PDA

View Full Version : Favorite part of Silent Hunter

fullmetaledges
07-20-06, 09:33 PM
Call me crazy but my fav part of the original silent hunter was the diving and surfacing klaxon's. Diving and surfacing are what make submarines, submarines. I would hope in sh4 for the diving sequence to be a little more realistic, with a "lookouts clear the bridge, diving officer submerge the boat." and maybe a dialogue about all the vents being closed. Also I would like to see a working christmas tree display.

Wilko
07-21-06, 02:38 AM
Yeah having the call "Green board" and the klaxon would be good wouldn't it :up:

Rosencrantz
07-22-06, 03:29 AM
I agree, fullmetal! :yep:

-RC-

Sulikate
07-22-06, 08:57 AM
I agree too.

Sailor Steve
07-22-06, 10:57 AM
SHII's 'Pacific Aces' mod had all those sounds, taken from various movies (U-571 was actually good for something). It was easy to transfer the 'Das Boot Sound Mod' files for SHIII; it should be equally easy to do it for SHIV.

I just hope SHIV has a 'Surface Sequence', so we can use the equally cool PA file for that: "Stand by to surface! Lookouts and gun crews, stand by to man your stations!" AOOOGAH! AOOOGAH! AOOOGAH! "Surface! Surface!" DBSM had a cool one as well, but SHIII doesn't have a 'Surface Sequence' to use it with.:damn:

Rosencrantz
07-22-06, 06:09 PM
Just thinking, how important sound environment really is for immersion. That's one thing which can actually make you feel "not so lonely" when playing. And as Steve wrote, there really should be also the surface sequence.

-RC-

vodkaphile
07-24-06, 10:23 PM
Sound and text to me are more important than the graphics.

They add so much immersion and with text you can add so many little details.

WilhelmSchulz.
08-06-06, 07:11 PM
Also have diff voice tones for diff situnations. For ex. A blood curdling "CLEAR THE BRIGE!!!!!!!!!" when under attack and just "Clear The Brige" when standerd diving.:hmm: