PDA

View Full Version : Where in the World is Knight's of the Sea???

hawkeye057
02-11-06, 01:51 AM
:ping: Anyone know what's going on with Knight's of the Sea? Tried emailing Moscow several times but came back EXPLICITLY denied! My dad served on PT boats in the Solomons during WWII. Sure would like to have the simulator. Lived in Newport Rhode Island while dad was instructor at the PT base at Melville in 1944. Worked on the Higgins 78-ft PT that Save the PT Boat rebuilt in Portland. That boat was to be built specifically for the Soviet Navy, but the war ended before it was completed. There are two more 78-ft Higgins PTs I know of...one is at Fall River, MA and the other at Fredericksburg, TX. The only 80-ft Elco PT I know of is also at Fall River, MA.

Soviet_Warlord
02-11-06, 03:26 AM
Apparently it is still in development, and no one really knows what the ETA is. Looks promising though.

hawkeye057
02-11-06, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the reply and the code: "Ark Royal Sighted Quadrant AF12 Bearing 196 Speed 20 KTS Set Course To Intercept". I was a Navy Airborne Radio/ECM OP and a Ham Radio operator since high school. I sure hope Knights of the Sea makes it out this year!! Can't wait to try it out and spread the word to PT Boats, Inc in Germantown, TN and Save the PT Boat, Inc. in Portland, OR.

Cpt. Mds
04-19-06, 09:56 PM
from what i gather from the devs (by searching the forum) it's coming out September 2006....and a demo sometime in may (demo not sure of though)