PDA

View Full Version : Tesseraction Games - President Resigns

Jesper
05-02-06, 02:44 PM
Kelly Asay of Tesseraction Games announces resignation and cancellation of several projects. Blake Hutchins was announced as the new President to take control in 120 days. Tesseraction Games is the producer of the Naval War Sim game called Enigma: Rising Tide.
May 1, 2006, 14:14

Source (http://tidesofwar.net/articlemanager/publish/article_59.php)

EAST
05-08-06, 05:07 PM
I got a better send off to reform school.... :roll:

Jamie
05-12-06, 06:32 PM
The future for Asay and his crew at Tesseraction Games however looks bright. Asay stated that he was in the process of setting up his own studios but offered no further comment . Confidential sources report that Asay's move out of the Presidency has in fact opened a new opportunity. Asay stated that Tesseraction games was heading in a new direction and getting out of the business of direct game development. No further information was forthcoming.

Sounds like "work for hire"? Which brings me to the question...

Were these Tesseraction's game dev services that were being auctioned off (http://cgi.ebay.com/Video-Game-Development-Team_W0QQitemZ8278223283QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem)?

That was a very cool PR/marketing ploy, methinks. :sunny:

Drebbel
05-12-06, 07:41 PM
I got a better send off to reform school.... :roll:

Just take a Cabo Wabo and smile towards the future mate :-)

Drebbel

EAST
05-15-06, 11:17 AM
One day, we'll toast with a CW again Drebbel.

Jamie
05-15-06, 02:39 PM
Sorry if I crossed the line with the eBay post... I was just hoping to satisfy my curiousity... apologize for that, Kelly. :oops:

I wish you the very best in whatever you choose to do! Sometimes it works out for the better, and the game community is fortunate enough that the talent moves on to cultivate ideas at other locales. I certainly hope that is the case with you, Kelly! :up:

Good luck! :yep:

EAST
05-16-06, 10:45 AM
Hi Jamie,

You certainly didn't cross the line. The ebay thing was an offer for my new team actually. It was primarily a publicity move, but getting a bid would have been ok too.

Tesseraction is heading a different direction than I am, no room for new development there. I've got a loyal and talented team and am in the process of getting a new studio together.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, really appreciate it.

--Kelly 'East' Asay

turnerg
05-17-06, 02:52 PM
Long time no see EAST! Good luck on the new studio.

A question for you: I'm currently in the Marines, but i have tons of time to take online courses and the such during my off-post hours. When I'm done here, I'd really like to head toward the Computer Game Development industry. I was wondering what sort of qualifications someone as yourself would require to bring someone onto a company, so i can start getting myself in the right classes now. As much time as i spend screwing with other games, im thinking it might be even more fun to help make one :hmm:

Perhaps there'll be a closer subclub meet this time around, hope to see you there if you make it!

EAST
05-18-06, 10:33 AM
Hey Turnerg, good to hear from you.

Congrats on joining the marines, and thanks for your service. Never let them see you sweat!

If you are intending to be a programmer:

C++ is a must
take SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (not just programming)
Take as much (and as advanced) math as you can handle.
Learn about rendering systems

Some companies require degrees, many don't. If you can code, if you can do the math and you understand the framework, principals and disciplines required for whatever level position you are shooting for, you will get the job.

Art:

Max, Maya, Photoshop.
Shaders and Shader languages
MaxScript
MotionBuilder
Flash (interfaces can be built with it now and converted for game engine use)
MANUAL ART SKILLS (Color Theory, etc.)

We have a history of giving under-dogs a shot, we aren't alone. You would be welcome; after marine bootcamp, a job interview will be nothing.

--Kelly 'East' Asay

donut
05-26-06, 08:11 PM
Glad to see that you got that you earned. EAST :rock:

EAST
05-29-06, 12:50 PM
Not sure what you mean donut.