PDA

View Full Version : U-BOAT WAR by Lothar-Gunther Buchheim

Henry Wood
07-13-06, 04:06 AM
I hope no one minds me mentioning that 'U-BOAT WAR' by Lothar-Gunther Buchheim, the author of 'Das Boot', is on offer on eBay UK. So far there are no bids and it is standing at the opening price of GBP 2.00 plus GBP 4.95 postage. There are only 6 hours left so someone may get quite a bargain.

It is a huge photo book weighing 1.5kg with the most engrossing pics of U-Boat life I have ever seen. I bought a copy of this book some years ago and it is a U-Boat book I would never part with, and I don't even lend it out in case I don't get it back!

(I've no connection with the seller and came across the book during my frequent eBay searches for 'u-boat' stuff.)

Sailor Steve
07-13-06, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the heads-up.

nikimcbee
07-17-06, 07:30 PM
I own it, great book:rock: :rock: :rock:

P_Funk
07-20-06, 04:31 AM
I've read it. It's basically a non-fiction versionof "Das Boot". It has the pictures from the cruise. There's even a section where they have rondomly encountered another u-boat in the middle of the oceean just as it is in the book abd movie. There's even a picture. Lots and lots of pictures. It's kind of like the Das Boot companion photo book. You even get a good look at the Captain's mug.