PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k Dark Crusade

NeonSamurai
09-29-06, 10:48 AM
So who all is looking forward to this one?

I know i am, finaly a chance to play a open/strategic campaign with this RTS :) Great part i hear is its standalone so you dont even need the original DoW or the expansion to play it.

P_Funk
10-03-06, 01:05 AM
Me too. Although one of my friends who used to be a hardcore 40k tabletop gamer said that the two featured races in this one (Tau and Necron) were the reason he quit playing. Apparently they were both not balanced at all and served no purpose within the 40k universe other than to sell models.

I am of course looking forward to it. DoW was a breath of fresh air for RTS and the recent release of Comparny of Heroes (by the same devs) ought to mean that the 40k franchise should grow more and more into a tactically based rts.

NeonSamurai
10-03-06, 10:07 AM
I actualy never bothered with the tabletop warhammer 40k game, too buisy with games like shadowrun and Battletech/Mechwarrior back in the day.

Great thing about the DoW series is you dont need any knowledge what so ever about tabletop 40k to play it.

As for game balance from the reviews ive read im sure they have it under control (as the rts does not strictly follow the 40k rules as far as i can tell). The 2 new races seem to have their own strengths and weaknesses just like the existing ones.

Terrax
10-20-06, 12:01 PM
I had never heard of Warhammer 40K before DOW. After playing the game, I started reading W40K books and have been hooked ever since. I have no interest in table top, but after reading 20+ 40K novels, I'm definitely a huge fan now. I already have Dark Crusade reserved at my local computer store. From what I read, it's gonna be great.

Respenus
10-22-06, 11:35 AM
I really like and been waiting since I found it's coming out!

I have been preparing myself by reading Wikipedia articles on Warhammer. I pay Dawn of War, didn't play Winter Assault (wish I had).

DC will allow you to play all 7 races in single player, so there is no need to buy Winter Assault! YEH!!! :rock:

Gotta love those necrons!