PDA

View Full Version : Please dont fudge Ai submarines and Aircraft this time

JU_88
07-02-06, 10:17 AM
Im not worried about the AI ships that the devs will include in SHIV as Im sure they will model all the important ones.

AI submarines and aircraft is what i would worry about.

Look at SH3, No AI subs at all :damn: Where are all the fantastic british S and T class boats? not to mention I hated being the only Uboat in the entire world. Wolfpacks or not, lack of AI submarines hurt SH3 badly.
I hope to got they include them this time round, I really want the chance to see a huge I-400 though my Gato's scope.
Lack of Ai subs In SHIV is a bit of a deal breaker for me. (when i say AI subs, I dont nessarily mean wolf packs)

And what of aircraft?
Ugly, super low detailed models, very basic AI, making up in numbers for what they lacked in intelligents.
lack of variety in ordinance (where are the torpedos, rockets and cannons?)

Some incorrect aircraft types included in SH3. We have the Hurricane and P38 Lightning attacking Uboats :down: - whilst the most historically common ASW aircraft like the beaufighter, Hudson and mosquito were missing! This shows poor research, even SH2 did a better job in this department.

These are the things the devs are more lightly to overlook or fudge. I really hope they get it right this time:lol: ....

Safe-Keeper
07-02-06, 02:31 PM
Agreed. I want AI subs and craft that use torpedoes (fired accurately), and fighters that don't routinely run each others down like Battlefield 1942 griefers on vodka. And get us some bloody dogfights and superiority fighters.