
http://www.subsim.com/sh4_%20dev1.rar

Thanks Gizzmoe....can't get that 1 to work either. Says critical error...incomplete download.....etc......its probably because i own a dell.....:damn:

Gizzmoe
11-07-06, 01:01 AM
Thanks Gizzmoe....can't get that 1 to work either. Says critical error...incomplete download.....etc......its probably because i own a dell.....:damn:

I´ve also uploaded the file to Filefront:

TDK1044
11-07-06, 08:44 AM
If you were on the edge of being able to run SH3 then I think you'll really struggle with SH4. If your system handled SH3 with no problems, then I wouldn't see SH4 as being an issue.