PDA

View Full Version : Taskforce 1942 (DOSgame)

HS
04-28-06, 03:50 PM
Since WW2 surface combat simulations don't seem to be focused by contemporary game developers I'm toying with the idea to buy the above mentioned game, which was obviously released in 1992. The screeshots are looking quit good for such an old game. Has anyone made experiences with this game? Will it work with DOSBox?

Thank you.

http://www.german-navy.de/games/tf1942/screenshots.html

Tanyrhiew
04-30-06, 02:09 PM
runs fine with dosbox - still the best ww2 surface naval sim out there unfortunately. Its worth it for the campaign alone

HS
05-01-06, 12:27 PM
Thanks for your feedback! :D

feuerzeug
08-04-07, 03:55 PM
hi,

i remember my old days and want to install tf1942. all floppydisks are or but diskA is not readable. i tried hours with badcopy pro. can somone send me disk A to ...

I found it. so now fighting with dosbox.

regards

uwe

Overkill
08-08-07, 07:39 PM
I still have fond memories of the game. Wish someone would make an updated version.

kondor999
07-21-08, 06:46 PM
I agree 100%. It was great fun and realistic as well. I loved the overhead playable map view. Fighting Steel's interface is such a mess by comparison.

I can't find a copy anywhere. I think it's in a storeroom I rent maybe. Any chance someone could email me a zipped-up install directory?

runs fine with dosbox - still the best ww2 surface naval sim out there unfortunately. Its worth it for the campaign alone

Bearcat
08-17-08, 07:44 PM
I agree 100%. It was great fun and realistic as well. I loved the overhead playable map view. Fighting Steel's interface is such a mess by comparison.

I can't find a copy anywhere. I think it's in a storeroom I rent maybe. Any chance someone could email me a zipped-up install directory?

Email me , I believe I still have the complete box for this game.

Mark

nikimcbee
09-16-08, 05:54 PM
Are there AI subs in the game?

Raptor1
09-16-08, 10:56 PM
Are there AI subs in the game?

No

One of the sadly missing features

Still a really good game though

Cygnus65
09-23-08, 05:46 PM
I picked this game up on Ebay and discovered disk 3 won't read. Is there anyplace I can get it?

-JB

nikimcbee
02-01-09, 12:46 PM
don't the disks loose their magnization over time?

Sonarman
02-01-09, 02:32 PM
If ever a game deserved a graphical update it's this one, and in terms of its interface it is indeed much better than the GNB series/Fighting Steel & even Jutland. A superb game.