PDA

View Full Version : Did you all notice that ............. ?

Drebbel
09-26-06, 05:22 AM
.............. UBIsoft has officially changed the name Silent Hunter IV into Silent Hunter 4 ?

That is probably because they want to sell the sim to zillions of instant action loving kiddies that have no idea what IV means :D

JU_88
09-26-06, 06:33 AM
heh, youre right, but thats fine by me, i always get my roman numericals mixed up anyway... the amount of times i called a type XXI a type IXX.... LOL

Torplexed
09-26-06, 06:57 AM
IV. Isn't that what they stick in yer arm when you need a blood transfusion? :D

JU_88
09-26-06, 08:15 AM
IV. Isn't that what they stick in yer arm when you need a blood transfusion? :D

You watch a bit of E.R then.... actually what the name of that US comedy set in a hostpital? abit like p1ss take version of ER, its reallt funny. :smug:

Drebbel
09-26-06, 10:45 AM
I think this is the dev team's way of telling us that the sim will not included the long awaited Interactive Video feature :-(

Safe-Keeper
09-26-06, 10:50 AM
That is probably because they want to sell the sim to zillions of instant action loving kiddies that have no idea what IV means :DWouldn't surprise me one bit.

IV. Isn't that what they stick in yer arm when you need a blood transfusion? :D:rotfl:

Pants
09-26-06, 11:51 AM
You watch a bit of E.R then.... actually what the name of that US comedy set in a hostpital? abit like p1ss take version of ER, its reallt funny. :smug: You talking about Scrubs mate?

Sailor Steve
09-27-06, 07:45 PM
It's okay, people are always substituting Arabic numbers for Roman numerals anyway, as in Silent Hunter 111 instead of III. I mean, "Silent Hunter One-Eleven"?

Really.:roll:

Safe-Keeper
09-29-06, 06:34 AM
Holy S**t, I've missed 109 releases:shifty:.

HunterICX
09-29-06, 06:38 AM

:o where where?

Safe-Keeper
10-01-06, 05:46 PM
It's okay, people are always substituting Arabic numbers for Roman numerals anyway, as in Silent Hunter 111 instead of III. I mean, "Silent Hunter One-Eleven"?

Really.:roll:Can you blame them, though?

Holding Shift while typing the "I" is so much work:cry:.

:roll:

Sailor Steve
10-01-06, 05:49 PM

:o where where?
Go back to sleep. They jumped straight from Silent Hunter Eleven to SH One-Eleven. You didn't miss anything.

CB..
10-01-06, 08:36 PM
:D funny how kids can cope with all their endless texting abrieviations but they don't understand than IV means four...i suppose we should just be thankfull they don't call it Silent Hunter MOFO of the deep and the voice files don't all sound like some strange gangster rap routine..with all the crew sloping round the sub like gorillas with shoulder deformitys:hmm: :lol:

Torvald Von Mansee
10-01-06, 10:56 PM
You watch a bit of E.R then.... actually what the name of that US comedy set in a hostpital? abit like p1ss take version of ER, its reallt funny. :smug: You talking about Scrubs mate?

Heh. I think Scrubs is funny. I don't like when it becomes abruptly serious, personally.

And I'm reminded of this from the Simpsons:

Edna Krabappel: "Pay attention to this lesson on Roman numerals, children, or you won't know the years certain films were made"

elanaiba
10-02-06, 02:07 AM
:D funny how kids can cope with all their endless texting abrieviations but they don't understand than IV means four...i suppose we should just be thankfull they don't call it Silent Hunter MOFO of the deep and the voice files don't all sound like some strange gangster rap routine..with all the crew sloping round the sub like gorillas with shoulder deformitys:hmm: :lol:

Ahem... I think Drebbel was just kidding?!

Oberon
10-02-06, 06:09 AM
"Yo XO wassup?"
"Yo Cap'n B***h, got us some serious Jap mofos."
"Fo' shizzle?"
"I not s***ting you bro."
"Let's go tap this s**t!"

:doh: :doh: :nope:

Safe-Keeper
10-02-06, 07:02 AM
GTU: Pacific Stories

"Yo XO wassup?"
"Yo Cap'n B***h, got us some serious Jap mofos."
"Fo' shizzle?"
"I not s***ting you bro."
"Let's go tap this s**t!":lol:

Sailor Steve
10-02-06, 10:35 AM
:rotfl:

Admiral Lockwood to Captain B***h: "Please rewrite and resubmit report. Last one was unreadable".