PDA

View Full Version : Steel Fury Discussion thread

Skybird
01-30-06, 04:52 PM
Discuss Steel Fury here!
Please post any new mods releases here, then they can be added to the mods thread.
Anything Steel Fury, complaints, gripes, battle reports, videos, can be posted here, no reserve on the subject, but lets keep the discussion of mods and the mods thread separate.

frinik
01-04-10, 02:10 AM
Hi trek,

I saw your post on the Tvst34 thread about your problems with Steel Fury. I have 3 different installs of the game; one with Steel Panzer 1.3 and the Winter mod as a permanent install, one with Steel Fury 1.3 and the last one with Steel panzer 1.4 and all subsequent mods, including Sobolenskis missions(4 tough missions made b y Russuian modders on with the T34-76 the other with the T34/85), a Stug III campaign, the Friderikus with PZ III and PZ IV, the T34/85 mod and the most recent one with the T60 and 4 missions on the Soviet South campaign.

Where did you install those mods that don't work? I can check out my own game folder and tell you if there's somethin wrong with your install?

I am intrigued by your mod 0.97 Hetzer and Tiger? is it for Stweel Fury? If yes where can I download them?

Cheers

Frinik

frinik
01-13-10, 03:46 AM
For those interested in Steel Fury, the WYH/Stone 2009 duo has released the latest of their mods: following their T34/85 , T60 and Tank Trphy mods. It's a dual Tiger/JS2 mod. I downloaded it last night and it's wonderful! It works well and there's lots of action.It offers 4 German missions( taken from the Friedericus 1 campaign) with the Tiger and 4 Soviet ones with the JS2 (taken from the Soviet South Campaign).Not to be missed. To download it you'll have to go to the Sukoih.ru?forum website.It's in Russian but using auto translate you 'll have it in English( no Shakespeare but understandable).Then you 'll see the thread that deals with tank sim and inside one from Stone 2009 offering the download link( dated 26 December 2009 I believe).You have to install it on the Steel Panzer 1.4 version of the game( I don't think it works with the 1.3 version). If you already have the T34/85 mod enabled then it sir recommended to disenable it on the JGSM enabler before you enable the Tiger 0.97 mod.The instructions says that you need the Tank Trophy mod but I don't have it and the TIger/JS2 mods works fine.

Have fun!

woofiedog
01-14-10, 08:35 AM
frinik... Thank's for posting the info.

Sledgehammer427
01-14-10, 12:15 PM
+1

Frinik, if you could grab the download links, I will update the main post. I'm horrible at following directions sometimes :P

frinik
01-14-10, 10:38 PM
Hi Sledgehammer; here's the link:http://forum.sukhoi.ru/search.php?searchid=2488968.
I recommend that you make sure that your computer can translate cyrillic characters into latin ones.I downloaded a new version yesterday called Tiger 0.98 mod, in addition to 4 missions with the Tiger Auf.H and another 4 with the JS2 you get an additional 4 missions with the KV2(one ugly tank!).TPlease note that the Sukhoi.ru/forum is similar in concept to the Subsim website except that it's dedicated to flight sims.

However, there is a search engine.Just type in Steel Fury and it will direct you straight to it.You 'll find many interesting threads from Stone20009 a Russian modder who makes most of the new SF mods and missions.

With T vs T being rejuvenated by Zee Wolf and Steel Fury being modded with new missions and tanks) on a regular basis these are good times indeed!

frinik
01-17-10, 11:00 PM
Ls , just check my previous messages ; I list the link to the Sukhoi.ru site where you can access the Tiger0.98 mod which includes 4 missions fwith the Tiger Auf H, 4 with the Soviet JS2 and another 4 with the KV2( one ugly tank!).Unfortuntaely as you will find out on the forum, the Hetzer and Panther are no longer available. The reason is that they modders took them straight out of a Red Orchestra mod. However once the modellers found out that some modders werre planning to use both Hetzer and Panther for SF they objected and as a result the mod for has been withdrawn.But take heart because Stone 2009 and some other modders are already working on the Panther and Hetzer and they will release thta mod before mid February.There's one mod with the SU152 , a hug Soviet self propelled gun but I haven't been able to make it work proprely.

Another good website to get downloads for TvsT, Steel Fury and others is the Tansim.ru website.

Good luck.

BTW, there's a new download of the T34/85 mod which makes it compatible with the Tiger 0.98 mod.It gives the T34/95 new optics( very nice ), new caterpillar threads.Remember to use these mods you need to have Steel Panzer version 1.4 installed.It does not work with previous versions of Steel Panzer.You can then install Steel fury sound mod or ffrontline accoustics,the T34/85 mod, the Trophy Mod and the Tiger 0.98.The T60 mosd is nor compatible with the Tiger 0.98 and needs to be diasbled if you have it.

Cheers

Sledgehammer427
01-17-10, 11:38 PM
I tried both your link, and I dug into the forum myself and posted a link, and both came back with a "Page cannot be found" type error.

What I will do, in the next few days, is open up a new subfolder on my Mediafire account and download as many of these mods as I can and re-upload them on my page so they will be there for everyone who does not want to dig through the Cyrillic :DL With proper mod credits.

frinik
01-18-10, 12:02 AM
This is Odd Sledgehammer because I bookmarked the Sukhoi page in my list of internet favourites and everytime I wish to read the forum I just click on it and bingo I get access to it without any problems(sometimes a broken link but I just click on refresh and I get the page).

What you can do is what I did orginally because the link posted by the Russian modders did not work for me either. So I just googled Sukhoi.ru and I got a page which lists all Sukhoi websites. Then in the middle of the page you will see sukhoi.ru forum.Click on that one and it will take you to the Aviaforum which is a forum dedicated to flight sims but includes one dedicated to tanksims including SF.I just click on translate on the upper right corner of the page and I get the Russian translated into more or less accurate English but I can fill in the gaps and make guesses when the translations are a bit off the mark.

Good luck!

If you have trouble getting to the Sukhoi.ru forum I can always posts the download links to the mods that you wish to have...

Cheers

LcSummers
01-18-10, 11:41 AM
Thanks a lot, but its in russian and i cant read it.

At the bottom i pressed english but its in russian again, so no go for me.

Never mind, thanks for your efforts

LcSummers

Ls , just check my previous messages ; I list the link to the Sukhoi.ru site where you can access the Tiger0.98 mod which includes 4 missions fwith the Tiger Auf H, 4 with the Soviet JS2 and another 4 with the KV2( one ugly tank!).Unfortuntaely as you will find out on the forum, the Hetzer and Panther are no longer available. The reason is that they modders took them straight out of a Red Orchestra mod. However once the modellers found out that some modders werre planning to use both Hetzer and Panther for SF they objected and as a result the mod for has been withdrawn.But take heart because Stone 2009 and some other modders are already working on the Panther and Hetzer and they will release thta mod before mid February.There's one mod with the SU152 , a hug Soviet self propelled gun but I haven't been able to make it work proprely.

Another good website to get downloads for TvsT, Steel Fury and others is the Tansim.ru website.

Good luck.

BTW, there's a new download of the T34/85 mod which makes it compatible with the Tiger 0.98 mod.It gives the T34/95 new optics( very nice ), new caterpillar threads.Remember to use these mods you need to have Steel Panzer version 1.4 installed.It does not work with previous versions of Steel Panzer.You can then install Steel fury sound mod or ffrontline accoustics,the T34/85 mod, the Trophy Mod and the Tiger 0.98.The T60 mosd is nor compatible with the Tiger 0.98 and needs to be diasbled if you have it.

Cheers

Wilcke
01-18-10, 12:15 PM
Thanks a lot, but its in russian and i cant read it.

At the bottom i pressed english but its in russian again, so no go for me.

Never mind, thanks for your efforts

LcSummers

When you google the link, do not click the link, click on translate this page. Good luck!

LcSummers
01-19-10, 08:05 AM
When you google the link, do not click the link, click on translate this page. Good luck!

Thanks alot, but its the same problem, but i found tiger mod 97

thanks guys

frinik
01-19-10, 10:24 PM
Thanks alot, but its the same problem, but i found tiger mod 97

thanks guys

Lc that mod has been updated to version 0.98.It includes a new tank, the Soviet KV2, with 4 new missions.Also the Tiger has now 5 Panzergranate 88 shells and 5 less pzgranate 39.It's got better armour protection in some places and the HE shells are a bit less powerful as per the original specs. Also that version is compatible with the T34/85 mod which now includes the T60 which you don't need to disenable whenever you want to play the Tiger one.The T34/85 has new, updated gunsights.All in all it's worth having the updated version.You can get it in the same thread just a a couple of pages after.

Wilcke
01-20-10, 11:17 AM
frinik,

Thanks for the info on the avia site. I did manage to get over there and download a lot of nice mods for Steel Fury. I have yet to find the Tiger 0.98 but will try to look for it soon.

If you can do me the favor, when you can post a Active Mod List from your JSGME setup in Steel Fury.

I want to get a sense of how you run your mods in Steel Fury once SF 1.4 is activated.

Thanks!

frinik
01-20-10, 11:32 PM
Hi Wilcke, sorry I didn't read your post until I was in the office. I can't give you the set up of my JSGME right now but I can give you a rundown and then later once I am home I ll send you a pic of my active mod list.

What I can tell you is that I have 3 versions/installs of SF.

The one on the C;/ is my best updated one.It includes Steel Panzer 1.4 and all the recent mods.

I have another install on the D:/ with Steel Panzer 1.3 and some older single user missions .The reason I kept it is ebcause with Steel Panzer 1.4 some of the existing missions were made tougher and some other additional missions that came along with Steel Panzer 1.3 disappeared when I installed SP1.4.

Finally my last install of Sf is on the F:/ and is essentially SP 1.3 with the Winter Beta mod.I have there all the newly modded or created user made missions up until the summer 2009.I haven't updated the game because while it's nice to play SF in Winter mode I much prefer the summer foliage and green.

On my C;/ install I have in the mod enabler the following mods enabled in that order
- 1)Frontline accoustics 1.1
- 2)Steel Panzer 1.4
- 3)Steel Fury sounds mod
- 4)T34/85 mod( the most recent one updated 22 Dec 2009 to include the T60mod and new gunsights and other improvements.It converts 10 Soviet South campaign missions originally with T34/76 into T34/85 ones.

- 5)Trophy mod
- 6)Trophy mod skins
- 7)Tiger_0.98 which includes missions (4 each)with the Tiger I, the KV2 and the JS2

AI also have in the mod enabler but not enabled
-T34/85 mod (that one was an addon to the T34/85 mod and convert 5 user made missions in the Soboleiivky district originally with T34/76 but converted to T34/85.It also includeds 5 missions with the STug III C. These missions were made by Stone 2009 last summer).It cannot be enabled at the same time Tiger 0.98 mod enabled.
- Tiger_0.97 mod (does not have KV2 and othe rimprovement contained in version 0.98
-SU152 mod( it incorporates the feared SU152 in games but I haven't been able to make it work)
-data(not sure what this erves it came with one of my installs
- MODS( again not sure what ity's for but left it in the mods enabler)
-T60 mod which I no ,longer need now because it's included in new updated version of mod T34/85( the one I have enabled )

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Frinik

Wilcke
01-21-10, 01:05 AM
frinik,

Thanks for the help and there is never a hurry on this stuff. I like your independant installs. It helps to avoid mod soup.

Look forward to running SF with the mods, I currently just run it with 1.4.

frinik
01-21-10, 02:04 AM
That's right Wilcke, it avoids mod soup and by compartmenting my installs - in case one becomes corrupted - I can uninstall it without screwing up my good ones and it makes reinstalls or upgrades easier.I do the same with T vs T and Panzer Elite. I may even make a 4th install of SF on my external hard disck( I only use laptop no pcs) to have a new install of SP 1.4 with the updated Winter mod(Dec 2009).

What's fun too is the variety; I can switch to different versions of my game depending on my moods to avoid staleness.And that way I can see what the upgrades bring to my game compared with earlier versions of it.

Cheers

LcSummers
01-21-10, 07:50 AM
Lc that mod has been updated to version 0.98.It includes a new tank, the Soviet KV2, with 4 new missions.Also the Tiger has now 5 Panzergranate 88 shells and 5 less pzgranate 39.It's got better armour protection in some places and the HE shells are a bit less powerful as per the original specs. Also that version is compatible with the T34/85 mod which now includes the T60 which you don't need to disenable whenever you want to play the Tiger one.The T34/85 has new, updated gunsights.All in all it's worth having the updated version.You can get it in the same thread just a a couple of pages after.

Thanks a lot for your help, downloaded these mods even tiger mod 098.

One question remains.

After installing these mods, game menue is in russuian right?

Thanks

LC

Txema
01-21-10, 11:32 AM
Updated winter mod??

Which update are you referring to??

Thanks for your help !!

Txema

That's right Wilcke, it avoids mod soup and by compartmenting my installs - in case one becomes corrupted - I can uninstall it without screwing up my good ones and it makes reinstalls or upgrades easier.I do the same with T vs T and Panzer Elite. I may even make a 4th install of SF on my external hard disck( I only use laptop no pcs) to have a new install of SP 1.4 with the updated Winter mod(Dec 2009).

What's fun too is the variety; I can switch to different versions of my game depending on my moods to avoid staleness.And that way I can see what the upgrades bring to my game compared with earlier versions of it.

Cheers

frinik
01-21-10, 11:22 PM
Txema, I am referring to a thread I saw on the Sukhoi.ru forum dedicated to Steel Fury. Stone 2009 I think it was gave a download to a new updated version of the Winter mod. I don't think it's a big deal it simply includes a few improvements over the older beta version of April or May 2009. I haven't had time to download it myself. Anyway Sledgehammer has asked me to lump all the download links that I have for Steel Fury and post them. So I''ll look for it and make sure it's amongst them Otherwise you can find it yourself it was posted in early to mid January 2010.

Friedrich-Wilhelm
03-14-10, 03:00 PM
Hello all,

Recently, I have begun to uncover some of the mysteries of the Steel Fury mission editor and started to create a few simple missions. These missions (missions 2, 3, 4) are my first tentative steps into learning the use of the mission editor. As such, they are still incomplete and lack many features you may be familiar with from the missions that came with the stock-version of the game.
However, I would like to share them with the community and I hope you will enjoy them. I would appreciate constructive comments and feedback.

Best regards,

FW

Links here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/241198948/beb0625a/Tigermod-single-02.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/241199118/7568a0c2/FW-Steel-Fury-Missions-Read-Me.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/241199212/97fbf785/Tigermod-single-04.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/241199248/a59eade/Tigermod-single-03.html (http://www.4shared.com/file/241199248/a59eade/Tigermod-single-03.html)

P.S.: Installation instructions and a list of required mods and patches are in the read-me file.

frinik
03-14-10, 11:57 PM
Re Friedrich Wilhelm's missions ; I have had the great honour of being the tester for his missions and they rock!If you want the challenge of your life try mission 3 and 4 without the invincibility and increased shell power features turned on , without the markers showing on the map and with enemy experience at max and force balance set at 10.They are amongst the best and most challenging missions I have played in SF.

Cheers

frinik
03-15-10, 12:59 AM
BTW for those interested; a new mod the Stug IIIG with 3 playable missions has been released a couple of days ago.Here's the link:

http://files.mail.ru/2FV17Y

Cheers

PS; it's compatible with the Tiger 0.98 and Tiger 1.0 mods.

BOBOSSE
03-25-10, 12:04 PM
Hello frinik

If you are the same man who post message on FRANCE SIMULATION, my opinion about missions of Friedrich Wilhelm's is positive,he can continuous,they are interesting.
And you,you can put in download your "14 missions peaufinées".
I think community of steel fury will appreciate.

Cheers

Philippe

frinik
03-25-10, 11:47 PM
Oui Bobosse ( amusant comme surnom) je suis la même personne qui affiche sur France Simulation. Je vais télécharger mes 14 missions( j'en ai 2 de Friedrich Wilhelm que j'ai modifées (dont une qu'il n'a pas rendue publique) et rendues plus difficiles mais aussi un peu plus épicées) ce weekend dans un espace approprié et je les afficherai sur FS. Attentions mes missions ne sont pas aussi sophistiquées que celles que produisent certains moddeurs(russes surtout) mais par contre je garanti suspense, grosses batailles de tanks , action à gogo et une certaine variété.J'ai également modifié 2 missions existantes( du menu user missions) produites par d'autres et sans changer le scénario j'ai modifié les types de char en jeu et j'ai surtout accru le nombre de véhicules impliqués dans le combat.Je les ai testées et jouées hier et franchement j'ai aimé le résultat( il s'agit de la misison Loz05 fcrée par Jake ou FabienFred et de la Mission Panzer IVF2 de Petrovkazzw485 crée par Stone2009 or SHUN. Je les afficherai mais en donnant le crédit à qui de droit.Je vais graduellement modifier toutes les missions existantes de SF que ce soit single, user, ou campagnes afin de les rendre plus difficiles et plus étoffées à mon goût.

Est-ce que tu es le meme Philippe qui affiche sur HQ SIM(More Steel Fury Goodness)?

Salutations.

BOBOSSE
03-26-10, 01:51 AM
Merci pour ta réponse.

Je suis satisfait qu'il y ai quelques personnes en France qui s'intéresse a ce jeu dont la "modabilité" et le potentiel mérite qu'on le valorise.
Je suis bien la même personne qui affiche sur SIM HQ,et je passe beaucoup de temps sur le forum de nos"comrad moddeurs russes".
Pour faire court je n'arrive pas ,malgré une remise à jour de mon mot de passe à me connecter sur France simulation donc je n'aurai pas accès à tes missions.
Bon WE et merci pour le boulot fait pour la communauté.

Philippe

frinik
03-26-10, 03:21 AM
Philippe ne te fais pas de bile donne-moi ton adresse email perso. et je pourrais t´envoyer mes missions en piece jointe par yahoo.C´est ce que Friedrich Wilhelm et moi faisons.

salutationsç

PS moi aussi je frequente le site Avia Forum a la recherche de noueaux mods mais je n´y suis pas inscrit.

Txema
03-29-10, 05:04 AM
Hello frinik

If you are the same man who post message on FRANCE SIMULATION, my opinion about missions of Friedrich Wilhelm's is positive,he can continuous,they are interesting.
And you,you can put in download your "14 missions peaufinées".
I think community of steel fury will appreciate.

Cheers

Philippe

Hey Frinik,

I would appreciate it very much if you could let us download your 14 missions for Steel Fury !!! :up:

Are you planning to release them soon??

Txema

frinik
03-29-10, 05:38 AM
Hi Txema, actually I have over 18 now.I modified 2 of Friedrich Wilhelm's missions( including one he didn't post) and 3 user-made missions made by others(Loz5, Africa1 and Trophy Petrovka wwzzz485). I just finished a night mission with artillery strikes and flares and my skills are getting a bit more refined.I will eventually post my missions and the remake of others on this site and others.If you wish to play them send me your private email by pm and I will send them to you by yahoomail.

I am planning to rework some more user-made missions and eventually all single and stock campaign missions to make them a bit more action oriented, more complex and definitely tougher.My ambition is to remake all the existing SF missions.I will try to upload those I have created/modified into a sort of file sharing site this coming weekend to make them available to the community.Right now I haven't got the time.

Cheers

Frinik

Txema
03-29-10, 10:47 AM
Frinik,

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I will send you a PM.

Thanks again !!

Txema

Txema
03-29-10, 10:58 AM
I am planning to rework some more user-made missions and eventually all single and stock campaign missions to make them a bit more action oriented, more complex and definitely tougher.My ambition is to remake all the existing SF missions.I will try to upload those I have created/modified into a sort of file sharing site this coming weekend to make them available to the community.Right now I haven't got the time.

Cheers

Frinik

BTW, I think these are excellent news.

I really appreciate all your work in Steel Fury. In my opinion it is a very good WWII tank sim, but I feel that in general the stock missions could become notably better if somebody works to improve them. Excellent !! :sunny:

Txema

Skybird
03-29-10, 05:43 PM
I wonder why Neal has thrown Steel Panthers and Steel Fury together in one thread!? :-? It's two totally different games that have nothing to do with each other! The one is a cockpit tank game, the other a tank-heavy hexfield tactics game!

frinik
03-30-10, 12:48 AM
Hi Skybird; I have been asking myself the same question for a long time? Perhaps because both games start with Steel?Or may be he lumped them together thinking there wasn't much interest in either game on this forum....

Txema, I got your PM and I have prepared an email with explanation s and tonight I will upload 10 user-made missions for you and forward them by yahoomail.

Hasta pronto.

Frinik

Sledgehammer427
03-30-10, 01:55 AM
I'm kind of confused as well guys but, since this thread is getting a little crowded for my tastes I may just close this one and open them back up as a pair of new threads.

Frinik, your helpful advice will be included in the new thread if this is the route I'll take, I gotta talk it over with Zee and see what he says. but I'm clocked for the next couple days, we'll see where this goes.

Skybird
03-30-10, 02:32 AM
I'm kind of confused as well guys but, since this thread is getting a little crowded for my tastes I may just close this one and open them back up as a pair of new threads.

Frinik, your helpful advice will be included in the new thread if this is the route I'll take, I gotta talk it over with Zee and see what he says. but I'm clocked for the next couple days, we'll see where this goes.

Clean it up, yes:

Seperate both ressources.

Unsticky Steel Panthers if you think a strategy hex game does not belong here (I once tried to include wargames here, too, due to lacking activity, that was the idea behind it).

Take all unrelated comments and put them into a separate thread. That way, nothing gets lost.

frinik
04-02-10, 11:17 PM
Hi Mort!( I c ant remember where in literature did I see the name Mortslayer which is a strange combo of the English to slay and the French word for death?)...

I read on the HQ SIm forum that you are a Steel Fury fan.So am I.I started playing with the mission editor about 3 weeks ago.Actually at the instagation of FriedrichWilhelm who like us is also a member of Zw´s club and a Steel Fury fan.

I have made or modified 20 Steel Fury user-made missions.If you are interested in palying them let me know I can email them to you.

A warning my missions can be tough on the FPS at times and are very much action oriented.They pit up to 66 tanks on ther battlefield and sometimes infantry and artillery-AT guns. I have made night missions, one in the rain, some at dusk I´ll make some in the fog.I am quite proud of some of my missions which are really full of suspense, solid action and intense shootouts.

Hope your daughter´s wedding went well and that she´s off to marital bliss?

Cheers

frinik
04-11-10, 09:20 AM
Eddie uanble to answer your pm.messaging system doesnt work. Anyway emailed you 13 user-made missions in 2 emails and one more email with brief summaries.

Brace yourself to fight against overwhelming odds. You´ll see that Zw´s mods are not the only one with actions. Get ready to fight in most missions as soon as the game is loaded.

Enjoy and give me feedback.

Frinik

eddie
04-11-10, 02:56 PM
Got them frinik, just need more time to get them installed, then up and running! I've got to check out the "King Tiger",lol (Not part of this mission set), just saw the download for it, so have to check it out! Only 1 mission for it though, so get to work!!:yeah:

frinik
04-11-10, 10:26 PM
Eddie,

I have the Tiger_1.0 mod installed and the only mission is the same first one as for the Tiger 1 ,Nepokrytoe.It rocks although I find that the Tiger II tends to have vulnerable sights and more often than not I would have to fight quasi blind.The other rmission of the mod is also good with JS2s(player tank) pitted against a few Tiger IIs on the Borki map.I played it and finally got a mission successful after 4 attempts.

I tried getting the Tiger II into the misison editor but no success although I have doen everything by the book.Let's hope they release a Steel Panzer 1.5 mod soon as there are other interesting vehicles added like the Brumbaer, the Elefant, the Panther, the Hetzer, the SU76,85 and 100 and the ISU152.I would love to make missions with those.

BTW I have 8 or 9 more missions.including 2 Soviet ones.If you want I'll email them to you.If I remember well you have a fairly good pc so my missions should play well.

Re Kursk how is it?I tried installing the mod yesterday but it didn't work.Is it really good?

