PDA

View Full Version : Japan or USA?

Flakwalker
07-23-06, 02:50 PM
Will be posible to use Japanese submarines or USA ones?

Safe-Keeper
07-23-06, 02:51 PM
At the moment, it appears you will only be able to drive American submarines.

Flakwalker
07-23-06, 02:56 PM
Ah, at first was said that it was a Japanese one, will be great if both posibilities are added.

Safe-Keeper
07-23-06, 03:44 PM
If Ubi is any smart, they make the game moddable enough to allow the community to make new subs playable. Then the community can just add Japanese and British submarines themselves.

STEED
07-23-06, 05:49 PM
If Ubi is any smart, they make the game moddable enough to allow the community to make new subs playable. Then the community can just add Japanese and British submarines themselves.

Sounds like a good idea.:up:

NEON DEON
07-23-06, 06:05 PM
I would like the opportunity to play both sides.

I would enjoy trying to sneak into San Francisco Bay in December of 1941 and wreak havoc.

Torplexed
07-23-06, 08:21 PM

I would enjoy trying to sneak into San Francisco Bay in December of 1941 and wreak havoc.
Wouldn't you rather sneak into Los Angeles harbour and wreak havoc as in a certain famous Spielberg movie? ;)

HOLLYWOOOD!

http://zioxville.homestead.com/files/1941.jpg

NEON DEON
07-23-06, 09:07 PM

Wouldn't you rather sneak into Los Angeles harbour and wreak havoc as in a certain famous Spielberg movie? ;)

HOLLYWOOOD!

http://zioxville.homestead.com/files/1941.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Yes that was "1942"

Christopher Lee, Slim Pickens, Robert Stack, Dan Ackroid, John Belushi.

Great film!:|\\

My favorite line was when they captured Slim Pickens and they were trying to get his huge 1930s era radio down the sub hatch and one of the japanese sailors turns and says to the other sailor. "After the war, we have to find way to make these things smaller."

Sneaking up to Santa Monica pier and blasting the Ferris wheel would be kewl too!:up:

Drebbel
07-24-06, 01:47 AM

Sounds like a good idea.:up:

Hmmmm, without Allied enemy forces it would be a tedious thing imho.

Safe-Keeper
07-24-06, 08:24 AM
Hmmmm, without Allied enemy forces it would be a tedious thing imho.Fine, then mod those too;).

buck28
07-31-06, 05:50 PM
How about a Japanese one man sub sailing into Pearl Harbor? Talk about a suicide mission..........:hmm:

ME$$ENGER
07-31-06, 05:53 PM
How about letting your pilot a kaiten? Just joking. :lol:

Torplexed
07-31-06, 07:25 PM

The developers would probably love it from a labor standpoint. Instead of having to model numerous compartments and create a a 3-D crew...you only have to create one...and the player is the crew. :D

Sulikate
07-31-06, 08:14 PM
How about a Japanese one man sub sailing into Pearl Harbor? Talk about a suicide mission..........:hmm:
I heard about them... Not a bad idea in theory, but it didn't work as it seems.

Pants
07-31-06, 08:45 PM
I just hope they allow you to choose your side...That would open all kinds of doors for mod teams...just think of the possiblities, US sub, Japanese, russian, german, english, french and if it was backwards compatable you could merge both sh3 and sh4 and have a sim that spans the WHOLE world not just operational theaters.

Ducimus
07-31-06, 11:18 PM
Honestly, i hope its only playable on one side.

The reason is, id rather the developers focus on getting at least ONE SUB DONE RIGHT THROUGH AND THROUGH, INSIDE AND OUT.

The more "options" you toss at them, the more dilluted their focus will be, the less attention to detail you'll get as a result. Look no further then Sh3 for an example, half the stuff they had planned doesnt work or didnt make it in.

Godalmighty83
08-01-06, 08:09 AM
only one side might as well mean rerelease sh3 but give the characters yank accents.

we need more options ands depth in gameplay.

Onkel Neal
08-01-06, 05:28 PM

The developers would probably love it from a labor standpoint. Instead of having to model numerous compartments and create a a 3-D crew...you only have to create one...and the player is the crew. :D

...and the missions would only be 1/2 as long.:doh:

Driftwood
08-01-06, 05:41 PM
only one side might as well mean rerelease sh3 but give the characters yank accents.

What accents? We don't have accents, but you guys do!:rotfl:

Safe-Keeper
08-01-06, 05:45 PM
I'm all for having only one side. Then if they want to, which they hopefully will, they can add a Destroyer Command expansion pack.

And, of course, if the game's moddable enough, we fans will just make all the AI ships and perhaps even planes and shore defenses/vehicles playable. There was a mod for Combat Flight Simulator 3 that allowed you to drive around in fully working tanks. There was a modification for the fighter simulator X-Wing Alliance that let you fly Star Destroyers (albeit not in a very good way:cry:). It's not impossible.

Sailor Steve
08-01-06, 08:18 PM

...and you only get one successful mission per career.:dead:

Ducimus
08-01-06, 08:37 PM
Look at the bright side, your garunteed a brand new boat at the start of that career :D

Subnuts
08-01-06, 08:50 PM

If SH3 was a Pacific sim, and SH4 an Atlantic sim, wouldn't that make SH4 just SH3 with German accents?

Torplexed
08-01-06, 09:08 PM

Which would make it......

the perfect subject for a demo. :yep: