PDA

View Full Version : Release date?

jericho791
07-09-06, 05:16 PM
So I went to gamespot and saw a review for SH4. It says the release date is Q4 2006. :huh: I don't know if any of you have better info, but I remember when SH3 was coming out in Q4 of '04. Then it got moved to Q2 of '05

Drebbel
07-10-06, 02:14 AM
At the moment the release date might be Q1 2007.

Remember that Ubisoft still did not officially announce SHIV, so there is a long way to go, and is is 100% sure it will not be released in Q4 2006 !

trenken
07-10-06, 02:07 PM
Actually we don't even know for sure if this game is ever coming out until they officially announce it.

Drebbel
07-10-06, 06:07 PM
Actually we don't even know for sure if this game is ever coming out until they officially announce it.

There arre rumours about when and where they will announce it ;)

Wilko
07-11-06, 02:23 AM
Yes there is rumours about them rumours :rotfl:

Drebbel
07-11-06, 02:38 AM
Too bad you did not understand the hint :D

Wilko
07-11-06, 04:26 AM
Actualy I figuered you were in the know about it but at this point couldn't say and if we keep a eye on the front page or here we would soon find out .. I also figurered a bit of humour never hurt anyone.. my mistake :nope:

Drebbel
07-11-06, 05:09 AM
I laughed when I read your mail, but hey, was still early :D

I think this frontpage wil probably not the first to report the official announcement. Normally they give that news first to big commercial websites and magazines.

Wilko
07-11-06, 06:21 AM
Hmmm ... I spose you are right in the majors getting it first but still I think this joint should be the 1st as this is where the players are :yep:

Drebbel
07-11-06, 06:24 AM
Hmmm ... as this is where the players are :yep:

SOME of the players of course. French/German/Italian/Polisch/Japanese/Spanisch speaking people normally hang out elsewhere. The have dedicated communities so it is too bad the subsim forums do not appeal to them as to many others.

Wilko
07-11-06, 06:48 AM
Yes you are right.. there is a world full of players out there and this is one part of them, surely this is where most come for the latest news on what the modders are up to..

anyway I hope this place is included in the first batch of press releases as most of us will be waiting for news and reviews by people that actually like and understand a subsim. I remember reading a review by some guy for SHIII that was very funny cause he had no clue on what to do but the way he wrote it had tears streaming down my face in laughter but it didn't exactly give me much of a idea on how good the actual game was... I must go find that review and read it again.

edit

found it

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/588/588809p1.html

:rotfl:

jericho791
07-11-06, 07:38 AM
I read the article, it is pretty funny :lol: I can't believe that was supposed to be a game review.:huh:

Magua
07-11-06, 03:36 PM
My bets are on a release date for hmmmmmm.....December 7th...the day of Infamy

Just add any year of your choice to the above date....:up:

finchOU
07-14-06, 05:13 PM
Well, if they use the same engine, and add do nothing other than graphics up grades.....:down: ...it could be out in a couple of months....but my question is ....what can we expect in the way of new stuff (I'm assuming it will be the same engine as SH3....but no news, that I know of, has come out on new features.....hmmm:hmm:

Tonnage_Ace
07-15-06, 06:25 AM
Seems odd that we haven't heard anything about the game during this year's E3. Not a single screenshot or trailer. Could come out this December 7th...but it may be next year's.

Tigrone
07-15-06, 04:59 PM
Dec. 7, 2007. They just assembled the design team. Real programming probably won't start for months.

Wilko
07-15-06, 07:06 PM
I thought Oct this year was the favoured date :hmm:

Wulfmann
07-22-06, 05:05 PM
I have a dream!

I dream that SH4 comes out when it is truly finished and is so correct it never needs a patch.
Not a single post of any problem suggesting it needs a patch.

I have a dream that the first group of people that buy SH4 are not beta testers that have paid for the privilege of being frustrated.

If I am wrong it won’t be a dream but another agonizing nightmare of constant testing and rebuilding.

I would rather have a dream and have it come true so hope it is released when my dream comes true and not a day sooner!

Wulfmann

_Seth_
07-22-06, 06:21 PM
What do you think: Is there any chance SHIV is just an addon to SHIII, or will it be a stand-alone game? Will it in that case be compatible with SHIII? ;)

docnobby
07-22-06, 09:15 PM
SOME of the players of course. French/German/Italian/Polisch/Japanese/Spanisch speaking people normally hang out elsewhere. The have dedicated communities so it is too bad the subsim forums do not appeal to them as to many others.

You mean there are other websites but subim on the inernet?! C'mon man, don't fool me! :huh:

Okay, I'm german, but I don't like those "communities"! They don't understand my mad, sarcastic comments... always think im joking or something... Muahahaharh! :arrgh!:

Wilko
07-22-06, 10:25 PM
Yeah this joint is No1 in my book, the community is what makes it :up:

cobalt
07-22-06, 11:43 PM
at least 08, 09

gmuno
07-25-06, 07:28 AM
If 07 not playable, if 08 big bugs, if 09 fewer bugs, but a good campaignsystem is missing :D

Magua
07-26-06, 10:18 AM
Released on December 7, 2008

An awesome sim with help by modders.....December 7, 2009....:rock: