View Full Version : Multiple Installs
09-27-2006, 05:56 PM
How would i go about installing the game in multiple locations? The installer will only let me modify, repair, or remove my current install, theres no option to install it somewhere else.
09-27-2006, 07:06 PM
1) Do a fresh install of ShIII and patch it to 1.4b
2) Go to the ubisoft folder and rename the SH III folder to SilentHunter III_A
3) Insert the disc and click install; when the choice comes up, pick repair. This will install a new SilentHunter III; patch this to 1.4B
4) Go to the Ubisoft folder and rename the SilentHunter III folder to SilentHunter III_B
5) Keep doing this until you have enough installs
I suggest you make 5 if you have enough hard drive space and install the JSGME into each one and install the mods you want, including GW, IUB 1.03, NYGM Tonnage mod, and the two others.
These 3 mods are terrific and you should play all of them.
When you want to play one of the mods, go to the ubisoft folder and rename the one you want to SilentHunter III and rename the old one to something else.
In your document folder you will have a folder SH3. You can either use a different captain's name with each install, or you an rename these folders to match the others.
(thanks to irish1958 :yep: )
09-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Yes that will work.
Another way is to install and patch to 1.4b, then copy the SilentHunterIII folder as many time as you like, and then rename the folders to what you want. You can install JSGME before you copy. You should also install SH3 Weather.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.