PDA

View Full Version : DC Original files

cbrown
03-21-06, 10:22 PM
A few years ago, I modified DC from the files found around this site. One mod was a high res bridge that didn't work and crashed the game everytime I went there. In order for the game to work, I loaded the open bridge mod. Now I would like to go back to the original bridge look, but I don't know what files they are.
I did back up my old files and have made several attempts, but it never seems to work out.

What are these files called and where are these files located?

Thanks.

Hitman
03-23-06, 04:34 AM
If you kept all the graphic files, you could easily revert by renaming the file that tells the game what background to load and where to place gauges, etc. Those files are located in the Destroyer Command/Sim/DSF folder, and then in the subfolder of the screen res you are using (1024 for hi-res, or the main "DSF" folder for default 640x480). The file is called I think "Bridge.DSF", but there is one for each station, with a pretty descriptive name.

Good luck

cbrown
03-27-06, 08:59 PM
YES, THAT'S IT!!

I wasn't doing all ofthe files and I was getting half the open bridge and half of the enclosed bridge. I was fooling around with the CIC files and not the DSF.

Thank you much for the help!