PDA

View Full Version : Crew management

Safe-Keeper
06-24-06, 09:32 PM
How should crew management be handled in Silent Hunter IV?

I think there should be pre-set shifts, and some preset configurations like "Battle Stations", "Diving stations", "All hands forward/aft", etc.

I still think you should have the option of dragging-and-dropping for micro-management when you want to, but it should not really be required. You should be able to play through most patrols without doing it without the boat stopping because the crew in compartment x is too tired or torpedoes aren't getting loaded or whatever.

And due to the automatic shift system, you can have fatigue work realistically instead of only having it drain while on low time compression.

TonyPiech
12-14-06, 05:33 PM
Any answers to the post from Safe-Keeper? Crew management was one of my major concerns in SHIII; I had to always fiddle-around moving personnel in and out of quarters, hopefully some options exit in SHIV to allieviate this chore.

NoLine
12-14-06, 06:19 PM
looks like there ll be 3 shifts, seen in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSrzv6RbJo0) (near the end)

cheers
NoLine

bookworm_020
12-14-06, 07:09 PM
It was answered in the in patrol video, You can set three shifts for each station in the boat. This will help overcome the problems that SHIII had with crew management.

Can't wait for SHIV!:rock: