PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo guidance

henrym
03-01-06, 05:04 PM
Hey guys,

I just started posting here but I was wondering why I seem to be able to guide torpedoes in the 688(i) while they're still on the wire (i.e. hit the W on the torp tube, change the heading and then hit pre-enable to change to the heading then hit enable to start acquiring again). However the Seawolf doesn't seem to have this capability or I can't find it. :88)

Does anyone know if the Seawolf can do this and how?

Thanks

Ultraboy
03-02-06, 12:44 AM
It does, I just can't remember how... :hmm:

I will load up SC and refresh my aging memory...

Ultraboy
03-02-06, 01:00 AM
...okay.

The short answer: There is no button, just click on the torpedo itself.

The long answer: (Just in case) :D

After the torpedo is fired, go to the weapons screen (F6), there are 3 choices at the weapons station, one is the loadout screen which is simply a chart, another is the screen where you flood tubes, open doors, etc. The screen you want is the one with the map.

Once you're at this screen, find your ownship on the map, and then locate the torpedo you've just fired.

Simply click on the torpedo and the wireguide options will appear to the right of the map, here you can wireguide much the same as with the 688i.

The only real difference is the lack of a "W" or wire-guide button, everything else is basically the same.

henrym
03-02-06, 02:48 PM
Thanks a lot. I wouldn't have thought of that.

This forum is great for pretty speedy replies and people who know their stuff.

I haven't tried any Akula missions yet but I assume it will be similar. If not I'll come back and annoy someone else.

Thanks again.

Kapitan
03-03-06, 06:55 PM
1) everyone is welcome
2) you aint annoying you just didnt know
3) yes it is the same on akula and 688i in sub command and dangerous waters even for the kilo

Enjoy your stay