PDA

View Full Version : Im getting a dell XPS laptop, either M1710 or M1210, have a question

america person
09-16-06, 09:48 AM
would either of these run SH III as seeing it was made a year ago? or maybe SHIV?

any feedback would be appericated, you can pm me, or ping me on msn messanger at vestwearingpunk(at)gmail(dot)com

BFawlty
09-17-06, 08:20 PM
I have a XPS laptop that I purchased over a year ago and I run it fine. I would think you should have no issues with it.

BF

america person
09-18-06, 05:53 PM
rad, thanks for the response, much appreicated

DeepSix
09-18-06, 10:10 PM
Related but somewhat OT - I'm thinking of an XPS desktop; has Dell gotten their hardware act back together? Or is this more a matter of opinion? Feel free to pm with answers if this is going too far off topic.

Cheers,
Rob

america person
09-21-06, 08:48 AM
not sure about desktops, but my dad jsut got me the better of the three xps laptops, and when i asked for a laptop i meant the cheapest xps system, and he gets me te opposite, well no complaints here, can't wait till it gets here, hoepfully ill be able to play sHIII and all my other high end games finally

Oi
Trav

Kresge
09-22-06, 04:04 PM
I bought an XPS desktop and a 19" LCD monitor from Dell about a year ago and have not had a single problem. It is the most stable system I've ever had and would highly recommend them. My buddy also has had a Pentium4-based XPS for over two years and no problems. I like the case designs for their cooling, compartmentalization, and ease of future upgrades.

If you do buy a new system check to see what specials they have going on. I got 0% financing for 18 months and also saved about $200-$300 in upgrades, plus the top of the line monitor upgrade was only $50.

:up:

DeepSix
09-22-06, 10:32 PM
Good deal, then. I'm thinking about it. What I have now is a 2.4GHz Pentium with a 533MHz bus. 2.0G of RAM (Socket 478, 533MHz) and an FX5500 card (eVGA). So I'm looking at the CoreDuo processors and wondering if I can afford a new system. I like the idea, I just wonder how much is "enough." Don't need the 2.93 processor but not sure what I'd have to get to see an appreciable difference from what I have now. If I can afford it, I think I'd like the 2.4 CoreDuo, but am not sure which of Dell's video card options would be best. I definitely do NOT need quad SLI. But dual cards or GPUs might be nice. :)

Dave Kay
09-29-06, 05:09 PM
I have a brand new XPS and am wondering the same thing... see my post http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=98814