PDA

View Full Version : SH4. TrackIR, Starforce. Questions and suggestions

Jeitme
03-01-06, 03:23 AM
Hey guys.
Wouldnt it be great to see TrackIr 6dof support implemented with SH4? With trackir and voice recog like shoot, the gameplay would be allmost completely hands off.
I remember just using voice recog for SH3 took it to a completely new level of realism. Now imagine just leaning back in your chair, looking around naturally on watch, and shouting commands like a madman :rock:

Also, have any of you guys heard anything regarding starforce and SH4? I am currently boycotting SF, due to it previously destroying a piece of expensive hardware for me, plus the ring0/3 security issue, and no matter how hard it' s gonna be, I'm gonna have to keep this promise no matter how sweet SH4 looks to be. I sincerely hope they refrain from using Starforce for copy protection, and seeing that large groups of people are boycotting SF at the moment, i think sales would suffer from it also.
Well, just my two cents.

Gizzmoe
03-01-06, 03:46 AM
Also, have any of you guys heard anything regarding starforce and SH4?

No. It´s too early to know which copy protection they are going to use, SH4 comes out in 15-18 months.

JoachimV
04-07-06, 01:42 PM
Voice recognition would be nice, but i dont think itll be possible to model 360° turns with TrackIr since you can only turn a certain angle before the dot goes out of range....

Skubber
04-07-06, 02:56 PM
I wonder if Ubisoft will have taken the hint that Starforce was not well liked by many people?

But I guess I will buy SH4 even if they use it. It hasn't killed my drive yet.

DeepSix
04-07-06, 04:56 PM
It's still too early to tell what form of copy protection they'll use. I'll vote with my wallet when the time comes, but for now I'm trying to be optimistic.

Snacko
04-13-07, 07:27 PM
I think TrackIR would be great with this sim.

TrackIR does support Mouse Emulation. I just tried it though, and even though I could control the Mouse on my Windows desktop. In the game it does not recognise TrackIR as the Mouse. Only the normal Mouse works.

Does anybody have an idea on how to fix this? Maybe there is a file setting? Just a hope I guess....