PDA

View Full Version : Prey

kiwi_2005
07-21-06, 07:20 AM
Anyone playing this game, pretty cool, think of Doom 3 but with out the scary bits but still weird & blood and guts. Prey is a FPS, you play as a Cheerokee indian living on a reservation who wants to take his girlfriend out of ther reserve and start a better life - meanwhile his crazy grandfather is talking in tounges about "a storm a coming" Yet hes not as crazy as he sounds, you get yourself in a pub brawl when some gang member make fun of your girlfriend then moments later all lights go off and you guessed it Aliens have beam you your woman and grand dad into there mothership. You then discover the aliens are turning humans into creatures or whateva they suppose to be.

Prey is awesome yet just dont expect realistic weapons etc., this is really a fun shooter with lots of blood and guts and F words. lol.

:arrgh!:

NeonSamurai
07-21-06, 08:32 AM
Ya it was ok, though i didnt think it lived up to the hype, nothing exactly revolutionary in it, more just a collection of gimics.

SUBMAN1
07-21-06, 10:59 PM
Ya it was ok, though i didnt think it lived up to the hype, nothing exactly revolutionary in it, more just a collection of gimics.

hahahaha! All that from a game that is what? 10 years in the making? Sad. If you want a good laugh, go here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8058336897463815214

kiwi_2005
07-23-06, 03:32 PM
10 yrs in the making! Yeah im about half way now and the thrill has weared off, this is the Doom 3 engine they're using, wonder how many engines they changed during the development. Now i can't load my save game!:damn: and theres no patch out:damn: :damn: :damn:

SUBMAN1
07-23-06, 04:38 PM
10 yrs in the making! Yeah im about half way now and the thrill has weared off, this is the Doom 3 engine they're using, wonder how many engines they changed during the development. Now i can't load my save game!:damn: and theres no patch out:damn: :damn: :damn:

Nice.

At least you didn't do like I did - I bought myself an Uber computer to play cool games, and now there isn't any games that i want to play that can use it. Finished Oblivion. Not too excited to play Prey because its just a Doom 3 engine. Dunno.

-S

spork542
07-27-06, 04:51 PM
Battlefield 2?

NeonSamurai
07-28-06, 11:54 AM
Split the thread here as it goes off topic to a totaly different game (armed assault, aka Operation Flashpoint 2)

SUBMAN1
07-30-06, 02:54 PM
Well, I played Prey, and played it from beginning to end in like 5 hours! Ouch! Not worth the $50, and is basically a normal shooter with some story and cool grav effects put it. As I walk away from it, I am feeling rather disappointed however.

-S