PDA

View Full Version : DSRV problems!

Ptroinks
01-20-06, 04:15 PM
I'm making a campaign, and in one of the missions, the player's 688i has to rescue the crew of another sub. The DSRV deploys ok, but I can't get it to dock with the 688 when it has completed the rescue. It just goes back to the exact spot where it launched, and It's virtually impossible to stay at EXACTLY the same spot as when I release it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Another (cosmetic) problem, is that the DSRV travels on the surface on its way to the other sub and never really docks with it, but circles around it on the surface for a while before returning (or, trying to return ;) ). I hope there's some way to fix these problems, but the first one is, of course, most important.

OneShot
01-20-06, 04:40 PM
Sad to say it, but thats an old hat. That Bug has been there since DW 1.0 (and probably before). Sorry

Cheers
OS

Fish
01-20-06, 05:43 PM
Sad to say it, but thats an old hat. That Bug has been there since DW 1.0 (and probably before). Sorry

Cheers
OS
Since Sub Command! :(

XabbaRus
01-20-06, 05:43 PM
I think it is a doctrine thing.

It worked in SC but IIRC you had to be at least 500 yds away from the target sub.

Ptroinks
01-23-06, 03:16 PM
That's too bad :(. I had a really good mission going there... Well, well! Back to the drawing board...

LuftWolf
01-23-06, 08:08 PM
I don't see why you can't fake it using triggers and scripts. :hmm:

You should be able to provide at least the experience of the DSRV working as it should... you may just have to warn the player as a note in the briefing that you had to fudge it, but to pay attention to the annoucements and radio broadcasts.

Ptroinks
01-23-06, 11:26 PM
Hmm.. Good Idea. I might try that for a later mission in my campaign...

Bill Nichols
01-24-06, 04:52 AM
Sometimes there is a workaround... :|\