PDA

View Full Version : User reputation

Gizzmoe
07-29-06, 02:37 AM
Neal, the user reputation bar isnīt there (Smartdark), reputation_pos.gif is missing. haylazblue and Admin Blue works.

It also looks like you need to update/rebuild the counters, some members with <5 posts have a higher reputation than some of the 1000+ guys.

By the way, I hope you remove that feature, I donīt see how this could be any useful. The "danger" of misuse is high...

Wilko
07-29-06, 03:54 AM
It is a bit strange :doh:

Wilko
07-29-06, 03:58 AM
I am a unknown quantity, what does that mean.. unless I post above a certain amount then I am not worth listning to or taking any notice of.. kinda insulting but hey it is only a symbol on a pc monitor so I can live with it :rotfl:

Sulikate
07-29-06, 01:05 PM
I'm also an unknown quantity... there must be something wrong with this counter...

JJ
07-29-06, 02:03 PM
And I'm back to square one... boohooo... I was "Glorious Beacon Of Light" just a few hours ago.... I kinda liked that.. :cry::cry::cry:

Neal probly reset the thingy

Sulikate
07-30-06, 11:03 AM
I gained one "point"!:arrgh!:

gdogghenrikson
07-30-06, 12:36 PM
how do we tell how much reputation we have

Sulikate
07-30-06, 12:39 PM
Well... it doesn't seem to be a exact science indeed... You could probably guess by the post count.

Gizzmoe
07-30-06, 12:52 PM

Go to one of your own posts, then click http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/reputation.gif or go to the user control panel ("Latest Reputation Received").

Drebbel
07-30-06, 01:03 PM

People can "vote" by clicking an icon below your avatar.

I think this is a bad system soon one will see that people with a "different" opinion or posting styles get a bad rep. People should decide by themselves, not read what other think.

hey should discuss it, and not anonymously give eachother a bad rep. I think promoting behaviour like that should be not a thing we promote overhere in these forums.

IMHO it is just a sneaky thing that is "not done"

Gizzmoe
07-30-06, 01:06 PM
I totally agree.

Drebbel
07-30-06, 01:40 PM
I totally agree.

Just gave Neal a bad rep for it. He has a red block now :lol:

Gizzmoe
07-30-06, 01:42 PM
http://home.arcor.de/gizzmoe/Neal.gif (http://home.arcor.de/Neal.gif)

LOL!!!

bigboywooly
07-30-06, 01:45 PM
I didnt even know this feature was here
:damn:

Drebbel
07-30-06, 02:00 PM
Ok, all against the Big Brother User Reputation Programm aka (BBURP) give Neal a bad mark for it.

Just click the button as indicated in the picture below:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9647/777kjbjhjkjhkbr2.png

:D

RickC Sniper
07-30-06, 05:09 PM
LOL Drebbel

Personally I think it is a system that could be easily abused, as Drebbel just demonstrated.

Wilko
07-31-06, 04:49 AM
Just rep'ed ya Drebbel :arrgh!:

Wilko
07-31-06, 06:12 AM
Just found that you can only rep so much in a 24 hr period

Drebbel
07-31-06, 06:28 AM
Just found that you can only rep so much in a 24 hr period

Lucky me :D

Ducimus
07-31-06, 09:22 PM
I just noticed this repuation system today, and while i *think* i can understand why Neal put it in, past experience tells me the negatives outweight the positives.

On the plus side, it encourages people to behave themselves. But i think thats the only plus there is.

What happends longterm is you'll get "gigged" when anytime someone disagree's with you. Presentation of thought will have little to do with it. People like to lash out at things contrary to their personal view. Post anything that is not inconformity to mainstream acceptance and you'll get dinged for it.

What will also happen is "popularity contests", possibly even clicke's forming that may go beyond the GW and NYGM rivialry. This system will also accentuate any personality conflicts that exist between any forum users. Not to mention a situation which i can only describe as a covert forum war.

Onkel Neal
07-31-06, 10:09 PM
Well, one click and I can disable it. :)

gdogghenrikson
08-01-06, 01:17 AM
LOL Drebbel

Personally I think it is a system that could be easily abused, as Drebbel just demonstrated.

