PDA

View Full Version : S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

SUBMAN1
10-09-06, 02:34 PM
http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PC/stalker_oblivion/

Ahhh! Am I reading that right where they now say its pushed out to 2007? This was one of my must have's for 2006 and now its 2007.

This game will probably live up to its hype though, so I guess I can wait. I love free form games that let you go anywhere and do anything.

-S

[dc]Blade
10-09-06, 02:38 PM
dont hold your breath dude, this ones been put back quite a few times, I remember waiting for this one 3 years ago beleve it or not.
but it has come a vary long way since then:D

Detritus
10-10-06, 09:52 AM
Yes, this one was one of my most anticipated games ever, also. Free roaming, changing gameplay at each run, real time, details galore. However, it's not on my most wanted list anymore. The word is that, since it's been pushed back a number of times, the company finally gave up due to escalating costs and called in someone to sort the mess out. Result: a whole lot of the stuff that was supposed to make it a brilliant are now gone. Can't remember what they were but the list looked grim once I read about it. Pity, I was betting heavily on this, to give some hope to otherwise dead boring fps genre as it is today. Oh well, there's always BioShock and Assassin's Creed to look forward to.

SUBMAN1
10-10-06, 12:12 PM
Yes, this one was one of my most anticipated games ever, also. Free roaming, changing gameplay at each run, real time, details galore. However, it's not on my most wanted list anymore. The word is that, since it's been pushed back a number of times, the company finally gave up due to escalating costs and called in someone to sort the mess out. Result: a whole lot of the stuff that was supposed to make it a brilliant are now gone. Can't remember what they were but the list looked grim once I read about it. Pity, I was betting heavily on this, to give some hope to otherwise dead boring fps genre as it is today. Oh well, there's always BioShock and Assassin's Creed to look forward to.

Don't even get me started on System Shock 2 (soon to SS3 through Bioshock!!!). I loved that game. Played through it 3 times.

-S

PS. Isn't Assasins Creed a PS3 only game? If so, I refuse to support a company like SOny anymore, so I'll pass.

Detritus
10-10-06, 12:39 PM
No, Assassin's Creed will be on PC as well. I wouldn't buy it either if it had been on console only, just don't like those platforms. BioShock definitely looks nice, based on the videos and such, and I wouldn't exactly murder STALKER either if it won't be as could as it could've. It still seems to have quite a lot going for it. Sure hope so.

SUBMAN1
10-10-06, 02:43 PM
No, Assassin's Creed will be on PC as well. I wouldn't buy it either if it had been on console only, just don't like those platforms. BioShock definitely looks nice, based on the videos and such, and I wouldn't exactly murder STALKER either if it won't be as could as it could've. It still seems to have quite a lot going for it. Sure hope so.

From what I read, they still put in a ton of extras not found in most FPS games in Stalker. It doesn't matter what didn't make it, it is already way beyond the norm.

-S

kiwi_2005
10-16-06, 11:54 AM
Yes ive been waiting for Stalker, i just hope it does come out in 07 and not end up as some other Duke nukem forever...

SUBMAN1
10-16-06, 01:43 PM
Yes ive been waiting for Stalker, i just hope it does come out in 07 and not end up as some other Duke nukem forever...

Don't be so sure - Prey appeared out of no where and that one was another 3DRealm MIA game like Duke Nukem!

-S

PS. See for yourself! - http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8058336897463815214&q=prey&hl=en

SubSerpent
10-17-06, 04:46 PM
It will most likely end up being another "Prey". That game took forever to come out as well. Once it did, it turned out to not be too good. Hopefully I am wrong though! I too have been waiting for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for quite some time!