Cheers

eddie
04-18-10, 10:49 AM
Sorry for the late response frinik, just have been doing other things for a bit. The Kursk mission I just received,V4, hasn't made it into my install just yet. I've been running this mission so much, started to burn out on it. I like the earlier version, with more artillery fire involved, but understand this mission needs to be toned down to run on other pc's, but it is running fine here.

Don't know why some keep going the same route to get to the village, they should use their imagination and try something different. Going into the woods, just across from the Russian anti-tank guns seems a bit absurd to me, but to each his own.

I haven't tried your missions yet, have to get a couple of files per your instructions. I want to see the Tiger II, but keep getting an error message that it can't initialize the mission, so not sure if I should get the earlier Panzer mods to try it, maybe 1.2, or 1.3? Want to try thr Panther too, but getting same kind of problem as the Tiger II.

Its funny some of this political talk is going on, I thought we played these sims/games to get away from all that crap we are inundated with everyday. I've seen mods shut down threads for lesser infractions then that,lol They should take that to the General discussion forum.:yep:

frinik
04-18-10, 11:02 PM
Hi Eddie,

I haven't yet installed Zee's Pre Kursk Alpha v1 nor his new mission 3. I want to try ZW's new stuff but frankly the posts about low fps and choppy gameplay are not exactly a great incitement. I am going to buy a new pc but not right now so I'll see how the Kursk release plays on my best laptop. Re Mission v4 I think the idea proposed to create 2 sets of missions; one version for high performing pcs and the other stripped-down for less performing ones sounds great.This way you could have the more intense version and enjoy it.And when one of us with a less performing machine upgrades then he could have the more intense version installed

Re imagination Eddie I have noticed a lot a people play their games the way they live their lives.They don't stray too much off the beaten tracks, they're cautious( not always wisely) and love the security of routine. Like you I like to experiment and find ways of going around and manoeuvring.

About the political debates I think they're part of all fora.As long as the debate remains civil and without insults and accusations it's OK but I agree with you that it should not take centre place and perhaps we should make sure that we stay focused on the games and not on the politics.

Re my missions I have more if you are interested and some of those that I emailed to you I modifed to make them a bit easier and more playable.They are still sluggers and the battelfields are littered with burning wrecks. I'll post pics of some of most post missions battlefield.

Eddie re the Tiger 1.0 mod and the Panther Hetzer.You need to have the Steel Panzer 1.4 enabled.To install those mod is very easy.Just download the files and put them in a folder which is not in your game.There you extract the file.You then copy the resulting extracted folder into the Steel Fury MODS folder (which is located in the game's main folder) folder.Don't copy it into the game's main folder.You just need to open the MOds folder and copy the mod into it.Then you'll see the mod appearing in your JSGME which you just need to enable. Your initialisation error message comes form the fact that you may have installed the Tiger 1.0 mod into the game main folder but not into the mods folder? If it's the case just follow the instructions above and delete the copy of the mod you have in the game main folder it creates a conflict.Hope it helps!

Re the Panther Hetzer it's hard to find as the Panther was used without copyrights authorisation.You can easily find the Hetzer mod which you downlaod and install the way I derscribed it to you.The Hetzer mod gives you only one playable misison in the single missions menu Nepokrytoe.It's not compatible with the Tiger 0.98 or 1.0 thus you have to disenable those to pay the Hetzer mission.

The Tiger 1.0 gives you 2 new single misisons one on the Tiger II Nepokrytoe( they love that missions!) and the other with the JS2 with a new IS122 gun against the same Tiger II( Borki map).That mod is compatible with the T34/85 , T60 and KV2 mod.However I am unable to enter the Tiger II into the mission editor to make misisons with it.Likewise with the Panther.
Cheers:salute:

morttheslayer
05-18-10, 03:50 PM
Thanks for earlier offer of missions for SF I would like to take you up on it soon, could you PM me plase at your leisure and I will send you my e-mail address. One question hope your missions are mod free I assume they are since mods are added (normally) through the JSGME interface programme.
I had trouble with JSGME initially due to my unfamiliarity with Win7. I'm still un-familiar with it but don't feel quite so helpless now (got so used to XP). By the way is the winter mod good - recommended??

Cheers Morty :salute:
PS A shooting friend called me "Mort The Slayer" once after I had a good day pheasant shooting and it stuck. Yes the English language is a mixture of French & English - blame William the Conqueror.
PPS Pheasant shooting used to be associated with the English aristocracy but I'm not an aristocrat (no blue blood as they say --- or "old" money).

frinik
05-18-10, 10:32 PM
Lc my friend why didn't you tell me about the SF mods. Tiger 0.97 is old news.Since there's been Tiger mod 0.98 which adds the the KV2 in addition to the JS2 and Tiger 1.0 which now includes the Tiger II(Koenigstiger).If you need I can send you the download links????

Morty, I will try PM'ing you.Of course my user-made missions are free.They are simple, action-oriented, and mostly include Tigers. KV1s and 2s, Js2s, T34/76 and 85, and occasionally Hetzers, Stug IIId Panzer IV F1 and 2s.I am awaiting the new Steel Panzer mod to add OPanthers, Tiger II, SU 76,85 and others to my missions.You need to have either the TIger0.98 or 1.0 enabled to play them and the Hetzer mod for the few missions that include the Hetzer.My missions are datapack ones which means you only have to enable them using the mission editor in your game.It's very simple. You just open the mission editor in your game main folder.Then you'll see 4 sub folders.The first one is called Create New Missions.You click on it and a small screen will open up with on the right side 5 options; create mission, pack, unpack, open editor and exit,Just click on unpack option and match it with the folder in which you'll have my missions datapack.Once you open the missions into the un pack folder it will appear on your little screen and then when you open your game my misison will appear in your user made missions menu.Just play it.Anyway I can always guide you trhough it if ther are problems.

Will PM you soon:salute:

Cheers

Sledgehammer427
05-18-10, 11:09 PM
The download link for Tiger 1.0 mod and steel Panzers 1.4 is on the first Steel Fury rescources post! look under Mods! :D

morttheslayer
05-20-10, 10:23 AM
Thanks for message. What I should have said is I have 2 versions of SF one on the Uber (new) laptop running Win 7 and one on my main Gaming Rig running Win XP. My positive (real main) ambition is to make my own missions (not that I am turning yours down in any way). What I would like is to have some tips on the mission editor which I have never tried!
I make IL2 missions so it can't be that bad but I love making my own. I would still like yours of course - but will discuss in PM - many thanks
Best Regards - Morty :up:

frinik
05-20-10, 11:24 PM
Morty send me your private email and I can send you a mission making tutorial which Friedrich Wilhelm( he is a ZW club member who's also a fan of Steel Fury) sent me and led to make my own. FW's tutorial is quite good and comes with pics to make it easier. He and I are collaborating at making common user missions.Making missions is great fun actually.It's a lot of work( some of my missions I remade or modified up to 20 times and some I had to scrap after spending an hour making them...) but seeing your own creation and playing it is immensely rewading.A bit like fatherhood actually;) Right now what I am doing si making mini missions on every single map( there 18) of SF to explore the areas and enjoy the landscapes and see the whole area.The stock missions only use a fraction of the maps .I want to see all of them and even use some neglected or unused parts of each to make new missions.

Just PM me!:yeah:

frinik
06-05-10, 05:00 AM
Here´s what I gleaned on the sukhoi.ru-Avia forum from Komrade Sidorov, one of the modders responsible for making the future Steel Panzer mod for Steel Fury soon to be released( I would say by mid June but don´t quote me on this.I used the automatic translator so the English is a tad stilted:

- I do not know how good it is. http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
- Fix the many inaccuracies in the model tiger - done at 90%. It was partly used model from Kharkov, 43 poligonazh increased by a quarter.
- T-34 with the new tower (body and texture are taken from the CK, in the process model is used from Kharkov 43) - holds up to 70%.
- Rectification model SU-152. Achieved by 50%.
- Rectification models of IP-2 and King Tiger. Only a couple of elements here and there, so in theory quickly.
- Add some details and screens on the model of the Quartet to modify it in H. Models and textures in stock.
- Original picture tracks for the new technology. Patterns available. Takes less than a day.
- 45 mm acc. 1942 (finished model is in Kharkov 43).
- Add texture yellow to Marder, the tiger and the Quartet. Change the color in Photoshop - a couple of hours.
- Insert technology from Da_Don'A (T-70 and Su-76), if he will pass it this time.
- Find and insert the new sounds for the technology. Estimated Resources - riding video samples.
- Ask ntalex'And draw the logo. http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/images/smilies/crazy.gif

Dung_Beetle
06-06-10, 12:13 AM
I can't find a copy of Steel Panzer anywhere. Can anyone send me a copy?

frinik
06-06-10, 02:51 AM
DB are you talking about Steel Fury or Steel Panthers?Otherwise the only Steel Panzer I know is a series of mods designed for Steel Fury and called Steel Panzer 1.1,1.2,1.3 and 1.4?????:hmmm:. They´re available on the sukhoi.org.ru website for download.

frinik
06-30-10, 06:22 AM
Hang on to your tanks fellow SF fans!.Stone 2009 has announced on the Sukhoi.ru Avia forum the upcoming release of Steel Panzer mod 1.5 which includes a solid dozen new armoured vehicles including the ISU152, the Ferdinand, the Marder III, the SU 76 and 85, the T70, the Panzer IV G or H, the Panther( a new version ausf. A I think), the Stug IV or STUH42, the T34 model 1943,as well as a new Tiger model( ausf H???) and the insertion of a newly reworked Tiger II in the mission editor.

My best bet and own guesstimate is a release before 15th July but don't put any money on the table.

Cheers:yeah:

Wilcke
06-30-10, 09:55 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the update, if possible could you provide a link here to the download. I am sometimes able to navigate the pertinent page but lately I have become a bit lazy.

I do like SF, it is awesome.

ShoCkwaVe
07-01-10, 06:29 AM
It really is too bad lighthouse interactive went bankrupt
this game is impressive of all the tank sims I have played
this seems most realistic..

looking forward to this Steel panzer Mod 1.5

& so I hope it doesn't end up a forgotten about project.

I wish moders from subsim would have a peek into this game
you would be as suprised as I was *nudges reaper7, privateer, & thedarkwraith*

heres a mod resource link to get you started

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=cb3c5a7c924d8662f33294b0367364 25&topic=60.0

and ... go! lol

keep me informed guys :ping:

frinik
07-02-10, 02:42 AM
Not to worry ShockWave, Steel Fury is not a forgotten product and the Steel Panzer mod 1.5 is definitely coming.They have bene modding the game ever sicne it came out on the Russian market in late 2007 and there have been mods every 2 months or regularly.Until the successor to SF comes, hopefully next year, the game will remian very much alive like Panzer Elite still is after 12 years on the market.:yeah:

Wilcke the mod will be available on the sukhoi.org.ru(AVIA)forum and on the tanksim.org.ru website as well.I'll give links when it's time for release.

ShoCkwaVe
07-03-10, 03:02 PM
PzVI Tiger Enhancement Pack - Subsim Exclusive :D

I made a small enhancement pack for the tigermod v1.0
I will post it here exclusively so feel free to use/share.

http://i49.tinypic.com/i6lb2a.png

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xtzj4e

Features:

added new mg42 sounds for both soldiers & tank.
added new diesel engine & track sounds for the tiger.
added a new fallbush camo skin.

Included Friedrich-Wilhelm's Steel Fury Missions.
so you now have 3 added missions to drive your tigers around & play in.
You can find them ingame under the user made missions.

IMPORTANT:

This is how your Installed modlist should look & the mod will work
without problems.

I am reading from the top of the list down so the pzVI Tiger Enhancement pack
should be enabled *last*.

JSGME Enabled List

1-Playable Panzer II, III & StuG v0.2
2-Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.4_eng
3-Steel_Sound_Mod_v1.1(fix)_eng
4-Tiger_Mod_v1.0
5-Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng
-->(6)-PzVI_Tiger_Epack

credits:

License:

report bugs @ subsim.com/tanksim.com
~Enjoy.

frinik
07-04-10, 12:55 AM
Great Stuff SchocWave! Thanks a lot!

BTW I have made about 70 or so user-made missions most with the Tiger I but some with the Panzer IVF2, the T34-85 and the KV1.If you´re interested just send me a PM with your email and I´ll send them to you!

Warning my missions(day, night, evening, morning etc) are big shootouts with up to 120 tanks fighting it out as well as AT and artillery and infantry in some missions.You need a strong pc to play them wihtout stuttering or low FPS( minimum processor 2.4 ghtz and graphic card 512 mbs and ram at least 4 gbs).As well you need the Hetzer and StugIIIf mods installed.I also have SU85 in the mission editor and in some of my latest missions.

BTW I edited and remade Friedrich Wilhelm original missions....They are included in my list

Cheers

ShoCkwaVe
07-04-10, 07:18 AM
Great Stuff SchocWave! Thanks a lot!

BTW I have made about 70 or so user-made missions most with the Tiger I but some with the Panzer IVF2, the T34-85 and the KV1.If you´re interested just send me a PM with your email and I´ll send them to you!

That would be Great frinik! :DL

I have yet to read more in depth into the editors functions
& only yesterday just started reading the manual.

so until I learn the fundamentals of the editor I am stuck playing
in the bleak stock missions..

could you possibly pack it all up *jsgme ready* into a .zip, .rar, or .7z
and then upload it to sendspace?

http://www.sendspace.com/

You don't need a membership or login to upload files there (hassle free)
up to 300MB file hosting

Then just post your missions pack here along with the forum link that sendspace will provide you with
..copy & paste it here like i did :up:

frinik
07-04-10, 11:34 PM
Shockwave,

As I said before congrat for the PanzerVI pack mod the rattling sound of the MG34/or 42 sounds like the real thing!Did you get your sound from the real firing of an MG42 or G3 as they are called post war( it's basically the same MG42 with slight modifications which is used by the Bundeswehr and many other armies in the World.The immersion has increased and the camo were much needed.

I 'll try to upload my missions in the link you have provided.I normally prefer to do it by email ( I have done it with 7 persons so far) but hey why not try something new!Mostly because my missions have no text( mission objectives etc.I prefer simply to email a brief description of the missions objectives and there's no" Mission Successful" message or gimmick.I don't believe in those artificial parameters as for me a successful mission is one with either all the enemy dead or destroyed and you control the territory or else you're dead and it doesn't matter anymore:D.

Once have more time I will insert text into my missions to give clear idea of what to do although as I said they're instant action scenarios.I am quite proud of many of them as they give you the chance to experience war in a very realistic ambience level and give you chance to show your skills as a sharpshooter and tactician.Most of my missions force you to choose whether to help your comrades or go on your own destroy a primary objective first.The choice is your and the otucome is never the same.

BTW GOOD NEWS! The Steel Panzer mod has been released but in Russian only.The English version should come in a couple of weeks or so.It's available on the Sukhoi.ru( Avia ) forum.

Cheers

frinik
07-06-10, 07:00 AM
sorry Folks!It turns out that the Steel Panzer mod 1.5 release announced on Sukhoi.ru forum was in fact not the real release but rather some guys own compilation of all previous SF m Steel Panzer mods which he released yesterday as SP mod 1.5 without consulting anybody.

According to Stone 2009 who came out on the SF Graviteam forum to announce the error.The real Steel Panzer 1.5 mod in his own words:

Hallo everybody!
The official release of SPM 1.5 will take a place at the end of July.
Modification on a site Sukhoi is not SPM 1.5
I beg pardon for my English.
With kind regards.

It's just a matter of a coupel of weeks or so.

Cheers:up:

frinik
07-09-10, 12:06 AM
SF fans.Going back to the " unofficial" Steel Panzer mods 1.5 I download( courtesy of my firend Bobosse) and installed it on one of my game and I still found it useful and interesting as a stop-gap mod.
1) it incorporates many new units in the mission Editor including; TigerII , the brummbear( unfortunately not playable), the SU122, su 85( which I had added manually) , the SU 152, new versions of the Panzer IVF2 and Tiger H, the Stug III G Saukopf and one with Zimmerit( mine protecting coat paste), the JS2 1944 version, the T34/85 1944 version and the T34/76 with the new turret.All in all interesting additions.Unfortunately the Panther, Elefant, the Marder III and Panzer IV H will have to waiat the official release. As well there are now 3 new missions one each with the SU85, Su122, and SU 152 as well as the 3 trophy(beute) missions the Panzer IIC, the Panzer IVF2 and the Tiger all playing for the reds.

What's good about this "unofficial" Steel Panzer mod 1.5 is that you only need to install the SF patch and thta 1.5 and you have all the other previous mods installed in one shot( steel sound, trophy, TIger 1.0, compass etc).It's a real time saver.Just extract it into your main game folder and make a copy of the file application into your mods folder and bingo you have SP 1.5 in your JSGME mods enabler.

Fercyful
07-21-10, 07:12 PM
hey frinik (hola amigo! :salute:) with your message I decide to enter the "translation hell" :wah: and find that 1.5 unofficial file that you review. well... I finally found it (and download it) :rock:was quite complicated :doh:

Steel Panzer 1.5 Unofficial

I upload it here (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=536f389f3111694eeecefa80144eee8bdfa5329f ca057a38fa9e7a51a6f90214984986798c60faaef15c4d959b 00f5b0) (for all the other Steel Fury fans that want to test it...)

I have to split it in two parts because the 200 mb limitation of mediafire

search for "Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_UNOFFICIAL.part1.rar" and "Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_UNOFFICIAL.part2.rar"

just download, unrar and you have the unofficial mod for play with it...

frinik (or other fan) comrade please can you upload your mission package you talk about some time ago.

BTW I have made about 70 or so user-made missions most with the Tiger I but some with the Panzer IVF2, the T34-85 and the KV1.If you´re interested just send me a PM with your email and I´ll send them to you!:yeah:

I like the email idea but remember that we try it with the other missions and we can´t do it well... so maybe if you -or other comrade- can upload the package to media fire can be great for all to can download it :arrgh!:

cya all !

frinik
07-21-10, 10:12 PM
Hola Fercy Amigo Porteño

Iam surprised the unofficial SP 1.5 is so complicated. I got it from a French friend in one simple download took me 20 minutes to download and another 15 to install it into my games?????

Re my user-made missions, I have emailed them to 9 different persons( last time was yesterday) now without any problems and I have received FW's missions through the email without problems either.The last time I was trying to email a whole mod to you which is why we had problems.PM me your email and let's try it I am sure it will work without problems.I don't have time to upload them because I am not a memeber of any of these sites and with my current busy schedule, new computer and external hard disk problems ...

Cheers:yeah:

Fercyful
07-22-10, 10:47 AM
Hola Fercy Amigo Porteño

Iam surprised the unofficial SP 1.5 is so complicated. I got it from a French friend in one simple download took me 20 minutes to download and another 15 to install it into my games?????

:oops: the complicated part was actually find the file inside the russian forums :timeout: and then enter the download site and have to enter another russian site (propaganda one) and after that I get the final download link, using the translator was hard for me :dead:

Re my user-made missions, I have emailed them to 9 different persons( last time was yesterday) now without any problems and I have received FW's missions through the email without problems either.

roger that! :salute: I will PM you right now , gracias!

frinik
07-29-10, 06:05 PM
Hi SF fans.I just read a post from Stone 2009 in the Sukhoi.ru Avia forum.He posted pics of all the new models that will be integral part of the official Steel Panzer mod 1.5.Quite impressive.He said the models are basically ready to roll and right now they're working on the new missions that will come with the models.No time estimate but mid August sounds realistic to me.

Hang on a bit more.

Cheers

Sledgehammer427
07-29-10, 09:06 PM
Thanks Frinik. I'll gladly add the download link to the main page as soon as it's released

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-08-10, 06:54 PM
PzVI Tiger Enhancement Pack - Subsim Exclusive :D

I made a small enhancement pack for the tigermod v1.0
I will post it here exclusively so feel free to use/share.

http://i49.tinypic.com/i6lb2a.png

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xtzj4e

Features:

added new mg42 sounds for both soldiers & tank.
added new diesel engine & track sounds for the tiger.
added a new fallbush camo skin.

Included Friedrich-Wilhelm's Steel Fury Missions.
so you now have 3 added missions to drive your tigers around & play in.
You can find them ingame under the user made missions.

IMPORTANT:

This is how your Installed modlist should look & the mod will work
without problems.

I am reading from the top of the list down so the pzVI Tiger Enhancement pack
should be enabled *last*.

JSGME Enabled List

1-Playable Panzer II, III & StuG v0.2
2-Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.4_eng
3-Steel_Sound_Mod_v1.1(fix)_eng
4-Tiger_Mod_v1.0
5-Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng
-->(6)-PzVI_Tiger_Epack

credits:

License:

report bugs @ subsim.com/tanksim.com
~Enjoy.

Hi Shockwave,

Thanks for including my Tiger missions for SF in your mod-pack. For work-related reasons, I have been away from Steel Fury and from this forum for some time and was pleasantly surprised when I read your post. I still won't have much time to devote to SF in the near future, but I would like to try out your pack and play my old missions with your improvements to the Tiger mod. However, I am not quite up-to-date on these mods.
I wasn't aware of a Tiger-mod 1.0, I still have 0.98. Also the playable Pz II, Pz III, and StuG III v0.2 I don't know yet. Could you please let me know where to find them.
I thought that with the release of Steel Panzers 1.4, the Playable Pz II, III, StuG III v0.2 had become obsolete. Is that not so?

Thanks for your help,

FW

frinik
09-09-10, 06:55 AM
Hi FW good to hear form you after such a long absence.

The Tiger 1_0 mod came out about 6 months ago.Basically it adds the Tiger II( Koenigstiger) to the game.You get 2 new missions, one Nepokrytoe with the Tiger II and one with the JS2 fighting the Tiger II in Borki.They're both in the single missions menu.

Rather than download that mod you'd probably be better off to wait 3 more days (on Tanker's Day in Ru with is celebrated 12th Sept) for the official Steel Panzer mod 1.5 release which will incorporate the Tiger II and many other models and mods all in one.The Tiger 1_0 mod will be part of it.However if you insist on getting it then you can either get it on the Sukhoi.ru Avia forum( in Russina but with automatic English translation) or on the Tanksim.org.ru website where you normally find all SF mods.If you need the link just PM me and I'll send it to you.

You are right the playable Panzer II,III and Stug are already included in the previous mods 1.2 and 1.3 so they are included in 1.4

Frinik

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-09-10, 11:50 AM
Hi Frinik,

Good to hear from you, too. I already have the old King-Tiger mod. I just forgot what it was called and thought that "Tiger 1.0" stood for some kind of update to "Tiger 0.98".
Anyway, I simply installed Shockwave's Tiger-I Enhancement Pack over what I already had and it works just fine. Yesterday, I was able to play my mission 4 from that pack and it was quite interesteing to see te Tiger in its new, 1943-and-onward liveree. Perhaps, the attacking Soviet tankers were surprised, too and couldn't see me; because usually, they get me toward the end of the mission, but this time they didn't and I knocked out 14 of their tanks. ;)
I really like the new paint scheme. Great job, Shockwave! The sounds of the engine and the MG42 are now different, too. As a little kid, in the early 80s, at an open house on military base in Southern Germany, I fired a Bundeswehr-MG once. I believe that this weapon was based on the old MG42. I only got to fire a burst of five rounds (blanks), but they zipped through in no time at all. If I remember correctly, it sound like a really fast sewing machine, or like ripping cardboard paper.

I really hope that Shockwave's mod will work with Steel Panzer mod 1.5 without conflict. By the way, pardon my ignorance, but why is (Soviet? Former-Soviet?) Tanker's day on September 12?

S!

FW

CCIP
09-09-10, 01:59 PM
By the way, pardon my ignorance, but why is (Soviet? Former-Soviet?) Tanker's day on September 12?

There isn't a specific event it celebrates, except that it has become traditional since a tank parade in Moscow was organized on September 8th, 1946, to celebrate the contributions of the Kantemirovskaya tank division to the war. Since then, the 2nd sunday of September is Tanker's day. In Russia, every type of military service has their own day designated, so it's only logical that tankers got their own unique one.

frinik
09-09-10, 10:21 PM
FW, the Panzer VI e Pack works with both the Steel Panzer 1.4 and unofficial 1.5 as I have it installed on all my versions and it works fine as long as you enable it last in your JSGME. It should work without problems with the official SP 1.5 as well as long as you enable it last.

