http://www.tanksim.com/reviews/steel_beasts_pro.htm

One of the most comprehensive reviews by man! :up:

Mylo42
03-12-06, 01:12 PM
Very nice review. Very nice sim.

Mylo42

3Star
03-12-06, 02:09 PM
Nice review. I might do a search/replace for IVIS (Inter Vehicle Information System, kindof like Blue Force Tracker/ F-5 map, never entered service) for CITV (Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer). I'm noticing what appears to be usage of the term IVIS where CITV is more appropriate.

NTM

CCIP
03-12-06, 04:28 PM
Reading it now, and will continue reading along later as time permits. Very thorough job.

So...

-Poor student, no job
-Love learning stuff, and simulations in general
-Love the immersion of both Falcon and SHIII varieties
-Can play the same game for years (as with the above two)

Worth it? I think so

If not for point #1, I'd be running to order it right now. As it stands, I will probably have to wait a few months. But I think the review is swaying me heavily to the conclution that it's a must-buy item. :)

Konovalov
04-08-06, 08:24 AM
Finally I found the time without interruption to read this review in its entirety. Quite simply it is a brilliant review of what appears to be a top notch quality simulation for the hardcore tanksim buffs. I think that there is no excuse for people to buy this simulation and say they expected something different from what they read in this review. Job well done Skybird. :yep:

Abraham
04-12-06, 02:01 AM
@ Skybird:

I came to this forum through the thread: "Busting Tank Myths: T-34, M4, and MkIV Compared". I had - of course - heard of the forum, but never took the time to visit it. I saw this thread, recognised a familiar name who's opinion I respect - if not always share - Konovalov. His enthousiasm for your review made me read it and I have to say it is terriffic.
Not a single word of Neal and others was overstated.
:up:

By the way, what happened to your English? Sometimes you had some trouble with it. This review reads so much like a professional piece of work...
:D

Skybird
04-12-06, 10:23 AM
By the way, what happened to your English? Sometimes you had some trouble with it. This review reads so much like a professional piece of work...

Very easy answer. 9 out of 10 typos I usually produce is not because lacking knowledge of vocabulary, but because I type too fast, and do not care to read it a second time and correct it. I type with four fingers faster than many pros do with ten. but it comes at the price of doing many mistakes, I also cannot type blindly. And I finally installed a newer Word version, in German Word97 under XP, spelling correction for foreign languages was broken, at ebay I got Works2005 with Word2002 for a criminally low price. And lastly, I re-red and corrected the text time and again. Parts of it were in the works since late summer.

The small handful of typos that was left, Neal finally took care of. I think it was not much I left for him.

Abraham
04-12-06, 03:59 PM
Well, again, my congratulations with a great review. I guess the best I ever read.
It seems that within a few monts I may have extra time to spare. I'll make sure that I order the game...
By the way, you could make money as a salesman for Steel Beasts...

Skybird
04-12-06, 05:17 PM
Well, again, my congratulations with a great review. I guess the best I ever read.
It seems that within a few monts I may have extra time to spare. I'll make sure that I order the game...
By the way, you could make money as a salesman for Steel Beasts...

As Ssnake said in the separate interview, the support will be there for years, and all future stuff for the military will find it'S way into the PE version as well. This summer brings a Swedish IFV, and a rework of infantry. And that is the addon only. The patch possibly will come earlier.