PDA

View Full Version : Which IJN Battleships for SHIV?

AG124
09-16-06, 09:08 AM
We discussed something like this before, but it is probable that we cannot have every single class of warship in SHIV (even though I know we all would like that. So, out of the four classes of Japanese BB's, which one would everone choose to be the least important if one had to be omited? I have no idea how many the Dev's plan on including, although the Yamato class will definitely be there (they did say so somewhere) and I thought I saw the Fuso class in a screenshot somewhere (that particular shot did not look like concept art) - don't remember where I saw it though.

In SHI, we got all five, although the only Ise version was the half-carrier one.

MGR1
09-16-06, 11:54 AM
Ideally, Fuso and Yamashiro. Apart from some minor ops prior to their "Blaze of Glory" at Surigao Strait, those two sat at their moorings at Hashirajima for most of the war. Primarily because they were too slow.

However, since they do seem to be included according to the screens, then I'd say Hyuga and Ise. They spent most of the critical period mired in the dockyard being converted.

I've also looked at the screenies, and apart from the Fuso and Yamato models, there does seem to be a Kongo as well. Wise move, as they saw the most action.:up:

Now, as to the US ships, I think I saw a New Mexico in one 'shot.

Mike.:)

AG124
09-16-06, 04:58 PM
I think I will start similar polls for carriers, heavy cruisers, and light cruisers.:hmm:

EDIT - I have posted one for carriers, but I accidently posted the first post three times. Hopefully one of the moderators will delete the two extras.

Danelov
09-16-06, 08:40 PM
The Kongos are fundamental, this battlecruisers were very active in the WWII ,I think the Ise class can be omitted, the Yamashiro are quite impresionant with his high structures,Nagato class is also symbolic, and the Yamato class ,well ,is a good argument of sale for SHIV.Yes, the Ise can be omitted.

kapitanfred
09-22-06, 01:37 AM
I recon if SH1 had them all then SHIV should as well.

AG124
09-22-06, 05:38 AM
It might, but SHI had very low quality vessels which were much easier to add to the game than the high quality models of today's standards. Thus, it is not entirely likely that we will get all five although we might. The Yamato class will definitely be there, and it appears as if the Fuso and Kongo classes will be there as well.

zaza
10-02-06, 11:24 AM
I voted on NAGATO class.
Until Yamato was built,Nagato was flag ship in IJN for long time.
And In WW2 civilian doesnt know Yamato and Musashi had builted.

Before WW2 my grand father was crew of Battle ship Nagato.
:up: :up: :up:

His task was Ballistic calculation.

WilhelmSchulz.
10-02-06, 07:59 PM
All of them! :up:

joea
10-03-06, 03:01 AM
I voted on NAGATO class.
Until Yamato was built,Nagato was flag ship in IJN for long time.
And In WW2 civilian doesnt know Yamato and Musashi had builted.

Before WW2 my grand father was crew of Battle ship Nagato.
:up: :up: :up:

His task was Ballistic calculation.

Now that is really cool. I don't know as much on the IJN gunnery systems as I do about the other navies, US, RN and Kreigsmarine. What kind of calculators were used, something like the Dreyer table? What is the project in your sig?

bill clarke
10-06-06, 01:04 AM
All of them, and have the Ise and Hyuga re spawn as carrier hybrids at the time they were remodelled.