The MG you fired with the Bundeswehr is the G3 which is the direct descendant of the MG42.Just a little bit modernised.BTW the American post war M60 MG also uses the MG42 features as the Americans were very impressed by it's deadly efficiency.

Cheers:up:

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-10-10, 12:38 PM
There isn't a specific event it celebrates, except that it has become traditional since a tank parade in Moscow was organized on September 8th, 1946, to celebrate the contributions of the Kantemirovskaya tank division to the war. Since then, the 2nd sunday of September is Tanker's day. In Russia, every type of military service has their own day designated, so it's only logical that tankers got their own unique one.

Thank you, CCIP. I was not aware of this. Does this mean that in Russia, there is something like "Aviator's Day," too? If so, when is it?

Regards,

FW

CCIP
09-10-10, 12:51 PM
Yup - it's October 28th (Aviator's Day or Military Flyer's Day) :)

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-10-10, 12:56 PM
SF fans.Going back to the " unofficial" Steel Panzer mods 1.5 I download( courtesy of my firend Bobosse) and installed it on one of my game and I still found it useful and interesting as a stop-gap mod.
1) it incorporates many new units in the mission Editor including; TigerII , the brummbear( unfortunately not playable), the SU122, su 85( which I had added manually) , the SU 152, new versions of the Panzer IVF2 and Tiger H, the Stug III G Saukopf and one with Zimmerit( mine protecting coat paste), the JS2 1944 version, the T34/85 1944 version and the T34/76 with the new turret.All in all interesting additions.Unfortunately the Panther, Elefant, the Marder III and Panzer IV H will have to waiat the official release. As well there are now 3 new missions one each with the SU85, Su122, and SU 152 as well as the 3 trophy(beute) missions the Panzer IIC, the Panzer IVF2 and the Tiger all playing for the reds.

What's good about this "unofficial" Steel Panzer mod 1.5 is that you only need to install the SF patch and thta 1.5 and you have all the other previous mods installed in one shot( steel sound, trophy, TIger 1.0, compass etc).It's a real time saver.Just extract it into your main game folder and make a copy of the file application into your mods folder and bingo you have SP 1.5 in your JSGME mods enabler.

Hi Frinik,

Does the unofficial Steel Panzer mod 1.5 need to be installed on top of SP 1.4, or instead of it. Is Sp 1.4 already included in the unofficial SP 1.5?

Thanks,

FW

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-10-10, 01:02 PM
Wow, that was fast! :DL

Thank you, CCIP.

S!

FW

frinik
09-10-10, 11:26 PM
FW the unofficial SP 1.5 is like any other mod it needs to be enabled last.Yes it does incorporate all of what was in SP 1.4 with a few additions.It;s not as exhaustive or complete as the official 1.5 but I intsalled it anyway as I was able to add the SU 122, SU 152, the JS2 model 1944, the Tiger II, the Brummbaer I, the Stug III F Saukopf and some variations of the T34/76, the Panzer IV and of the Tiger I into the MIssion Editor.But at this stage better wait a couple of days for the real thing.

Yeah the former Soviet states are full of these military celebrations.Ironically while they denounced German or Prussian militarism and military traditions which they embraced wholeheartedly including the Goosestep and German military drills and inspired uniforms(it started under the Tsars it s true.You could always trust the peace-loving Reds to be double-faced about everything.:hmmm:

CHeers

|if you want I ll send you some of my new missions:up:

Cheers

tigershuffle
09-11-10, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=frinik;1490441]FW the unofficial SP 1.5 is like any other mod it needs to be enabled last.Yes it does incorporate all of what was in SP 1.4 with a few additions.It;s not as exhaustive or complete as the official 1.5 but I intsalled it anyway as I was able to add the SU 122, SU 152, the JS2 model 1944, the Tiger II, the Brummbaer I, the Stug III F Saukopf and some variations of the T34/76, the Panzer IV and of the Tiger I into the MIssion Editor.But at this stage better wait a couple of days for the real thing.

|if you want I ll send you some of my new missions:up:

:salute: Hi, is SP1.5 likely to have an English version......i did install the unofficial 1.5 but it wasnt the English language version, so I uninstalled and reverted back to 1.4

If and when can you post install instructions please :doh:
any help would be appreciated.......thanks

frinik
09-11-10, 11:02 AM
Hi Tigershuffle, yes the unofficial 1.5 is only in Russian because it was a misunderstanding, one guy releasing privately to another a compilation of all the mods up to now.It wasn´t meant to be released publicly.The official 1.5 will definitely have an English translation but it will come 2 to 3 weeks after the Russian version ( based on past experience)which is due tomorrow the 12th.The unofficial version offers a few more vehciles and missions but is not comparable to the official one which will offer at least 18 new tanks and vehicles and features such as infantry riding on tanks, bunkers, field canteens and panzerschreck teams and new missions and campaigns.

:rock:
Hang on it's coming

tigershuffle
09-11-10, 11:09 AM
Hi Tigershuffle, yes the unofficial 1.5 is only in Russian because it was a misunderstanding, one guy releasing privately to another a compilation of all the mods up to now.It wasn´t meant to be released publicly.The official 1.5 will definitely have an English translation but it will come 2 to 3 weeks after the Russian version ( based on past experience)which is due tomorrow the 12th.The unofficial version offers a few more vehciles and missions but is not comparable to the official one which will offer at least 18 new tanks and vehicles and features such as infantry riding on tanks, bunkers, field canteens and panzerschreck teams and new missions and campaigns.

:rock:
Hang on it's coming

:woot::woot::woot:
sounds fantastic

frinik
09-12-10, 12:28 PM
Slight delay in the long-awaited release of the Steel Panzer 1.5 mod due to technical issues. Stone 2009 said on the Sukhoi.ru Avia forum that the expected date has been pushed to the 14th or 15th Sept.The size should be 500 mbs. This is of course the Russian release, for the English language those who want to wait will probably have to wera their heels until end of the month.It´s going to be a beta release with a new campaign coming later in order not to further delay the release.

Sorry for the bad news....:cry:

Frinik

frinik
09-12-10, 10:18 PM
Today I tried accessing the Tanksim.org.ru website where I find and download most of my SF and other mods and I got the message " you don't have permission to access this download server "

I am puzzled and worried.Has anybody else reported the same problem?:06:

Flanker15
09-12-10, 10:42 PM
Yes it's been offlimits for a while now.

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-15-10, 01:49 PM
Hi Frinik,

Did I read that correctly, there is a Brummbaer in SP 1.5-unofficial? I mean a Sturmpanzer IV:

http://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=2069

I installed the mod, but didn't see any missions for a Brummbaer. Is it only available throught the mission editor?

S!

FW

frinik
09-15-10, 11:23 PM
Hi FW, that's right the Sturmpanzer IV it is! No there's no mission for it in the unofficial 1.5 version.I expect that to come with the official release. Yes it is only ion the mission editor but it is not playable:cry:. I included it in a couple of my user-made missions.Cute to look at , the guns makes the same booming sound as the Soviet 122mm gun on the JS2/122.

Cheers

frinik
09-16-10, 03:51 AM
Bas news about the Official Steel Panzer 1.5 mod. Stone 2009 today posted that they are unable to upload the beta version because of the network instability and other technical reasons. Hard to say how they are going to solve the problem.The size of the mod - 500 mbs - is probably one reason although I have seen bigger files than this being uploaded on file share sites.No idea what the exact problem really is nor whether they can find a solution quickly.:o

Stay tuned!

Frinik

peashooter1
09-19-10, 09:08 AM
It's here

http://files.mail.ru/VSM7BV

frinik
09-19-10, 11:37 AM
Great news! Thanks very much Peashooter:yeah:! But the download rate is dreadfully slow......:cry:

peashooter1
09-19-10, 01:16 PM
Great news! Thanks very much Peashooter:yeah:! But the download rate is dreadfully slow......:cry:

Agreed frinik, took me a full 2hrs at 10:00am, plus I'm sure the word is out which is going to make it even slower to DL for sure :zzz:

I have only dabbled a little with it so far and I know it's just a beta and more is to come, but I did not see a ton of new content and no Panther or Elephant (in single mission). Wonder if I got a pooched install?:hmmm:

frinik
09-19-10, 10:36 PM
Peashooter; I am not surprised. They are not yet in the mod because the modders will release short campaigns with the Elefant and the Panther.The usual pattern is 4 missions in a mini campaign.

They said that they would release the campaigns separately at a later date so as to not delay the main mod release.

I haven't extracted the file and installed the mod yet but I hope at least that these 2 are in the Mission Editor!!!! What new models did you see in the game?

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-20-10, 12:46 PM
Thank you, Peashooter1 for posting the link. Downloading now. Frinik, I'll let you know what I find, if I can get this installed and working properly.

Cheers,

FW

frinik
09-20-10, 10:34 PM
Well I installed ti and there ain't much considering the amount of time that it took to release.I am not criticising the modders. I wish I could do 1 /10th of what they can do with a computer.But other than new vehicles in the Mission Editor( Elefant ( Ferdinand),Jagdpanther, Marder I ausf H, Tiger ausf H SS, TIger II ausf B, Panther ausf A , the Panzer II Luchs and lots of variant of the Panzer 38t. There's now a MG34 squad available but I haven't seen the Panzerschreck squad. On Soviet side you have the T34/76 1943 model, the T28(another ugly early Soviet tank), the BT7 and of coruse for both sides all the enw models that came with the 1.5 unofficial release SU 85, 122, 152, JS2 1944, Sturmpanzer IV, variants of the TIger I and Panzer IVF2, Stug III F and G ( Saukopf and Zimmerit).

MIssing are the SU100, Panzer IV G, H or J, the KV85,the StuKH42 etc

As far as the main game is concerned only the Trophy missions and the Soviet Sel;f Propelled missions are new plus new single mission for the Panther and the Luchs I beleive.

Cheers

Anyway the best is yet to come in the form of new campaigns and user-missions to be released.

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-20-10, 11:30 PM
Hi Frinik,

I installed the SP 1.5 beta mod this evening and played a few single missions. I noticed that the SdKfz 251 now has a late-war camo-pattern, which looks quite good. I didn't try the mission editor yet, and thus didn't get to see any of the newly added vehicles.
There is a Luchs in there now? Wow, I always wanted a 1:35 scale model of it, but at the time (way back in the Stoneage ;)), there was none. Are there single missions for the Luchs? I didn't see them, but then again, my skill in reading Cyrillic characters is almost non-existent.
I tried a T-34-85 night mission and noticed a funny thing. I came across a wooden watchtower, full of German soldiers and decided to knock it down with an HE-shell, which I accomplished easily enough. I watched the tower fall, but when it hit the ground, it bounced right back up into position. Kind of a rubber tower, I guess. ;)
I'll play with the mission editor perhaps on the weekend and have a look at all the new material. Did the SP 1.5 beta mod change some of the graphics settings, or landscape textures, too? The foliage seems now much more brown during daylight missions. Is there a way to get the old bright green, spring- or summer colours back?
In any case, even with the limited content, this should keep me busy for a good while. :DL So, a big THANK YOU to the makers of this mod. Looking forward to their next releases, such as campaigns and missions.

Cheers,

FW

frinik
09-21-10, 03:57 AM
Hi Friedrich!

It seems to me that there's single mission for the Luchs in the single mission menu( you'll find one single mission for the Panther, one for the Tiger II ausf B, one for the JS2 as well as the formwer single missions for a variety of tanks introduced in previous mods and the original single missions.However with the Luchs now in the ME you can easily make your own. I think we will have to wait for the campaigns and some user-made missions perhaps with new maps( that's what the modders were hinting on the Sukhoi.ru forum) to see the Luchs, Panzer 39t, the T28, the Panther, Jagdpanther,Elefant, the T34/76 1943 and Marder.Expect single missions with the Panzerschreck, bunkers and MG34 squads as well( my hunch).Again it seems that the Flakpanzer Vierling in not playable.We are missing flamethrowing tanks as well( it woudl be cool to have the Flammpanzer and it's Soviet equivalent in the game...).

