PDA

View Full Version : Will the SH4 ships work in SH3?

sandbag69
08-30-06, 02:27 PM
Will the SH4 ships work in SH3? Or vice versa.

enaceo
08-30-06, 04:10 PM
I don't really think so ...as the devs said that some aspects of the engine had to be re-written from scratch .Don't know how this affects the actual ships,but I don't really know if the ships can be switched.The models can probably be freely imported/exported but the ship as a whole ... don't think that will be possible.

sandbag69
08-30-06, 05:48 PM
I don't really think so ...as the devs said that some aspects of the engine had to be re-written from scratch .Don't know how this affects the actual ships,but I don't really know if the ships can be switched.The models can probably be freely imported/exported but the ship as a whole ... don't think that will be possible.

That will be so disappointing for me. As i wanted to add US ships to Sh3. Bummer!

Jmack
08-30-06, 09:48 PM
ill bet they DO . there are people importing other 3d models to SH3 .... so i believe its possible. take a look at the MODS forum on SHIII. look for the thread about the Vosper and the HSL rescue launch .

bookworm_020
08-31-06, 02:48 AM
I wonder if you will be able to import SHIII ships and aircraft to SHIV.:yep: It would be a quick way to add some units that are already suited to the game.

I would also hate to see such fine work the modders have done go to waste.

enaceo
08-31-06, 02:58 AM
The 3d models will probably be freely inmported/exported but as I have said the devs have changed some aspects of the engine so SHIV may have some features SH3 doesn't or the other way around so just taking a ship and puting it to the other game won't really be possible I think but you can probably take any ship model you want and re-create it in SHIV.