PDA

View Full Version : Those darn planes!

TDK1044
09-12-06, 10:29 AM
One thinhg I'm hoping not to see in SH1V is the unrealistic amount of planes coming out of nowhere and dive bombing me. It drove me mad in SH111 until I added a mod. I'm assuming the amount of planes will be fewer in SH1V based on the geographical location. I'm expecting to see occasional scout planes and the like, but not the kind of madness that SH111 gave us.

Torplexed
09-12-06, 07:28 PM
Only five US submarines were lost to air action alone, so it should play a much smaller role in the Pacific. Plus, most US subs were eventually equipped with an air search radar set which should make avoiding enemy aircraft a breeze.

Zero Niner
09-12-06, 08:36 PM
Totally agree with you. On the way home off the north of Scotland after a patrol in my shiny new (well, it was shiny new then :D ) VIIB, I must've shot down an entire wing of Swordfish torpedo bombers. :roll: :nope:
The turkey shoot ceased only when I got fed up of the constant, ahistoric, unrealistic A-A action, and submerged to 50m to get away from the peseky planes. :mad:

Syxx_Killer
09-12-06, 10:06 PM
That was one thing that annoyed me, too in SHIII. I think when patch 1.4 came out, the devs doubled the instances of aircraft from that of 1.3 and increased the ranges.