There should be a way to have the grass and trees burning in the game.It 's unrealistic that during a mission with intensive firefights the houses, tanks, vehicles and soldiers burn but the trees and vegetation don't?????As well why is it that the tanks turrets never blow up like in TvsT, PE and other games.When you watch newsreels from the war you see tanks which blew apart and were decapitated by direct hits or internal explosions.????Another problem I have is with the explosions.Artillery barrages make paltry , puff sounds.There are no loud explosions when shells hit the grounds or crash on a target.The amount of flames and smoke coming off a burning tank/vehicle is also inadequate. I remember watching various documentaries and news reel and you can see plumes of smoke very high in sky and the tanks totally engulfed in flames. If I knew how I would tweak the game to have these elements of realism added to the game.The damage fx are also subdued. Tanks only show shell holes or scars where a shell has grazed the armour. No dent, no bent or twisted metal, no broken guns, torn turrets or parts.If this could be added the game play atmosphere, already good ,would be greatly enhanced....

There are excellent features in the game's effects, the cloud or mist of particles when a tank is hit, the ball of fire puffing into the air when the fuel tank or ammunition load ignite, the smoke coming out of tank that has been hit in the engine, the burning crew bailing out and running away, the tracers, the density of the explosions is satisfying, the haze of smoke during an intense battle is also amazing.The noise ambience with men screaming,machine guns rattling, tank or AT guns barking , tanks smoking or in flame etc is very compelling.But there'sstill room for improvement.

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-21-10, 05:22 PM
Hi Frinik,

I agree with you in regard to the kind of atmosphere/immersion enhancing improvement that I would like to see in the game as well. However, this probably represents considerable effort on the part of whoever would be taking this on, revisions to the damage model and to the graphics components would probably have to be included. Lot's of work that I have not the slightest idea of how to do. Thus, I am very grateful to what the mod-makers have already provided us with, at no cost, too. :DL
However, I do have a few techincal questions about SP 1.5 beta. I checked my Single Missions folder; the one in the game-install, as well as the one that comes with SP 1.5 beta. I did see a single mission for the Tiger II and the JS-122, but none for the Panther and the Luchs. Do you have them in your install?
Furthermore, I noticed that the "levels" folder for the missions includes a folder called "cocpits" (without the "k"). This includes files for a T-34/85 cockpit. However, that, too does not show up in my game.
Did I perhaps botch something in the install? I installed the SP 1.5 beta package to a "New Folder" on my desktop and then placed the folder "Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_beta" from the new folder in the "MODS"-folder of my game and activated the mod via JSGME. These are the mods I have activated, in this order:

Steel_Sound_Mod_v1_1_fix_eng; Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_beta; Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng; PzVI_Tiger_Epack

Instead of using JSGME, should I simply have manually placed the files from SP 1.5 beta into their appropriate folders in my game install and overwritten any files when asked (permanent install)? I haven't tried that, yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

FW

frinik
09-22-10, 01:53 AM
Hi Fried!

I'll have to check my game menu again but I am positive I saw a single user mission with the Panther it's the Peschanoye one which used to be played with the T34/7r beutepanzer.As for the Luchs I may have been deluded.It may have been a single user mission with the Panzer II C that I saw.

By the way I created a small try mission to play with that Luchs and the Panzer 38 ausf G and the new Soviet tanks T28 and the T34/76 1943 model. The Luchs is nice and cool and I killed 4 tanks with it (T34 1941, a T28, a Mark III and a T26).However it's too smalll for me and not my kind of playable tank.I also tried the Jagdpanther and quite an impressive beast.I love it.It will go well with the Stug III F and G, and the Hetzer to fight off Soviet armoured offensives.The Elefant is OK n but frankly not as aplayable tank for me.However to make good defensive missions it will be a good addition.The Tiger I SS mysteriously I was able to play it once and since it crashes my missions and the ME with a white screen error????This new mod is very strange it allows me to play some of the missions I made with the unofficial 1.5 release and even make modifications without problems but some of the others I made with the same unoff 1.5 just crash with a white screen!!!!! I haven't been able to figure out why???I even created a trial mission with the 1.5 beta release on my laptop but when I transferred that mission into the beta release on my pc it crashed with a white screen????It's the same install!!!

Anyway I am keeping 3 distinct mods. The 1.4, the unofficial 1.5 which is not as comprehensive but very stable and offers more than the 1.4 and the beta 1.5.This way I can dab with 3 different types of mods.I''ll recyckle your Tiger missions and use them to make new versions to go along with the beta release.I may even remake your Tiger mission 04( defending Taranovka village) with a ring of bunkers, panzerschreck teams hiding in the forest by the village, MG34 emplacements to fight off the infantry attack and allow the AT guns and the lone tank( may be a Tiger II or a Panther instead of the Tiger I) to focus on the tanks.

2 cool additions; the panzerstoerersgruppen which consits of a team of panzerschreck soldiers. I tried them and they managed to kill 2 tanks.Very useful to make ambush-type missions or defend a village or fortified position. There's also a MG34 team which I haven't tried but will be useful when you are attacked by infantry.There's also what they call tower in the ME and which are small bunkers with a MG and a soldier equipped with a MP40.Thus you can now create new defensive position swith MG34s nests, bunkers, panzerschreck groups, AT guns and jagdpanzers .Very Nice work that these guys did!

I haven't played the stock missions yet( to tell you the truth I am starting to modify them to tailor them more to my action-oriented taste but I'll give it a go since you T34/85 story intrigues me....

The new Panther is not as nice as the experimental one they had with the Panther-Hetzer mod.However it's adequate and I have started to modify some of my existing missions replacing the Tiger with it.

RE the mods install; I have 2 methods.One is to extract the mod into a separate folder. Then I take the resulting application folder which I paste straight into my game's mod folder.With vista if your game is in the C drive it's the onyl way to go. You have no choice but to use the JSGME to enable your mods it's the only way to go.Me too I have that cocpit feature which I did not touch .However remember this a beta release which means that there are impecfections and missing files.I suspect in a few weeks they will release an Alpha 1.5 mod which will replace the one we have and may include campaigns.I don't think you did not instal properly your mod.BTW I'll email you some of my best unoff 1.5 release missions.

Or another method is to install the zip file into my game main folder and extract it on the spot and the application folder goes straigth into the mods folder of the game .This you can do with windows 7 or XP.

Cheers FW:salute:

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-22-10, 12:36 PM
Hi Frinik,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I would really like to try some of the missions your created with all these new goodies. My old SP 1.4 +Tiger-mod missions don't run on eiterh SP 1.5 unofficial, or on SP 1.5 beta. I keep getting the white error screen. Your approach of keeping several separate installs is probably best suited to testing different new releases. i wanted to avoid having more than one install to save some space, but I'll proabably will have to go that route, too. I used to do it with the desert mod and the winter mod, but then, after recent PC troubles, I scrapped all those extra installs.
Please do email me your new missions. I'd love to try them, but let's see whether they will even open on my install. :DL
By the way, after installing SP 1.5 beta, plus the English-language fix, most of the menues in the mission editor are now neither in Cyrillic, nor English, but mostly just question marks and other garbled characters.

S!

FW

frinik
09-23-10, 03:07 AM
Hi FW, I have a Panther mission in my single user menu.Oddly it's with the Panther G model(which I liked better than the one they made for SP 1.5) and it's the Peschanoye mission.I haven't played it.No mission for the Luchs as you saidf.My mistake.

The T34/85 has new missions and this is great because frankly I was a bit annoyed when they recycled the old stock T34/76 missions and simply replaced the T34/76 by the 34/85 model and left the poor Germans unchanged with Stugs III C or D and Panzer IIIs or IVE having to fight 1943/44 Soviet tanks...The missions were so easy and predictable ....Now the game is balanced with Panthers and Tigers and Panzers IV F2( still waiting for my G or H model...) and late war Stugs.

I have the same problem you do with SP 1.4 being incompatible with 1.5 unoff and 1.5 beta....This is really annoying because for me too I cannot play or even modify my or your user-made missions to adapt and update them!What I suspect is hapenning is that because of different type of tanks, guns and APCs have been introduced with both the unoff and beta 1.5 and old ones have either been modified or given new vesions and this creates conflict within the ME and your game when you try to play or edit SP 1.4 user-missions on the newer mods.The techncfg and other sub folders have been modified to a point they are no longer compatible from one mod to another one.I really wish this could be addressed for continuity's sake!This means I'll have to redo from scratch some of my 1.4 user-made missions to update them.Good opportunity to rework them but I have over 80 so it ain't going to fun!!!I'll just keep the best ones I guess.

I have played the Jagdpanther.What a beautiful beast.Tough and nasty for Soviet tanks...Excellent supplement to the Stugs and Hetzers.The Ferdinand( Elefant) is also something but I am surprised the modders introduced that vehicle of which only 90 units were produced instead of say the Hummel or Wespe which were produced in greater numbers and had a greater impact on the War. I have yet to try playing the Brummbaer/Strumpanzer and the Marder.The T34/76 model 1943 looks very nice and interesting.On the other hand I can't say that I am impressed by the boxy T28 or Panzer 38t.Still useful additions when creating early war missions.One point of sorrow the Tiger e pack is not compatible with the SP 1.5 beta.I enabled it but all I hear is the game stock sound of the German MGs and the great yellow/green camo is gone!!!! I'' ll if he can modify his epack to make it compatible with the 1.5 beta!!!Funny cause it works with the unofficial 1.5?????

I have 5 installations 2 beta 1.5 , 2 1.5 unofficial and 1 sp 1.4 on my pc + my 5 backup installations on my Toshiba laptop.The annoying part is that for some odd reason some of my unoff 1.5 missions also give me the white screen on the beta 1.5 and some missions I tried to create on the beta release also give me the white screen????? I am starting it suspect that it's becasue some of the models in the ME are not yet in the game menu thus is creates a conflict because some files are not found by the game engine and thus it crashes..Hopefully an Alpha release with campaigns and missions being added will solve the problem.

Always goood to tak FW I'll email you by the weekend at the latest!

Cheers

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-23-10, 11:44 AM
Hi Frinik,

I checked the single-missions folder in my SP 1.5 beta install. There, the Panther did not replace the captured T-34/76; but at least the captured T-34s have now German late-war camo. :DL
On my SP 1.5 beta install, the Tiger E-pack seems to run just fine (Late-war camo for the Tiger, new MG-42 sound). It is enabled as the last mod in my install.
In regard to the popularity of the Elefant/Ferdinand in Russia, I assume that it has acquired somewhat of an emblematic status, representing the Battle of Kursk. When my wife and I visited friends in Kursk, a few years ago, the local-history museum's section on WW II was full of images of the Elefant. They had a big diorama of the battle that nicely faded into a mural. This wall painting included plenty of burning Elefants as well. Apparently, the Soviets captured several of these vehicles and, of course, there were the ones that had been knocked out during combat, that could be retrieved from the battlefield afterwards. I believe, there even is an Elefant at the tank museum in Prokhorovka (spelling?), but unfortunately, we didn't have time to go there on our visit. Thus, I think that the Elefant has become a bit of a symbol for the Soviet vistory at Kursk. It's in just about every memorial for the Battle, representing German armor, much more so than the Panthers or Tigers, never mind the Mark IV's, etc.
But I agree, it would be great to have the Nashorn/Hornisse, the Jagdpanzer IV, or maybe even Dicker Max and Sturer Emil in the game, although these last two only existed in the form of two prototypes each, if I remember correctly.

Looking forward to your email,

FW

frinik
09-24-10, 02:38 AM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM you visited Kursk???Interesting. Official Soviet Hagiography has turned this battle or rather series of battle in a Soviet victory and many publications describe it as a German defeat.It was more or less the opposite.The Germans indeed stopped the offensive( Hitler 's decision based on the Invasion of Sicily) but the Soviet manpower losses 750 000 KIA,Wded,MIA were 5 times those of the Germans 157 000 KIA,Wded,MIA
In terms of armour it was 7 times!!! Strategically it was a German failure because they abandoned before completing their objectives.But in terms of sheer losses it was a clear Soviet defeat.

