PDA

View Full Version : Superb battlefield ambient soundfile...

Skybird
08-28-06, 06:33 PM
... made by Daskal. It is a 2 minute-mp3 of a battle being fought to your left and right and in the distance. It creates a great sense of three dimensional acoustical space over a very vast distance and is a superb background ambiance sound for any land-based simulation, just play it with Media Player while running your sim. For me it is SBP-PE, of course (what else? :) ) and I found it boosted the sim's atmosphere into the sky!

It cannot be directly linked. You need to go into the download section at www.stealbeast.com (http://www.stealbeast.com), manually find the section for downloading missions for SBP-PE, and search for a package named "Iran Thunder Run" (not Iraq!). the MP3 comes as part of that zip-file.

Don't miss it! It can be used for many sims, I think, maybe even Flashpoint? :hmm:

Thanks to Daskal for creating it.

Skybird
08-29-06, 07:41 AM
Dont search, use this:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8085&POSTNUKESID=10b73da91b3700234fee1d2eb4ab8bfa

TteFAboB
08-29-06, 05:40 PM
I'm a little skeptical of this specific sound file, but the concept is a very good idea indeed.

Skybird
08-31-06, 06:29 AM
I'm a little skeptical of this specific sound file

Why? It doesn't bite.

TteFAboB
08-31-06, 11:59 AM
I'm a little skeptical of this specific sound file

Why? It doesn't bite.

:rotfl:

Well, I've never been to a battlefield so I wouldn't know. But I feel there's something odd about it. Maybe the battle is too distant. Reminds me a bit of Close Combat V, it had a very short distant battle sound too. But this one is better than that, of course. I haven't tried it with a game yet, maybe that's why I feel uncomfortable about it. :arrgh!:

I guess it will merge nicely with SBP. Need to try that when I have time.

Skybird
08-31-06, 01:06 PM
The file reminds me pretty much of the description of the accoustic environment given by Gen. Frank's and T. Clancy's "Into the Storm".