PDA

View Full Version : They've stolen ANOTHER submarine...

TLAM Strike
05-12-06, 10:33 PM
Well they are trying to at least...

Saw this new book in the book isle at Tops. I read half the blurb and put it back...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/051514052X/sr=8-1/qid=1147490962/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-1573390-4904165?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Driftwood
05-13-06, 06:09 AM
I find it ironic that the author named an attack boat after a peace and civil rights activist. :-?

Oberon
05-13-06, 06:18 AM
Christ, if we don't get some half decent plots soon I'm gonna have to write to Putin and ask him to reform the Soviet Union! :damn: :damn:

STEED
05-13-06, 07:32 AM
I find it ironic that the author named an attack boat after a peace and civil rights activist. :-?

Well said.

TLAM Strike
05-13-06, 08:50 AM
I find it ironic that the author named an attack boat after a peace and civil rights activist. :-? I find it dumb not ironic. The Hyman G. Rickover set a bad precedent. The USN Naming scheme has gone all to hell. :damn: :damn: :damn:

Bill Nichols
05-13-06, 08:54 AM
Christ, if we don't get some half decent plots soon I'm gonna have to write to Putin and ask him to reform the Soviet Union! :damn: :damn:

He's trying the best he can, but simply doesn't have the cash. I'm placing my hopes on the Chinese :know:

DAB
05-14-06, 11:24 AM
How does one get a book published today. I hear its very difficult, yet I see some of these storylines and wonder...

Sailor Steve
05-14-06, 04:02 PM

Well said.
Several of the Boomers were named for non-military types: Mark Twain, Will Rogers, even King Kamehameha. I have no problem with MLK, though I think they would have included the Junior.

GreyOctober
05-15-06, 06:07 AM
Wasnt there a scandal about naming an USN ship "Princess Diana"? And i belive it was a sub too. I find this equally dumb if not ironic.

lesrae
05-15-06, 06:59 AM
Wasnt there a scandal about naming an USN ship "Princess Diana"? And i belive it was a sub too. I find this equally dumb if not ironic.

I believe that was an April's Fool joke :-j

GreyOctober
05-15-06, 07:16 AM
Oh really?! Bastardz!!!! :-j

Herman
05-15-06, 05:20 PM
Mind you, if you read Rogue Warrior or Red Cell by Richard Marcinko, the possibility of gaining access to either an SSN or SSBN isn't / wasn't all that difficult.

Now, stealing one and driving it away is another matter altogether.

TLAM Strike
05-15-06, 06:02 PM
Mind you, if you read Rogue Warrior or Red Cell by Richard Marcinko, the possibility of gaining access to either an SSN or SSBN isn't / wasn't all that difficult.

Eh this guy did in real life. (http://www.submarinesailor.com/stories/ZuluFiveOscar.htm) :rotfl:

Herman
05-15-06, 08:14 PM
You really made my day with that! Thanks. :up:

azreark1
08-15-06, 11:44 PM
you know guys, how about we all start a thread and put together an awesome plot for a book and we write our own book?!

azreark1
08-16-06, 03:52 AM
haha nevermind, after coming up with that idea the wheels started rolling in my head and i have already started writing out characters and objects that are going to be used in the story role. with whats going on in the world today i'v come up with the idea of using Us(ofcourse), Russia(only there to supply iran and china with supply's, besides how can you have a good naval warfare bad guy without the russian navy), China, and the Iranian navy. now i'm not a big one on ranks in the navy, like my dads retired army so i'm somewhat familiar with it all but exact chain of command and how all that goes i'm going to need help with, probably some help from you guys over seas with how things work over there (maybe even someone in the russian navy). now i'm still working on the story line trying to make up something that has not been used in a story so far (so many get re-used its not even funny). anyways thats about the jist of it so far...keep me posted.

also at the current moment i need normal ranks for the following MOS's and positions. Sonar Operator, Engineer(any kind...i'm probably going to need a couple especially on a SSN), Weapons Officer, Cook, COB, Helmsman, Navigator, and probably some carrier strike groups (deployed or not doesn't matter).

SkvyWvr
08-16-06, 08:35 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: