PDA

View Full Version : USS Ticonderoga Defender of Liberty

hachiman
05-02-06, 03:07 PM
Hi

Recently got USS Ticonderoga and ain't got a clue how to make it run.
It's a DOS game and that don't mean anything me.
I've installed dosbox and the game'but can't get it to launch as again i have'nt got a clue. :-j

Any help?

jumpy
05-02-06, 05:34 PM
Bah! DosBox :down: DOS is the opperating system that came before 'windows as we know them, Jim' [/bones] so is not really compatible with today's computers, unless your idea of modern is a 486 or even a 386 :lol:
I tried to get Elite and Elite2 Frontiers to run in XP with no luck whatsoever. The other option was to use an amiga emulator to run them... which I couldn't get to work either! :lol:
The elite fanclub homepage http://www.eliteclub.co.uk/ (google elite for more) and their FAQ link to some places which show you how to edit you registry, amongst other things, in order to get these old games to run.
Too much like hard work there, even though it's a great game.

GreyOctober
05-05-06, 10:32 AM
OMG I used to play this back in 96! Great game :up: but ofcourse i wouldt touch it now, id rather play minesweeper :lol:

Cheers!

philbill
07-11-06, 10:46 AM
Playing a game with DosBox is quite straightforward.
You just need to mount the game as a drive with the mount command.
I am playing Action Stations whith it and GNB which i could not get to work properly before. I would be happy to give assistance if required.
Phil

SUBMAN1
07-11-06, 11:16 PM
OMG I used to play this back in 96! Great game :up: but ofcourse i wouldt touch it now, id rather play minesweeper :lol:

Cheers!

Same! loved it too!

Let me through a couple other at you - how about the Pagasus game? There is another that I forgot the name too - having brain block. Bb in a sec - need to go find it.

-S

SUBMAN1
07-11-06, 11:19 PM
I can't find it. It is probably more likely that I can't remember the name, than it not listed on this site. I did find PHM Pegasus though!

[Link Removed]

-S

bradclark1
07-12-06, 07:27 PM
Might want to edit that link. Neal gets testy over that being listed.

NeonSamurai
07-13-06, 10:59 AM
Sorry "abandonware" is technicaly piracy even though the company has droped the game from store shelves, unless the rightholders have given their consent to have the software available as freeware. So link removed :)

SUBMAN1
07-13-06, 01:25 PM
Oops!