I totally agree

Sailor Steve
08-01-06, 10:59 AM
Looks like Neal's rep is going down fast.:rotfl:

Kapitan
08-01-06, 04:52 PM
Apparently i have 10 to be honest i dont think i agree on this but hey who am i to decide that.

Onkel Neal
08-01-06, 05:31 PM
Looks like Neal's rep is going down fast.:rotfl:

Yeah, and I thought standards here were pretty high :ping:

Onkel Neal
08-01-06, 05:44 PM

Wow, Oberon beaned me for posting that ! :rotfl:

STEED
08-02-06, 03:47 AM

Are the cat is out of the bag, Big Brother Neal can see all. ;) :lol:

Linton
08-02-06, 04:35 AM
I think that it is time this post reputation system went here:http://www.headington.org.uk/pics/local_services/dustbin.jpg

Onkel Neal
08-02-06, 06:06 AM

Are the cat is out of the bag, Big Brother Neal can see all. ;) :lol:

What are you talking about, Sailor? You can see your rep and who added/subtracted from it too. Just look at the bottom of your Control Panel http://207.44.214.111/subsim.com/radioroom/usercp.php (http://207.44.214.111/subsim.com/radioroom/usercp.php) :arrgh!:

Wilko
08-02-06, 07:35 AM
:rotfl: gawd.. the bosses little red square says he is afraid of water :doh:

STEED
08-02-06, 07:50 AM

How did you know it was Oberon?

All I see is green or blue blocks given to my comments, no one's name. :hmm:

JJ
08-02-06, 07:51 AM
What are you talking about, Sailor? You can see your rep and who added/subtracted from it too. Just look at the bottom of your Control Panel http://207.44.214.111/subsim.com/radioroom/usercp.php (http://207.44.214.111/subsim.com/radioroom/usercp.php) :arrgh!:

I don't. I can see "Latest Reputation Received" but it only shows the threads and date. If I click a thread's name it just takes me to the said thread.

Gizzmoe
08-02-06, 07:52 AM
I don't.

Me neither.

STEED
08-02-06, 07:57 AM
I think we have the right to see who it is posted reputations, not this sneaky system we have.

Onkel Neal
08-02-06, 08:28 AM
Really? I guess I need to make a regular user account and learn more about how that works.

Ok, that should give you enough reason to dink me again :-?

and to think, I'm trying so hard !

STEED
08-02-06, 08:47 AM
I would like to see it scrapped or correct this sneaky system, people must leave a comment and there name. To be honest Neal I don't give a hoot what anyone posts about me they can say I am barking mad, so what!
But lets have some fair play unlike this sneaking around.

;) :)

Onkel Neal
08-02-06, 11:21 AM
So,.... "Steed" is your real name, too? :lol:

STEED
08-02-06, 12:49 PM
So,.... "Steed" is your real name, too? :lol:

Neal, you cool cat.:rotfl:

There on line name, it's only suggestion. :yep:

Drinks anyone. :D

Onkel Neal
08-02-06, 02:30 PM
Lol, I have to give you a good rep point for that :yep:

ok, I have the solution: Everyone: when giving good or bad rep, make sure you sign your name in the comments.

Sincerely,
Skybird
:rotfl:

Onkel Neal
08-02-06, 02:33 PM
Holy carp, I'm on the verge of going green again. I must have some friends out there! :()1:

STEED
08-02-06, 03:00 PM
Lol, I have to give you a good rep point for that :yep:

ok, I have the solution: Everyone: when giving good or bad rep, make sure you sign your name in the comments.

Sincerely,
Skybird
:rotfl:

Just for that go green.:rotfl: :rotfl:

Onkel Neal
08-02-06, 03:12 PM
:o Wow, you did it! Yay, Steed!

Kapitan
08-02-06, 03:14 PM
Thats ok neal we will all leave you believeing that dont worry your "little friends" those nice men who wearing those white coats will be here soon, i think its time to put your jacket on its quite cold out today.

Onkel Neal
08-02-06, 03:18 PM
Hmmm... apparently, the more rep you have, the more your rep points count. So a rep vote by a guy with really good rep gives one a bigger boost than a rep vote by a guy with low or bad rep. You just counteracted bad rep by small-timers like Drebbel, Gizz, and Oberon :smug:

Kapitan
08-02-06, 03:19 PM
lol mean

STEED
08-02-06, 03:26 PM
Go Green. :D :D

Linton
08-02-06, 05:05 PM
How negative can you go on this stupid assinine and childish system?Who will be the first bad boy rather than the inky swot?:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Why do I have to spread reputation around rather than give it to the same person again?I might not want to!!!!!