As for the Elefant according to Thomas Jentz, the number one expert of the German-Soviet War, no Elefant was lost to Soviet fire.One broke down after hitting a mine and about 15 were disabled because of mechanical failure.The captured Elefants you see in the FSU states are simply captured vehicles.Despite Communist propaganda they were never able to destroy one! Don't beleiev too much what you see in the Eastern Europe.Thanks to propaganda, fiction has become history until it is accepted as facts.

You're right about the Panther.It says Panther G in single mission menu but when you open it it's only the T34/7r with new camo.However you can go into the mission editor and chnage the tank to the one of your liking.I am going to do that for some of the single and campaign missions.

I tried the new mission with the T34/85 and it's refreshing.Nothing really challenging but at least it's not the same old stock missions recycled with a simple change of tanks!The KV2 missions seem to have changed too

The Tiger epack even enabled last does not work for me!I'll try to re-install it perhaps it might work again

One thing I have noticed my fps have dropped with SP 1.5 beta compared with the unoff icial and even morew with SP 1.4????

Rends
09-24-10, 07:32 PM
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]One thing I have noticed my fps have dropped with SP 1.5 beta compared with the unoff icial and even morew with SP 1.4????

same here.
Hope someone can post this on the russian forum!

Txema
09-24-10, 08:43 PM
Hi everybody !!

I have done a quick and very basic translation of the Steel Panzer 1.5 beta mod.

I want to remark that it is very basic, using previously translated texts of SPM 1.4 and Google translator. The T34-85 and the Trophy campaigns are not translated, but the rest is translated AFAIK.

Initially, I have done the mod for my personal use but now I have thought that perhaps somebody could benefit at least a bit from it, so I have decided to share it. It is packed to be used with the JoneSoft Mod Enabler. Enable it after Steel Panzer Mod 1.5 beta.

Download it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/421088351/SPM_V1.5_beta_English-patch.rar

Please, take into account that it is a very basic translation done using just Google translate !!

If somebody wants to improve or complete the translation he is wellcome to use my mod as a starting point.

If somebody can upload this mod in a better place he is wellcome to do it.

Enjoy !!!

Txema

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-25-10, 02:10 AM
Thank you, Txema.

This is very, very helpful. Much appreciated. :)

FW

woofiedog
09-25-10, 02:18 AM
Txema... Thank's for the patch... it works great!

tigershuffle
09-25-10, 04:05 AM
Hi everybody !!

I have done a quick and very basic translation of the Steel Panzer 1.5 beta mod.

I want to remark that it is very basic, using previously translated texts of SPM 1.4 and Google translator. The T34-85 and the Trophy campaigns are not translated, but the rest is translated AFAIK.

Initially, I have done the mod for my personal use but now I have thought that perhaps somebody could benefit at least a bit from it, so I have decided to share it. It is packed to be used with the JoneSoft Mod Enabler. Enable it after Steel Panzer Mod 1.5 beta.

Download it here:

Please, take into account that it is a very basic translation done using just Google translate !!

If somebody wants to improve or complete the translation he is wellcome to use my mod as a starting point.

Enjoy !!!

Txema

Thanks for your hard work ...:salute:
im just postin link in World of Tanks forum to link here for Steel Fury and also T34vsTiger.......the world should know these are still alive and kicking :|\\

Txema
09-25-10, 07:23 PM
Hi everybody !!

Download it here:

Enjoy !!!

Txema

Hi again !!

I have improved this english patch adding the translation of the names corresponding to the new units present in Steel Panzer Mod beta 1.5. This is specially usefull for mission designers :DL

You can download it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/421490972/SPM_V1.5_beta_English-patch_ver2.rar

Enjoy !!!

Txema

Rends
09-26-10, 01:40 PM
Sounds good but the

Download link is broken (reached 10 dl limit).

Please upload again!

Txema
09-26-10, 02:37 PM
SPM 1.5 beta translation mod file uploaded again:

Rends, if you want to upload the file to your web site to avoid this problem in the future, you are wellcome to do it. :DL

Txema

Rends
09-26-10, 06:38 PM
SPM 1.5 beta translation mod file uploaded again:

Rends, if you want to upload the file to your web site to avoid this problem in the future, you are wellcome to do it. :DL

Txema

Thx.

I have uploaded the file to :

http://www.filefront.com/17324205/SPM_V1.5_beta_English-patch_ver2.rar

frinik
09-26-10, 10:34 PM
Txema, muchisimas gracias por el buen trabajo!Te agradecemos todos!:salute:

rinik

Txema
09-27-10, 12:00 PM
Thx.

I have uploaded the file to :

http://www.filefront.com/17324205/SPM_V1.5_beta_English-patch_ver2.rar

Rends,

Thank you very much for uploading the file there :DL

Txema

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-27-10, 02:39 PM
Hello All,

I have a question to anybody knowledgeable on the SP 1.5 beta mod. I highly appreciate all the work that you talented folks have done and I am enjoying this addition to SF greatly. However, I do have a technological question, or perhaps a bug report. When playing the Marder III, I cannot move/traverse the gun when in the gunsight view. It is just stuck and doesn't move at all, no matter how much I move my mouse. Did anybody else notice this? Or is it just me not knowing which button to press to unlock the gun? :hmmm:

Any help with that would be great.

Thanks,

FW

frinik
09-28-10, 12:45 AM
Rends I downloaded and installed your new Prokhorovska Beta Campaign.6 missions! Man you are spoiling us./Unfortuntaely I wasn't able to play it because I installed late last night and when I tried to play it this morning I got a white screen ( possibly my pc giving me trouble again).I will install it on my laptop with my spare games and tried to play your missions.Anyway, in anticipation, a huge thank you for the work you are doing.I am very eager to play your new missions and give you feedback.

Is there anyway I could use your new Kursk maps?Do you have them in datapack format?I would install them in my ME and remake some of the stock SF missions.Please let me know.

Anyway on behalf of all SF fans Vielen Dank!:yeah:

frinik
09-28-10, 12:47 AM
FW, I have the same problem.I didn't pay attention to it because at the time I was testing the Marder I was hit by a T34/85 and simply thought that the hit had disabled my gun.I haven't seen any report of a bug on the Avia forum.I think the only way to know is to test your Marder in a trial mission in the ME. Try pressing all the keys until you hit the spot.A short list of likely keys would be G or O. Have you tried letting the AI man the gun while assuming another position either commander, loader or driver?May be the AI is programmed in the game to automatically unfasten the gun from its mount?Then once the gun is free you can take over as gunner.:oTry that with just a few enemy tanks to see if it works for you....

Cheers

woofiedog
09-28-10, 04:43 AM
Txema... Thank's for the translation mod... it works great! :D

woofiedog
09-28-10, 05:42 AM
Was just running a mission with the Marder I and was able to traverse the main gun with no problems.

I have my JSGME set up for the game as follows... Playable Panzer II, III & StuG v0.2, Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng, stugIIIG_Mod_v1.0, Steel_Sound_Mod_v1.1(fix)_eng, Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_beta and SPM_V1.5_beta_English-patch.

A couple of screens taken from the gunner's position and traversing the main gun while stopped and firing on the enemy tanks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/woofiedog/T-34%20vs%20Tiger/shot_2010_09_28_06_07_24_0000.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/woofiedog/T-34%20vs%20Tiger/shot_2010_09_28_06_07_47_0001.jpg

frinik
09-28-10, 07:04 AM
Woofiedog you don't need to have the Playable Panzer II, III & StuG v0.2,
stugIIIG_Mod_v1.0 mods enabled anymore as they are contained in the Steel Panzer 1.5 beta.You'll see the Stug IIII F missions included in the game menu.

Cheers

Txema
09-28-10, 07:51 AM
Fix for the Marder released by Stone 2009 in the russian Forums. :salute:

Fixed a problem with the sight of Marder , as well as an issue where , together with a platoon of machine gunners WPRA appear anti-aircraft guns.

Download here:

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=117759&d=1285670878

woofiedog
09-28-10, 10:34 AM
Thank's for the information... will update my JSGME files! :DL

Aces
09-29-10, 10:11 AM
Greeting Woofiedog mate!, long time no see from the UBI IL-2 forum days.

Best Regards

Aces

woofiedog
09-29-10, 11:17 AM
Aces it is very good to hear from you... they still ask about IL2-MAT Manager from time to time.

Take it Easy! :D

Friedrich-Wilhelm
09-29-10, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the Marder III-fix, Txema. Now the gunsight works.

:DL

FW

U-Schultz
09-30-10, 10:10 PM
Just d/led the 1.5 beta.

I currently have about every mod for SF active so, not knowing what the 1.5 beta includes, my question would be:

What mods should I use with 1.5 beta?
I would think the Sound mods would be okay but what else?

Thanks!

frinik
10-01-10, 02:12 AM
U-Schultz,

While the beta release includes all the previous improvements and vehicles added in previous mods 1.1, 1.2,1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 unofficial it does not include all the sounds and texture mods

.I personally have enabled in JSGME in my beta 1.5 install in order : the Frontline Accoustics 1.1, the Compass Mod v0.2, the Steel Sound Collection, the Free Camera mod, the Muddy and Dusty Textures 1.0,the Steel textures mod, Steel Panzer beta 1.5 , the Tiger VI epack( a recent mod which adds field camo for the Tiger I and better sounds for the MG34 in all German tanks ) and lastly the unoffical patch 1.0 engl. version.

You don't need some of the former mods like the Optic mod, the Trophy mod, the Tiger 0.97/.0.98 or 1.0 mods, the Hetzer mod, the Stug III D or F mods nor the T34./85 and T60 mods as they are now all incorporated in SP 1.5 beta.

Cheers

U-Schultz
10-01-10, 05:27 AM
Excellent!

Thanks again for the answer - now to get busy.

U-Schultz
10-02-10, 05:28 AM
Based on the post at the top of the page I may be having a problem.

Do the add-on (non stock) tanks have cockpits in 1.5?

Did 2 quick test missions and they show up fine in a stock tank (Pz IV - stock mission) but tried a (presumed) 1.5 mission (Russian operated Pz VI (Captured Tiger?)) and no cockpit.

In the past non stock tanks had no cockpits - is that still the case?

frinik
10-03-10, 02:28 AM
U Schultz you don't have a problem.Most of the new tanks released by modders have no cockpits because making them is very time consuming.I guess it's task for some other modder with talent and dedication.

tigershuffle
10-15-10, 01:16 PM
Hello..........whilst looking for a link to Frontline Acoustics mod, i stumbled accross this post.
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3023787/Re_Steel_Fury_Kharkov_1942_The.html

seems a pretty good link for resources. Maybe you could sticky a link or even copy with the authors permission.

:03:

oh and i should add that the link in that post for the mediafire download link to all mods is fantastic!! :)

Sledgehammer427
11-01-10, 06:04 PM
tigershuffle, I'll have to see if I can add that link to the SF resources thread, I had a read through it and I like that it tells you about what the mod is, better than taking shots in the dark. :yeah:

Also, sorry for being gone so long guys. I've been lurking the very forum I moderate! :dead:
Does anyone know how far along the (real) Steel Panzer 1.5 mod is? I'm eager to get my hands on it, going to download the beta and hope that holds me over for a while

EDIT:
I added the Tiger Enhancement mod to the mods list on the front page, a belated thanks to Shockwave

frinik
11-02-10, 07:02 AM
My feeling Sledge is that the Alpha release may not come at all as I expected it would. Reading the threads of the Avia forum where the modders are active and I am getting the feeling that they are going to produce patches and fixes for the little bugs and then gradually release new missions ( piecemeal?) for the new vehicles :Elefant, Panther, T28, JS2 1944, T34/43, Jagdpanther etc.in the forms of mini campaigns or single missions and eventually new user-made missions will sprout. If I were you I wouldn't wait too much for an Alpha release and just downlaad the beta release and the patch and fixes.

