PDA

View Full Version : AI aircraft help? Mission making DW

Seadawg23
08-25-06, 04:47 PM
Ok guys,

Alittle help please.. This one has me stumpped.

I have placed a few Stand alone aircraft namely: 1 EA-6B and 1 F/A 18 as a test to figure out how to get them to attack a SAM site.

Both have strike packages... EA-6B should be carrying HARMS. Which should KILL the SAM site...

ROE: Both side 0 and 1 set at WAR

I have tried Attached triggers...and Global. Setting them in doctrine LAng.. to Attack SAM site...NOTHING....I have show truth on to see if missle is launched...Nope. the SAM site attacks them with no scripts

anyone with any ideas? I think i saw this on a forum somewhere but cant find it

SeaQueen
10-17-06, 09:46 PM
anyone with any ideas? I think i saw this on a forum somewhere but cant find it

I had this problem before. Try giving the aircraft a firing solution. If they have no solution, they won't engage. It hold true for aircraft as well as ships and submarines.

Miika
10-31-06, 01:04 AM
You can use scripts etc, but if your mission depends on the target being destroyed, I suggest the following: (something I have done in my missions)

Once you have created the strike group, include a couple of aircraft that will simply fly towards the target and then turn away etc. once they are within their weapons´ firing range. Then use script "add effect... explosion and ...smoke" in target, and "remove...target".

This will make sure the aircraft "destroy" the target (unless they are shot down).

Miika