PDA

View Full Version : TLAM fire issue after I add mobile skuds.

stevemercer
02-22-06, 04:53 PM
I cannot get my TLAMs to fire after I edit in a mobile skud. The skuds travel about 8 knots at the specified headings and seem to work well with any goal I use but my TLAMs will fire and immediately travel at a snail rate as though the fire failed but they do not completely fail, just crawl along at half the speed of a torpedo. If I delete the mobile shuds and retry , TLAMs still refuse to fly at 540 knots. Seems there is some kind of issue with the mobile launchers that are creating a damaged TLAM launch on my Dell 4600, 2.8 with 1.3 gig ram and ATI 128 graphics all in wonder and Sound Blaster Alive! sound card. Any help greatly needed and appreciated for this bilge rat. thanks.

DeepSixNiner
02-23-06, 07:57 PM
Not sure if this is the problem, but try firing a TASM instead of at TLAM. I think in SC the TLAM cannot attack a moving target.

Cheers.

stevemercer
02-23-06, 11:07 PM
I will do that and I know this will work. Thank you for the suggestion.

stevemercer
02-23-06, 11:32 PM
Well, I thought it would but it seems my pc has a stubborn streak and now on that particular mission none of the TLAMS will fly. All of them just shoot into the sea and look like they are flying at 38 knots above the warer surface, half torp speed. This happens only in a scenario where I script in a mobile skud. My other missions without the skud mobile object work fine. Oh well, just another six leg creature that infests a program with a mind of its own. I have windows xp, service pack 2 and just added ie7 with defender 2 betas. I did use nortons back up but that just tore me all to pieces so I got rid of the back up and then that fixed subcommand. Well those with the real skills in codes can do it best. I really appreciate scx II and am enjoying the vastly improved subcommand more than ANY other game I ever had. As far as the skuds go, I can workaround and use the readies as a target. That has worked well. I just thought it would be real neat to have to calculate a TLAM trajectory to hit a moving target. But this is a sub simulation, not a target shooting range and I will just keep priorities in the right place. Its more fun to sink an enemy sub that can sink me! Thanks again.