To the resources I'll add my own common resolution and modified tech-cfg files for those who want to correct glaring errors in German and Soviet tank, guns and ammo specs. I have modified (corrected) armour thickness, quality, ammo load for the Tiger I,II,Panther ausf. D and T34/85 and T34/7r( German beutepanzer T34/76). My specs are the result of research from several sources.They make the German tanks stronger as per reality and the T34/85 not as strong (still potent) but as it really was. there was an interesting exchange on the Avia forum yesterday about a guy asking how whether the German hit coefficient - set at 0.1 compared to 0.3 for Soviet tanks - was not understated.The answer was " this is the value that was set by the developers in the original game").This would tend to reinforce my belief that the developers, as good patriots, might have wanted to skew the game in favour of their side.

Sledgehammer427
11-05-10, 11:50 PM
Frinik, those tweaks sound excellent. do you have a download yet?

TO ALL!
Please be sure to reference all people looking for Steel Fury mods to the second post in this thread. I've done what I can to keep up with the current mods releases, and please don't be afraid to let me know when something new is released, either by posting here or by PM.
Another thing that I request, I understand that a lot of mods are coming from the Sukhoi.ru forum, and I don't know if it's just my computer, but every link I've ever went to leading to that site brings me to a "brick wall."
I'm just asking, when you post links, try to post them directly from the download site, not the Sukhoi forum.
(edit, to give an example. look t the link fo the TigerEnhancement mod I just added to the resources thread, it goes straight to the download site)
I hate to be a pain in the arse, but I would like to bring the mods to the members here reliably and ASAP.
Thank you,
Sh427

frinik
11-06-10, 12:30 AM
Sledge my problem is that I don't have a download site.I wonder if I paste them directly on a post will they be accessible????:hmmm:

Sledgehammer427
11-06-10, 01:27 AM
you can always get a Mediafire account. that's what I use to host my mods (links in my sig) and they won't randomly delete your files like Filefront does. it's free, by the way.

Sledgehammer427
12-20-10, 07:18 PM
time to do some moderator stuff. Okay so here's what I'm going to do.

I would like to unmerge these two posts. I haven't heard of anyone playing Steel Panthers and I'm not seeing any interest being displayed on here. So I'm going to remove the Steel Panthers post and the mods links, and turn this thread into a Steel Fury discussion thread (since that's what it's become anyway :D)
while taking the mods+links page and turning it into a new post, so you guys can still discuss the current events in SF and the new guys can go straight to the mods without having to rifle through 5-6 pages of stuff.
-claps- time to get to work.

ontos
01-22-11, 07:18 PM
I hope this is the right thread to ask this, I tried to download the Steel Panzer 1.5 from the tanksim site, it sent me to a Russian download, the little timer went round but I can't find the file on my computer :oops: Any suggestions:hmmm:

Sledgehammer427
01-22-11, 08:02 PM
ontos, could you be so kind as to send me the download link you used?
perhaps I could figure out what happened, those russian download sites are a little sketchy sometimes.

ontos
01-22-11, 09:02 PM
This is the one I used. I switched the language to English when I downloaded. :) http://tanksim.org.ru/wfdownloads-singlefile.lid-71.htm

Sledgehammer427
01-22-11, 09:54 PM
hmmm.you know this is the link for the 1.3 version, we are on the 1.5 beta now, which is stable, in case you get a little psyched out by the beta tag.

ontos
01-22-11, 10:29 PM
I searched for the 1.5 at the site and then hit the download and it sent me to the Russian site. I also used the link in the mods thread and it sent me to the same place. I wonder if you have to join the site to down load files :oops: This is the site they sent me to http://files.mail.ru/VSM7BV . Could my virus protector keep it from downloading ?

Kyth
01-22-11, 11:01 PM
Hi,

The link doesn't work for me either. :hmmm:

I've posted the SPM1.5 file on my host site temporarily, until things get better:

http://www.4shared.com/file/mpfv8bAy/Steel_Panzer_Mod_v15_beta.html

frinik
01-23-11, 12:39 AM
Ontos with those Russian websites what you have to do is open a new window to be able to download their stuff.Otherwise you get re-directed to a page full of averts....

Try the tanksim.org.ru website.I checked it out 2 days ago and they now have Beta 1.5 available for downlaod.It's a fairly user-friendly website with automatic translation into English:here's the link I just clicked on it now and it worked:http://tanksim.org.ru/

The download link for Beta 1.5 is on the right side (bottom) of the main page.

Cheers

Sledgehammer427
01-23-11, 01:08 AM
Kyth, if you don't mind, I'll add that link to the mods downloads page.
do you plan on having it up for a while?

ontos
01-23-11, 02:11 AM
frinik, I tried that link and it did the same thing. Kyth, I downloaded it from your link and it loaded on my desk top, I'm on a diferrent computer now, tomorrow I'll down load it on the one I have Steel Fury on.

Thanks all for your great help, cheers.

Kyth
01-23-11, 02:25 AM
Kyth, if you don't mind, I'll add that link to the mods downloads page.
do you plan on having it up for a while?

Sure, that's okay,

I'll let you know if I plan to take it down, but for the next couple months at least, it should be good as a backup / alternative link.

frinik
01-23-11, 06:37 AM
This is odd because I just tried it again now after reading your post and it worked without a problem ???Here´s the proof below I just copied the download links on the lower right side of the main page:

Section = Downloads = (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/)

15-Dec-2010 5:16 Patch # 5a (for AP: OZ) (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=134)
15-Dec-2010 5:10 Upgrading to version 5.61 (AP: OZ) (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=133)
04-Dec-2010 00:46 Desert Mod [by NSU] (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=132)
03-Dec-2010 23:54 Kyth Mission 2 (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=131)
03-Dec-2010 23:35 Kyth Mission 1 (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=130)
03-Dec-2010 23:26 Mission - Hurry up kubelwagen! v1.0 (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=129)
03-Dec-2010 22:42 Autumn mo (o) d [by lajcak] (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=128)
06-Nov-2010 1:02 Steel Panzer Mod v1.5 (beta) (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=127)
29-May-2010 8:04 Total Realism Mod v1.02 (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=126)
29-May-2010 7:25 Kharkovpedia v1.01 (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=125)
Section = Downloads = (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/)

15-Dec-2010 5:16 Patch # 5a (for AP: OZ) (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=134)
15-Dec-2010 5:10 Upgrading to version 5.61 (AP: OZ) (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=133)
04-Dec-2010 00:46 Desert Mod [by NSU] (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=132)
03-Dec-2010 23:54 Kyth Mission 2 (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=131)
03-Dec-2010 23:35 Kyth Mission 1 (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=130)
03-Dec-2010 23:26 Mission - Hurry up kubelwagen! v1.0 (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=129)
03-Dec-2010 22:42 Autumn mo (o) d [by lajcak] (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=128)
06-Nov-2010 1:02 Steel Panzer Mod v1.5 (beta) (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=127)
29-May-2010 8:04 Total Realism Mod v1.02 (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=126)
29-May-2010 7:25 Kharkovpedia v1.01 (http://tanksim.org.ru/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?lid=125)

Kyth
01-23-11, 09:05 AM
Hi Frinik,

Tanksim.org.ru site is fine;
it's the file-hosting site, files.mail.ru, which seems to be stuck in a loop - maybe a temporary thing, maybe not :06:

By the way, I hope that tanksim.org download page gets updated soon - they're only linking to my first 2 missions :D

ontos
01-23-11, 02:24 PM
Thanks frinik, Kyth and sledge for your help :yeah: I'm downloading 1.5 now. When it's done I just drop it in the JSGME right! One more question my main gun wont traverse when my vehicle is moving the AI seems to have control, but when stopped it works fine, is that normal ? Ooops, I loaded the 1.5 and it changed everything to Russian, do you have the english version or?

Sledgehammer427
01-23-11, 09:04 PM
By the way, I hope that tanksim.org download page gets updated soon - they're only linking to my first 2 missions :D

I should make sure I still have all of them on the mods resources page.

ontos
01-23-11, 09:53 PM
Can I assume that an English version hasn't been released yet.

Kyth
01-23-11, 11:29 PM
Hi Ontos,

There doesn't appear to be any 'official' English version as yet.
However, there is an English patch (in Googlish, rather) :DL that should tide you over till then,

There's also a 'beta-fix' to update the SPM 1.5, which is still officially a 'beta'.

Confused yet? :D

Fear not, the summary below (the activated mods box) displays everything needed to get SPM 1.5 up and running, in that sequence:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Hbtk24rNEPw/TTEHFZw8q4I/AAAAAAAAAHs/qdwe_66H29w/s800/Howto.jpg

frinik
01-24-11, 09:11 AM
On the Sukhoi.ru Avia forum the Beta 1.5 guys who released it (Stone 2009, SHUN and Maleskin to name only 3) hinted yesterday that they are working on an Alpha release which should incorporate all the fixes and most likely missions to go with the new tanks and vehicles introduced when Beta was released.It's a work in progress with no timeline given by I suspect by end of March we should have an Alpha release.

Let's wait .AS for an English version don't bet on anything until the Alpha comes out.

ontos
01-24-11, 03:57 PM
Thank you all for your help and support :yeah: :yeah: Now if I can make it through a mission without getting destroyed :DL Is there a target range in the game?

frinik
01-25-11, 07:50 AM
No not as far as I know but I think a guy made a shooting-targetting mission.Was it on the Graviteam forum????
IT comes with practice. Usin g the German gun sights is fairly easy but the Sov ones are a bit more compliacted.What you need to differentiate is of course between AP and HE.As HE rounds are lighter and with less propellant you need to set-grade the sights higher to reach the same distance to compensate.

ontos
01-25-11, 11:54 AM
Thanks frinik, I tried to go to the Graviteam forum, but it seems to not be there anymore. I tried to go there awhile back and could not find it, I used my saved link but zero results. Do you have a link to their site?

Kyth
01-26-11, 01:05 AM
Here's the link:

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=529.0

Not to over-simplify matters, there's a right and not-so-right way to do things like using the tank's gun, but my method is to eyeball it!

Raise the gun higher for longer-distance targets; give some lead for moving targets. See where the shell lands and adjust accordingly. And that's my quick and dirty way to do it :D

ontos
01-30-11, 03:13 PM
I used your link for Gravitean Site and this is what came up. Could my Virus Protection be stopping it from loading? Sorry I'm not real computer savvy :oops: I hate to keep asking questions, but are there camo skins available for the vehicles as add ons?

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd348/mapal/CraveteamSiteErrorA.jpg

Sledgehammer427
01-30-11, 06:19 PM
I'm using firefox and the graviteam forum opened up with no virus alerts. it could be that your connection isn't fast enough, or that opening up a new internet explorer slowed EVERYTHING down. using IE is too much of a hassle.

Kyth
01-30-11, 07:17 PM
I used your link for Gravitean Site and this is what came up. Could my Virus Protection be stopping it from loading?

Hi Ontos,

That's 90% probable :DL

You might try 2 other ways to get there:

An easy way: Right-click on the given link and select 'open in new tab'; or

A not-so-easy way: In the browser address bar, type in http://graviteam.com/forum (http://graviteam.com/forum), Enter, and look for the thread 'Gunnery range - practice mission' on the 3rd page of the Steel Fury forum.

Good luck!

ontos
02-03-11, 12:20 PM
OK, I got it working, I had to add the IP address to my virus program to allow. Got to the site without a problem. Thanks everyone for your help :DL

Tobruk
03-03-11, 12:44 AM
Can anyone help me with some instructions on how to instal Kyth's missions. I am having trouble getting them to work or even knowing where to instal them.

Thanks.

Kyth
03-03-11, 03:11 AM
Can anyone help me with some instructions on how to instal Kyth's missions. I am having trouble getting them to work or even knowing where to instal them.

Thanks.

Hi Tobruk,

No worries, I've done a write-up on the straightest way to get the missions up and running, you can view it in this thread (you'll need to scroll down quite a bit):

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176850&page=3

Good luck!

Tobruk
03-03-11, 05:35 AM
Thank you muchly I will take a look :up:

Tobruk
03-10-11, 06:21 AM
Can anyone offer me a working link to download

SPM_V1.5_beta_fix

I am trying to set my mods up correctly and cannot find this download.

Cheers

Kyth
03-10-11, 07:40 AM
There's another download link at the SimHQ forum,

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3021012/Steel_Fury_Kharkov_1942_The_Es.html#Post3021012

As well as a useful summary of available mods,

:salute: