View Full Version : steel beasts 1: GOLD edition
09-05-2006, 11:34 AM
What differs GOLD version from regular one? I know its much bigger.
09-05-2006, 11:59 AM
From the "Strategy First" site:
The new and improved features that are included in this Special Steel Beasts Gold Edition are:
- Dramatically improved debriefing phase: better playback features, and ability to view 3D world during debriefing
- Improved low level AI for vehicles and troops
- Added and improved features to make mission creation easier and more powerful (e.g. More events and triggers, nameable events and triggers, customizable ammo load-outs)
- Improved map graphic tools: all map graphics can now be stretched, rotated and flipped with added pre-made square and ellipse map graphics.
- Significantly modified fire control system for the M1A1, based on feedback from master gunners in the US Army
- Improved multiplayer performance
- Improved modeling of rounds
- Revised damage models based on feedback from armor experts
- Improved unit map symbols
- More convenient screenshot tool
- Improved joystick response, and added joystick centering hot keys
- Dozens of missions not included in the original SB, and better organization of missions.
09-05-2006, 12:06 PM
The above. Think of it as SB1 with all the patches already installed, and lots of additonal scenarios.
09-06-2006, 01:45 AM
great! still only tanksim i can afford (besides t72).:roll:
what are your advices to learn playing SB? first tutorials and then? whats the good, tested way?
im a little bit afraid of multi-platforms controlled by one player.
09-06-2006, 04:07 AM
Before you go teamplay, learn singleplay. Many tutorials that lead you through both tanks step by step. Then get comfortable with some scenarios included. Master the planing tool, learn how to form a good plan, create cohesive unit formation, overwatch tactics, battlepositions.
Then go online, if you want. don't know how many are left playing SB1 online, since SBP is out since half a year now.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.