Gizzmoe
08-02-06, 10:19 PM

It would be easier if youīd just enable "Can See Who Left User Ratings" in the usergroup manager. :)

Ducimus
08-02-06, 10:33 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Neal Stevens again.

BAH! So i dinged Steed (cause we can't have someone running around with 3 green dots! Ohhh no! Sorry mate, nothing personal! ehheheh) and bumped Gizmoe up a little, and i still can't ding Neal again! BAH i say!

Ducimus
08-02-06, 10:53 PM
It just occured to me that this reputation system is contrieved, and more or less unneccessary.I mean seriously, reputation system or no, i think everybody here already has a reputation. You develop one when you frequent any forum community for any length of time.

People remember/know you by your views,actions, and manorisms regardless of the color of box by your name. Over time, everyone gets a pretty good idea on how others will react to various topics. You can have 10 red boxes with a tooltip highlight that reads, "Is a bottom feeding scum sucking algea eater", but people will already have their opinion of you (good or bad) regardless of what the little box says.

STEED
08-03-06, 04:06 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Neal Stevens again.

BAH! So i dinged Steed (cause we can't have someone running around with 3 green dots! Ohhh no! Sorry mate,

So what, I could not give a hoot put me in the red if you want I am not interested. We are not getting free money or tokens for the greatest number of green blocks. :rotfl:

Linton
08-03-06, 04:12 AM
Steed I agree with you totally.I shall not give anybody any reputation points.Hopefully it will have an early death and go away

STEED
08-03-06, 04:36 AM
I think most of the forum members are not interested in this system, it looks like a flop. I am now bored with it and I rather read the forum instead of trying to work out who gets red and green blocks.

:ahoy: :()1:

Wilko
08-03-06, 05:49 AM
Gotta agree, apperntly I know which way is north now... what does that mean? :rotfl:

Winston
08-03-06, 08:40 AM
Well if you don't know what it means I'd say that statement is a tad erroneous :lol:

STEED
08-03-06, 01:01 PM
The blocks have gone. :yep: Well I am pleased well done Neal. :up:

Peace in our time. :()1:

Takeda Shingen
08-03-06, 02:03 PM

And you said that you didn't care.

Herman
08-03-06, 03:19 PM

Now that the green blocks are gone, how am I supposed to give Good Reputation for this message? ;) :rotfl:

STEED
08-03-06, 03:28 PM

And you said that you didn't care.

I don't if Neal brings them back so be.

STEED
08-03-06, 03:30 PM

Now that the green blocks are gone, how am I supposed to give Good Reputation for this message? ;) :rotfl:

I shall take that you are glad they are gone.:up:

I know Drebbel will be pleased.

Linton
08-03-06, 05:44 PM
Good bye coloured blocks ,don't bother coming back.http://www.brusselsflowerexpress.com/b_28.jpg

Sulikate
08-03-06, 06:12 PM
Poor green blocks... mine was so lonely (I had just one:arrgh!:)... he may be in a better place now:cry:

Herman
08-03-06, 06:45 PM
Overall, I think that the Little Greep Pip episode was handled well.

Admin tried something new, the membership expressed their opinion, the Admin listened, and it was removed.

It speaks well for all those involved. :up: :yep:

Wilko
08-04-06, 02:38 AM
Well if you don't know what it means I'd say that statement is a tad erroneous :lol:

:rotfl: woulda rep'd ya for that

TteFAboB
08-04-06, 07:18 AM
It wasn't all bad you know. The comments were anonymous. I had my go sending these anonymous comments around. If you got an intelligent, sound, logical, decent rep. comment on one of your posts, it probably came from me.

... :lol: :shifty: :nope: :roll: Not really.

Drebbel
08-05-06, 01:58 AM
YES ! BBURP is dead :rock:

Sorry Neal. The lines you wrote where real funny, nothing wrong with those. But the system was simply me appreciated ny some. Of course I liked it all the time, sorry to see that it has been disabled again :-?