PDA

View Full Version : Operation Flashpoint 2?

SUBMAN1
06-19-06, 04:28 PM
Whats the news on Operation Flashpoint 2? This is one game I am dying to have over anything else. I just pray that it is not dumbed down for consoles.

-S

CB..
06-19-06, 05:07 PM
allmost certainly it will be if it appears---all in the name of progress--(i hope not tho)--
ironically perhaps regarding console games i have a copy of "Hidden and Dangerous" for the old sega Dreamcast console--and this was a direct port from the PC game with no dumbing down and brilliantly ALL the bugs removed --ALL of them --what a stunning game that is.. absolutely 100% spot on in every department from start to finsh--HUGE game--

and Hidden and Dangerous Two..??? is an utterly generic run of the mill FPS WW2 shoot em up--no idea why they even used the name "Hidden and Dangerous"
i never finished the second mission---bored me to tears--

i've played the first version on my old and extremely battered dreamcast console four or five time right thru---every time it grips you like a vice ..stunning..some one should re-port the dreamcast version back onto the PC and sell it--as the normal PC version requires so many patches before it will run at all that it's not worth the effort--the dreamcast job is 100% perfection

Egan
06-19-06, 05:26 PM
Whats the news on Operation Flashpoint 2? This is one game I am dying to have over anything else. I just pray that it is not dumbed down for consoles.

-S

Well, it's really Opflash 1.5 and called 'Armed Assault' now. Heavilly modified version of the original engine, huge island (400sqmiles!) with missions generated on the fly by the huge ongoing war. Not sure of the release date, though.

SUBMAN1
06-19-06, 08:01 PM
We will see I guess. I looked at some of the screenshots and I doubt that is the exact same engine??? The graphics look like they need a super rig just to display them! I hate waiting.

-S

PS. Dreamcast deal - Goes to show you that they can release a bug free game!

Hellcat
06-19-06, 08:44 PM

-S
Well, it's really Opflash 1.5 and called 'Armed Assault' now. Heavilly modified version of the original engine, huge island (400sqmiles!) with missions generated on the fly by the huge ongoing war. Not sure of the release date, though.

There is "Armed Assault" which is made by the same team as Operation Flashpoint... (Bohemia Interactive)

There is also a "Operation Flashpoint 2" which is being published by Codemasters who released the first game...

They are 2 different titles, by 2 different developers/publishers

SUBMAN1
06-19-06, 09:02 PM
Give me either one please! I hunger for that type of gameplay again!

-S

Highbury
06-19-06, 09:06 PM

-S

There is "Armed Assault" which is made by the same team as Operation Flashpoint... (Bohemia Interactive)

There is also a "Operation Flashpoint 2" which is being published by Codemasters who released the first game...

And just to clarify a bit further, the Operation Flashpoint player's are almost all of the opinion that Armed Assault is the true sequel.

NeonSamurai
06-19-06, 10:27 PM
If thats true im definatly gona get that one when/if it comes out :) Gamespot has it listed as Q3 2006 for release (eu release date)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/armedassault/index.html?q=armed%20assault

SUBMAN1
06-19-06, 10:43 PM

-S

And just to clarify a bit further, the Operation Flashpoint player's are almost all of the opinion that Armed Assault is the true sequel.

That may be, but you will know for sure which one is better when they are both released. Personally, both of them are right down my alley, which means I will happily purchase both of them and have some good gaming ahead!

-S